This is boring mediocre rock music

this is boring mediocre rock music

Attached: 81nL08pevRL._SX355_.jpg (355x352, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

that's all you hear because you're a boring person

I expected this album to be much more depressing for some reason, probably because of the cover.

probably because you're depressed

Harborcoat is a 10/10 song but almost everything else by them from the early albums sounds like a lesser version of that to me

OP here I just remembered Laughing which is a pretty good song. Title track is decent too. The rest is mediocre as all hell.

>Title track
Pardon?

your life is mediocre as hell

shit I meant Radio Free Europe.

nah it's pretty good
chronic town is way better though

It's nearly perfectly produced and timeless. Their approach to their sound and tones of their instruments in those early days was so straightforward that the music sounds like it's stuck in a time capsule and it could have been released today.

Overall I probably prefer Reckoning by just a bit but I certainly think Chronic Town, Murmur and Reckoning are all damn near perfect. I also think it's impressive how R.E.M. were essentially a band who had their own unique sound down 100% on their earliest releases and then spent the rest of their (fairly prolific) career moving closer to other more common sounds found in Rock music and experimenting with different ideas. Not that I think that's bad, but I would say their first 3 or 4 albums are more unique and original sounding than say, Life's Rich Pageant, Green or Monster.

Only listened to it twice but RFE wasnt that memorable so far, fav track is probably We Walk

I hear Losing My Religion on the radio sometimes and really love that song

>Only listened to it twice
you have not formed an opinion yet then. you guys come here like you should have any idea what you're talking about without living with the thing. it's a masterpiece. you won't uncover it properly until you've heard a LOT more.

Sorry, I agree with what you say, hence why I added "so far".

nah it's me who should apologize for being harsh. sorry, these threads trigger me sometimes. this is a complex album. it doesn't reveal itself right away.

No hard feelings m8

The MFSL master makes the bass far more prominent than most other masters, as R.E.M. intended. It's really the version you should seek out to listen to this album.

Document is a better album, but Murmur is worth it for Radio Free Europe.

>Document is a better album
It was their best, IMHO

No shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

Actually, this is good rock n' roll, uh, music.

michael stipe doesn't even compare to Thedge or Bonobos

I have the same opinion, Document is when R.E.M starts getting great imo

this is the truest thing i've read all day

i absolutely adore this album, it sounds so singular and unlike anything else. the production is immaculate, and REM intentionally tried to move away from trends of the time so like user said its 100% timeless. no synths, no guitar solos, nothing. its just pure solid catchy alt rock music from beginning to end. literally every song on this album can get stuck in your head, as there's at least one catchy refrain or musical idea that just doesnt leave. goddamn this album is so good im ranting now

This. CT, Murmur, Reckoning, and most of Fables are near perfect. The quality of their music took a huge downturn in the 90s though. I really don't understand what people see in commercial sounding R.E.M. AFTP and the albums that came after it bore me to fucking tears.