Why are Americans obsessed with race THAT MUCH...

Why are Americans obsessed with race THAT MUCH? All the conversation you have with American online would result in talking about race. Any social, political or economical issue would be attributed to race by American and explained with weird racial theories. It is the illness of all the groups of American society: white, black, Republicans, Democrats - everyone is obsessed with it. Americans have invented cancerous shit like altrights and sjws to debate about race even more. Just why? What the hell is wrong with them?

Just a reminder.
>The United States Census Bureau defines White people as those "having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East-North Africa."

I personally have a few thought on that subject.
1) Many Americans are still racist because Americans don't have now and never had before good anthropology school. Moreover, their government think that studying the race may cause racism so they don't develop this branch of science at all which results in the opposite effect - without solid scientific discourse on the matter Americans have pol-tier "scientists" spreading their shit.
2) Slavery in USA has caused a huge trauma in American mindset, making race issues one of the cores of American culture.
3) Obesity leads to decreasing of cognitive abilities.

pretending to care about race in order to believe that they're not racist and morally superior. Even non white Americans tend to be like that.

The reasons I can think of
>Slavery and the aftermath (not normalizing race relations until the 60s) means that this divide is still fresh in the minds of most people. Pair this with the largely bad socio-economic situation of most people of colour and you have a situation in which a segregation still appears to be in place, at least in the eyes of the people of colour.
>Exposure in the media. American whites are overrepresented in the media iirc. So when diversity is forced in tv shows and movies it exposes them to the truth that not every city in America is a Drake & Josh white suburban heaven. This leads to them ramming trucks in protesting antifas.
>The founding fathers who were Puritan Protestant hardliners which leads to the clusterfuck you see nowadays; people who aren't able to fend for themselves are generally fucked. You can't always overcome everything with hard work alone. Combine that with extreme sentences for drug related crimes and you have created a trap that people of colour can't get out of.
>Never EVER forget that because of the way America was founded they have an extreme distrust in all manners of authority which leads to an increased belief in conspiracy theories. Everything they don't like can be traced back to the gubmunt if you try hard enough, including racial tensions or segregation (this is the only point I'm not making up, heard this in a lecture on the American elections).
And that's why I think that Americans are obsessed by race. Their race relations never really normalized after the 60s. You can sit at the front of the bus but if sitting in the bus is a sign of being poor in the first place that doesn't really help.

Many americans do not know the full extent of their familly history and often have a disconnect from their families. Essentially skin colour is all they have.

its a non country, no nation
its education is piss poor
their population identifies depending on what color is their skin

imagine a really big kindergarden but with adults, thats america

I think there's some pretty interesting theories here and for some I could draw some parallelisms with Latin American history and its caste societies. Having said that there's always been this particular sense of virulence to American race relations which I do think stems from something far deeper in the American psyche and has to do with this near constant need for self agrandization, Americans seem to enjoy flattery on a level which would be considered distatsteful in most other places in the world, and it almost seems they can't derive satisfaction from accomplishment without there also being a loser to be debased.

It's this desire for domination that drives things to often ridiculous extremes and there are several good examples of this hyperbole, like their belief the best in the US must by necessity be the best in the world (the "world" series, America #1) as if there could be no possible intermediate step in between success and failure. This is so ingrained in their culture I have no doubt an American could read this and somehow understand it as a rejection of mediocrity and a trait that drives them to succeed, but it's not, it's overblown and oftentimes cruel.

because never 4get slavery ironically leads to race being a sensitive subject and creates more tension the more they try to "put race aside"
>hey, remember that wound you got last week?
>yeah, forget about it

>one post by this id

Americans are idiots. I literally just had an argument with an American who believes the earth is flat! I mean FFS!

>earth is flat
>creationism is part of science
>death threats and insults are considered free speech
>wearing shoes indoors is a mandatory custom

Thats because their whole social history is based upon community building since protestants coming to america to flee europe persecution until racial segregation, they inherited their apartheid (separated development) culture from england. Thats also why they invent bullshit like gays are born gays so they can form a community and a lobby in their social scheme.

from the beginning, Americans have been absolutely wrong.

Because Americans have no cultural identity, no history, no roots.
But it is in human nature to be tribalist, and since they have no culture, americans differentiate between each other through skin color. If all Americans were white, they would be racist against hair color or eye color

Isn't race a legally sanctioned idea in the USA? People deemed black have an easier time being admitted into upper education for example, don't they? It's also noted in government-funded studies and in personal documents. You should not underestimate the influence of law and institutions on the society's consciousness.

There's also the fact that everybody and their dog believes to be middle class in America so they only have ethnicity left as a key to understanding society.

white Americans' status has been fucked with decades of immigration, and they are just now starting to wake up to their own displacement and to the failure of the multicultural experiment. I can't fault them too much for developing strong identities based on race, since it happens in all groups whenever a group's sees its position threatened in such a manner.

*whenever a group

I wonder if Americans understand that many European ethnicities (regardless of being considered white) have a really long history of hating each other back in Europe.

Politicians use identity politics to pit the races against each other in order to get more votes.

