What do you think of Syd Barrett?

What do you think of Syd Barrett?

Attached: 245BE570-99D2-4228-8766-9DEFC6C08EF4.jpg (512x457, 43K)

DUDE

ACID INDUCED PSYCHOSIS

LMAO

One of the most innovative rock musicians. Piper is pure personality, along with his first solo album.

Certainly a tragic figure in music history and important for founding one of the most recognized bands of the past century but not for his actual contributions to said band. His absence provided the inspiration for the music that would give his old band success. It's a shame what happened to him and wondering what could've been, but his downfall outshines anything he ever produced.

i dont like his material very much and i think had he not been replaced by dave or had rog never become the creative workhorse of the group, pf would hardly ever have gone outside of a relatively famous club band

but i think he's cool i guess

Has gradually become my favorite era of pink floyd.

His solo stuff takes me to an odd place. Feels as lonely and sad as an old folk blues album but without the dilution of recycled licks and ideas.

He is rly good. Piper is the imo the best psychedelic album of all time. His solo stuff is also great.

I don't see how you can think this. Interstellar Overdrive alone is one of the earliest examples of harsh improvised acid rock. His guitar style was amateurish but completely original. Pink Floyd got technically better without him but lacked his exploratory nature. I like Waters era, but Syd was the one who was pushing all the boundaries.

Oh I agree completely and I personally love his Pink Floyd era, but the fact remains the band never takes off like it does without him falling by the wayside and allowing Waters to take the reigns as the lead creative force. My post is saying despite his contributions to the genre he was more important for his eventual absence.

acid

talentless meme hack
richard wright was the real talent in pink floyd

trips confirm, Rick had such a great voice.

amen

Fascinating guy, good songwriter, but overrated.

It was very pleasant, too bad he really stopped contributing all too much after Wish You Were Here. His presence on Division Bell is the biggest thing it has going for it.

I really admire him, piper is one of my favorite albums.

Hit his peak way too early and lost all his ambition along with his mind in the music industry. Ironically he would place a bright burning candle on his head that would die out quickly while performing

he's getting rather old but he's a good mouse

Attached: 4b9747e5d21216561e48874da9bb7152.jpg (408x588, 26K)

Attached: Dvs.jpg (250x125, 7K)

He's a real groover

I like the song Jugband Blues that he wrote for Saucerful of Secrets.