Your father was the best Jedi in the galaxy, and fought against Darth Vader

>your father was the best Jedi in the galaxy, and fought against Darth Vader
why was he so full of shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hN74bOubUug
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well techinally it's true, from a certain point of view.

youtube.com/watch?v=hN74bOubUug

>Luke doesn't give a fuck about Obi Wan and is just dicking around with a lightsaber
top lel

It was Obi Wans greatest flaw. He could have the high ground anywhere except morally.

From my point of view you are fullof shit

Reminds me of an edgy goth teen telling his mom from his point of view normies are all dressed weird.

That beautiful moment when fans realize, that for all their perceived faults, the prequels did not detract from or cheapen the original trilogy. Instead and in fact enhanced and enriched them by killing the myths and legends surrounding Anakin and the Clone Wars by showing the truth. But that's just my "certain point of view"...

>obi wan was goth all along

fuck ewan mcgregor

Because lucas cant write.

lel

prequel posting the hottest meme right now

meme?

Why do reviewers like RLM never mention that kind of things?

Because Vader actually being Anakin was a retcon.

bane?

he was talking about his internal struggle

keep in min that the force literally turns you into another person if you fall to the dark side, that's why Anakin appears like his young self before turning at the end of ROTJ

Why did Obi Wan play into the narrative that Darth Vader and Anakin were functionally different people? Isn't that what Vader tells himself to try and process the pain of his own betrayal? Isn't that what Vader wants?

>not realizing that this is a copied youtube comment
wew

This. Leigh Bracket did not include the father/son plot in her draft of ESB. It was a revision lucas made with Kasdan.

I mean, you COULD have made Vader and Anakin play off as two characters in prequels and played it off that Vader killed Anakin, but the prequels don't play the identity at all.

Anakin was like his family. Obi-wan couldn't accept that it was Anakin who betrayed Jedi Order.

their force ghost reunion must have been pretty awkward

Are you retarded

I recognize this but can't place it. help pls

Luke, did I ever tell your about pretty lies? a beautiful lie
1] An album by 30 Seconds to Mars.
2] A lie told by the men Beyoncé and Shakira describe as beautiful liars.
3] A pretty bed or couch.
4] The word `lie` emblazoned in pretty letters on a surface.
-looks at wall
That`s a beautiful lie. And they were good friends.

Threads.
its depressing just because its probably whats going to happen to us all within 10 years.

>see OP pic
>keep clicking webpage to make the shading go away
>mfw

>Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.
What did Anakin mean by this?

>Reading youtube comments
He didn't want to burden Luke with the knowledge that his dad is a Sith. He thought it would prevent him from killing Vader (ironically is what stopped the Emperor).

thought I was the only one

next level shitposting from OP

Because Anakin was his friend and he isn't going to fucking tell Luke Vader is his father because then he is not going to kill him. Remember Luke is the new hope, Obi Wan knew this since Luke was born. The narrative that Vader killed Anakin was added as an emotional incentive.
Does that make Obi Wan an asshole? Maybe, but he was just fighting for what he believed in.

was Cody a good friend?

Nah it was probably emotional, Anakin asking for forgiveness and what not, Obi Wan forgiving him even for killing him. All the pain and tragedy lie in the past. Both had plenty of time to meditate on their mistakes.

Watch out for that vicious bounty hunter Boba Fett, Luke. Did I ever tell you I fought his dad? He was hired to assassinate a senator me and your father were guarding. We kept bringing her around open windows and public areas in order to draw the would-be assassin out because we knew he had too much pride to just shoot her from long range. He had used his payment to hire another bounty hunter to kill the senator for him while he sent us on a wild bantha chase. Also the 2nd assassin used her payment to buy a robot to assassinate the senator for her. Did I mention the 2nd assassin was a shapeshifter? She could have been a good friend in disguise and just shot the senator for all we knew! Then the robot used its payment to buy poisonous bugs to release into the senator's room while she slept after lasering a hole through the window. It could have just lasered her too after that because we weren't watching her at all, but it already bought the bugs. So we sense the hostile life forms (not the robot) in the room and rush in and save the senator in the nick of time! Then I jumped out the window to chase the robot back to its owner! Luckily it didn't have a self-destruct function. Then we found the 2nd assassin and chased her across the planet, and caught her when she tried to kill us instead of shapeshifting and escaping. But to our surprise, Jango Fett was watching the whole thing instead of going to kill the senator while we were away chasing the bugs chasing the robot chasing the shapeshifter. He shot her with a poisonous dart instead of sniper blaster, and only her instead of shooting all of us or blowing all of us with a rocket or something, then he escaped with his tiny jetpack. Luckily for the senator, my good friend Dexterr Jettster owned a 50s dinner on Courscant that had Republic secrets on the menu along with cheeseburgers and malt shakes. We found the assassin and Mace killed him later, right in front of Boba. He was a good friend.

>right now
How new are you?

Ackshullay that's not Cody, all clone commanders had that paint at the beginning of the war. Cody tells Obi-Wan he never fought on Geonsis in TCW.

what kind of teachings would Anakin have to offer Luke and his students?