A challenge

A challenge.

Remake this image with albums released in 2010 or later.

Attached: HeMwr[1].jpg (1400x1993, 607K)

We already did that dick head. I didn’t save it though because it was a shit chart.

I called my Dad a plebeian today over the phone because he found my punk music collection and started going off on me about how punk music is Satanic.
I told him I listen to more than just punk, which I do (everything from psych rock to jazz to blues to rap to techno to classical, a shit ton of other music, but punk and post-punk is probably my favorite), but he didn't want to hear it and called the other stuff I listed Satanic too. Said next time I come back from university, all my music will be gone, at which point I hung up.
I'm blaming you for this Sup Forums. My Dad's a conservative Christian, but he's family, so this is your fault.

I'd trash my son's music too if he had such a faggot taste

Rock
>The Mars Volta - Noctourniquet
>Thee Oh Sees - A Weird Exits
>Fuzz - S/T
>King Gizzard - Flying Microtonal Banana
>Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Think & Sit

Rap
>Kendrick - To Pimp A Butterfly
>Tyler, The Creator - Flower Boy
>Death Grips - Exmilitary
>clipping - clippng
>Run The Jewels - RTJ 1

Electronic/EDM
>Jamie xx & Gil-Scott Heron - We're New Here

I can't be bothered thinking of any more but those are a few I'd pick

>meme gizzard

this chart sucked to begin with

Dadrockers would enjoy it. It's not just a list of good music, it's a list of things le wrong generation fags could appreciate.
Also that's the only really good Gizzard album IMO, the rest are decent to meh

>The Mars Volta - Noctourniquet
really?

Man, I listen to other shit, everything. Punk has just been a favorite of mine.

i miss 2012 mu

Eh, it's the only one that was made after 2010, and I think any exposure to them is good. I like Noctourniquet personally, but it's easily their second-worst record.

>Punk music is satanic
I thought that was just relegated to some dadrock, shock rock, and metal

Damn, user. That sucks. I understand how terrible it is to have your father not appreciate the music you're passionate about. I remember last summer when I tried to get my dad into Sunny Day Real Estate, but he dismissed them because they were "weird" and "underground."
On an unrelated note...

>My Dad's a conservative Christian
Please tell me at least that he doesn't entirely hate all black people or hold a negative stigma against them or other races...

>pop

plastic beach
plastic beach
plastic beach
plastic beach
plastic beach
plastic beach
plastic beach

it's unironically one of their best records

Are you fucking stupid. The bible ended slavery.

>real music is made with instruments not pressin a button on a machine

Oneohtrix Point Never - Garden of Delete
Oneohtrix Point Never - R Plus Seven
Tim Hecker - Virgins
Aphex Twin - Syro
Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
Blanck Mass - World Eater
Purity Ring - Shrines

Pretty much anything is Satanic. The only music he really likes is whatever plays on the radio, and I couldn't get an electric guitar until university since I wouldn't have been able to hide it like my music and movie collections. He let me have an acoustic guitar though.
Yeah, it sucks huge willies. Nah, he's not overtly racist but he's made passing remarks which would be racist in today's times. They're just the kind of remarks you'd hear from someone of a bygone era from the kind of dead end area I'm from, completely harmless. My older brother is a lot more like him than I am, and my older sister is actually more of a disappointment to him than I am. I love them regardless.

>King Gizzard
>Kendrick
>Tyler
>DG
>RTJ
>Jamie XX

>OPN
>Syro
>RAM
yup, this decade is shit alright

>AJJ is on the chart
goddamn, I forgot Sup Forums wasn't always Sup Forums 2.0

>leaving your important shit at home when your parents are crazy dickheads
You have only yourself to blame

Are AJJ hated now?
That's a shame. They're one of my favourite bands

one day I was listening to tim hecker and my mother called that satanic. any music they don't like is essentially satanic to crazy christians. but hey! at least you have soulseek

Man, I made a new version of that with a focus on accessibility and I got almost nothing but hostile responses. Just let it be consigned to history.

Post it!

It didn't end racism.

music? yeah I listen to rap, techno, the list goes on and on...

The thing is that this hasn't been a prolific decade for music thus far, and we've mostly had to rely on old vanguards to keep making brilliant stuff. That's why it's almost 2020 and we're still seeing The National and Radiohead and Sufjan and Swans popping up on AOTY lists. The culture has shifted so far into a hip-hop focus that that's where most of the exciting musical development is being fostered. You've got relative newcomers like Kendrick and Vince Staples and Danny Brown (among others) adding immensely to that scene, but otherwise, that chart holds the fuck up even after 7 years.

Be completely honest, is there a single electronic album you can think of that even comes close to deserving Geogaddi's spot? Or Since I left You's? I mean you can probably find room for Arca in there, and Frank Ocean could do well under pop, but broadly speaking we haven't seen the same broad, original creative flourishing that previous decades have brought us.

y'all might as well fill that chart up with Fantano-core. 2010-2020 is pretty much him

Attached: bigsound_anthony_fantano_h_0914_v2.ff0df38ca06ed0a474abe43eb683e3e7.jpg (712x400, 24K)

machine girl wlfgrl

Here

Note that I wanted to make the presentation less pretentious so I removed most of the "fuck you dadrockers!!1" language. I chose most of these albums in the interest of 1) accessibility and 2) helping music novices to discover more new bands.

Attached: The New Generation.jpg (3851x2702, 1M)

AJJ is soy as it gets desu

90% of these are trash

Now name the 10%

Thankyou. I'll give these a look

Also, I'd consider putting a translation for the kinoko thing. Not everyone can understand weeb

I take issue with you calling nujabes jazz anything. throwing some minor 9ths on your shitty beat doesnt make it jazz.

literally ONE and TWO and THREE and FOUR and

its should be one AND two AND three AND four AND

using a rock beat and throwing some modern jazz chords on your shit just makes you look like a huge pleb.

Untrue
Peasant
Going Places
MBDTF
Carrie & Lowell