I don't think they realize that there are ethnicities consisting of people if different races. For example, Arabs vary from white people in Levant to blacks in southern Egypt.
Americans never had multiculturalism, they were always about melting pot concept.

sorry, should've said multiethnic - that's what they have been driving towards for quite a while now

>that's what they have been driving towards for quite a while now
>for a while
They have been doing it since early 19th century when non Anglos started coming in massively. Moreover, race obsession in USA are mostly whites obsessed by blacks and blacks obsessed by whites, Hispanics do not fall for this idiocy that much.

yeah, but integrating Caucasians to American culture is an entirely different task than integrating blacks or Hispanics. And of course there isn't as much tension between Hispanics and other ethnicities, but it's still pretty obvious how segregated is the existence of all these ethnic groups and how the white and Hispanic interest are competing interests

They had institutional racism not long ago, it should be no surprise that they still have that attitude one generation later.

>Why are Americans obsessed with race THAT MUCH?
People without much going for them are obsessed with race. This is not limited to Americans.

This is so true I've stopped watching American comedy people on netflix/youtube because at least 75% of them WILL make jokes about it - and only a few ones can be called 'funny'. Heck, I remember one bearded guy stopped making jokes to take a political jab on Trump and his 'presumable' race views. wtf man, I'm here to laugh, not to Sup Forums

---

while we have some racial tension in Brazil, it's way more subtle. People can have friends from other ethnicities without problems, interracial coupling becomes more and more acceptable and the 'cultural appropriation' hysteria never really got a root here.
I think we'll never have a BLM group here, for example.

Why is Brazil less race-obsessed than us? It seems like you have many of the same issues.

First, we didn't have a civil war with slavery as its core. Brazil released a lot of slavery-reducing laws from time to time, gradually decreasing slavery on the country (one let slaves 'retire' after 65 years old and became free, other let slave newborns from that year and later not be considered slaves, stopped slave trade, etc). Also, slaveowners and slaves frenquetly had relations, giving birth to 'mulatos' - and these new ethnicity worked as a 'bridge' between blacks and whites, increasing the former's rights and the latter's understanding that the old times were gone. (many mulatos became politicians and our greatest writer, Machado de Assis, was a 2nd or 3rd generation mulato, as our 4th President, Nilo PeƧanha).

The segregation was mostly cultural, not by law (separated bathrooms or schools were pretty much rare).

One important thing to consider is that, with the Republic, only rich people could vote - no matter the skin color. This put poor and middle class people of all skin complexions in the same situation, which created sympathy.

Nowadays, Brazil is more of a 'I have, therefore I am' than 'I'm X-colored, therefore I am' like USA seems to be

because of Tomfold H(immler). Tabitha, who is not my pleasantries

Americans have no culture so they stick to long debunked scientific and racial theories like flat earth, creationism, racism, Scientology, American dream, Capitalism, Fox News, Jesus, wrestling, Nascar etc.

Dumb "meme"

>this counts as white in america

She would definitely be seen as black in America. A good portion of blacks in the US look like her.

>>death threats and insults are considered free speech
but they literally are. Otherwise you can't call it FREE speech

That's pretty tolerant and understanding. Why did Charlottesville and shit even happened?

She lives in Korea now

>they would be racist against hair color or eye color
just like Sup Forums

explain to me like I'm 5 the difference between multiculturalism and melting pot because I always thought those are synonymous

>that pic
Huh... so that means that america will become modernize like the chinese? nice.

Melting pot is everyone blended together to form something new

Insecurity

>include MENA as "white"
>have a 1% muslim population rate
well alrighty then

country (state, government) and nation are not synonyms, and you dare to say "education is piss poor" in the next line

hilarious

Interracial marriage is more common in the U.S. than Brazil.

Every other thread on Sup Forums is about race and whiteness, dumbass.

I'd say the main reasons are:
1) America has never existed in one state long enough to solidify a permanent culture
2) There still exist deep rifts in society that were more "paved over" rather than healed

The media has played a massive role in accelerating these issues within the past few decades, but IMO they're primarily exposing cracks rather than creating new ones. Consider American slavery, for instance. It's an outlier in history due to the fact that most slavemasters punished their slaves past the point of productivity. Unlike many other nations, our brand of racism is active and filled with hatred, like you see on Sup Forums. It's not "Black are inferior to us, so what?" like you might have in Asia, but "Blacks are directly the cause of everything bad" here. Even if few people believe this now, our society is still modeled after that perspective, and lack of social mobility means that it's not improving at a significant rate. Which means that crime and poverty statistics remain high for minorities, and a lot of whites develop prejudiced views based on these, further dividing the people instead of keeping them together.

Much more to it than that, but you get the idea.

This is pretty much spot-on; Americans don't have any inherent roots, so they attach to things like race to differentiate themselves. In addition, disaffected people are being funneled into extremist groups that tell them that their ills are caused by things like race rather than themselves, as such making things worse.

Racial and other social issues are also much easier for the average American to talk about rather than issues that are much more pressing, i.e. the growing class divide, so they tend to place much heavier focus than necessary on social problems.

Because everything in America revolved around race.
-Race quota for colleges
-Race quota for work
-Race quota in TV shows
etc

It's literally all they have.

The new world is devoid of any culture, it's nothing more than degenerate consumerism, unless you think pop culture is culture.

Trump reminds me way more of Mao than Obama.