What did you guys think of it?

What did you guys think of it?

Can't honestly recall the last time I was that enthusiastic about a film.

It's everything you want from cinema but have forgotten about or stopped hoping for because we live in a fucking depressing era in which movies are pessimistic as hell (which could be why the 2010s are one of the worst decades cinema-wise).

It's fun, it's heartwarming and heartmelting from time to time, it's nostalgic and energetic, it's tender and harsh, smart and funny.

Interested in what people who didn't like it would say about it

>spectacle for spectacle's sake

Literally no better than capeshit. And "nostalgic" should never be a positive descriptor for a movie

Can't honestly remember the last time I watched such a dishonest film. This film was basically Whiplash for Women, a trite rehash of shit he's already made, but dumbed down enough for the weaker sex to comprehend, with some blatant Academy dicksucking so he gets the oscars that Whiplash didn't.

He's proved himself a hack with this.

Haven't seen it, never will

It's a fucking musical right?

Boring as shit and every reference to classic Hollywood was so forced.
>My mother liked Brining Up Baby
Great. You should relate that to the plot somehow.

>It's fun, it's heartwarming and heartmelting from time to time, it's nostalgic and energetic, it's tender and harsh, smart and funny.

I could say the same for Frozen, or any other shitty animated kid's film

>What did you guys think of it?
Good but not great. I'd watch it again if someone else wanted to but I probably won't seek it out on my own

It will win some awards it deserves and some it doesn't

I, too, am homosexual.

Saw this today, I liked it, a very romantic film, the music's pretty catchy too, I've been humming City of Stars since I got back.

Looks gorgeous too

You type like a Redditor, no wonder you fell for this upvote filmmaking

>they just don't make movies like this anymore!

This might be a stretch to think, but maybe there is a reason that no one wants gay escapist musicals anymore

>five years pass
>Mia never bothers to look up news about Sebastian, the one person who was dedicated enough to find her and tell her about her audition offer
What did Chazelle mean by this?

>woman is jealous of man's success, becomes angry and bitter
>man rises above her pettiness, and goes out of his way to help her get to the audition
>woman never reaches out to thank man, and doesn't even want to talk to him once she stumbles into his jazz club

I haven't kept in touch with my university pals from five years ago and we were extremely close.

life happens.

It's pure unfiltered shit.

you missed the part about
>man too petty to accept life changing record deal and tour
>man lashes out at woman putting blame on her for failing to achieve his dreams
>man realises they both were right and had good intentions in the end

it's a two-person story you dumb shit.

I take one look at the tittle and the poster, and I already know it is horseshit. Of course impressionable tryhard like you will lap it up

>judges a film by its poster
>acts like an edgelord faggot
>calls other people impressionable tryhards
lmao

I haven't watched it but I see people on Sup Forums call it dishonest so now I do it too. And it got 14 Oscar nominations and it's popular so now I have to hate it

He only does that because he missed her play. If the play and the photoshoot didn't overlap than he probably would have kept on with Lionel Richies band

>Movie about heterosexual white people singing and dancing while they fall in love

This movie is literally fascist and I am so disappointed the we as a country haven't moved on from making disgusting racist films like this. I honestly thought I was watching Riefenstahl and am still in shock that the academy is celebrating this piece of white supremacist propaganda. I was holding out hope when they introduced John Legend's character that Emma Stone would end up with him which really would have saved the movie for me, but no, of course she ends up with some boring bland white guy. I mean come on, how are we still making movies like this in 2017? Overall just a very dishonest film and one that should be banned because of its outdated racist message.

Dishonest, disingenuous, disrespectful to the cinema IQ of anyone watching, I have half a mind to think this """""""film""""""" was a practical joke at the expense of those who enjoyed and praised it. Just one big prank by people who know better and are still laughing that everyone fell for it.

It's pretty bad

This fuck everone involved in it

It was a fun and nice movie. I usually hate musicals but loved the songs, and sappy storyline. Loved the way the movie just looked and felt.

It's no masterpiece or anything but I just loved it personally.

Its an excellent film assuming you're a piece of shit thats dishonest yourself.