Football is not popular in the U.S. because there are not enough black people playing

Football is not popular in the U.S. because there are not enough black people playing.

I'm not even trolling, being totally serious. Americans associate black people with superior athleticism, when they see a sport where the best players are white and hispanic, where the best teams come from European (or European-influenced) countries they think it's not athletic enough.
That's why you always see them making proposals to change the game to make it better for black players, such as adding substitutions and time-outs, which would allow pacey negros to rest more.

As it is now, football is an extremely white sport so Americans think it is "faggy".

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2008/03/19/nyregion/19soccer.html
theharlemtimes.com/online-news/soccerharlems-new-renaissance
forbes.com/sites/prishe/2015/10/27/how-major-league-soccers-attendance-data-slightly-oversells-leagues-2015-successes/#718d879d3ce6
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Rugby
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Duh. Americans worship the BBC. That's literally the entire reason why they won't drop the negro felon league for an objectively better sport (Rugby Union)

>let me tell you about your country
You’re right though so I guess that point is moot

So is the recent influx of fast/strong black ''''talents'''' that will definetly not peak at 21 just an attempt to appeal to the American audience?

blacks won't play soccer because they care more about showboating than they do winning, and they can't showboat in a game where it's almost impossible to score.

Can't be more wrong, street football is the sport where you can boast and taunt the most, by dribbling and scoring a lot

maybe in the land of wine and cheese, but you show me anywhere in the US where nogs voluntary play soccer in the street and i'll personally mail the Statue of Liberty back to France. you must be thinking of basketball, but it sure isn't soccer.

Soccer is seen as a sport to put children in at a young age for the fun of it. Its just not taken as seriously as other sports competitively. Most kids grow to their teens and start playing football,basketball,baseball etc. Maybe now that the US demographic is changing it might get more relevant in time but, not for a while. Also the mls is trash tier most mexicans watch the mexican league and others just stick to european leagues as it is better quality. Im american born and raised and i only watch the premier league although as a quite patriotic person i do support the usmnt and watch every game they play.

>thugby poonion

would LOVE to hear your excuse about why Australia doesn't give a shit about poonion either then

Harlem.
nytimes.com/2008/03/19/nyregion/19soccer.html
theharlemtimes.com/online-news/soccerharlems-new-renaissance

>headline literally says it's small scale

it was from 10 years ago
the point is soccer is voluntary played in Harlem by blacks

They hate it because there is 90 minutes of actual gameplay instead of 90 % commercial breaks, and those stupid fucks don't have the attention span for it.

Actually there are like 60-something minutes of gameplay, if you exclude the times when the ball is not in play

It can go from 50 minutes to 65 minutes depending on the "quality" of the teams

The beauty of the thing is that time management become a ressource. You can adopt an anti-football strategy, where you can score 1 goal and be hellbent on wasting time to preserve it (in handegg they also do the same with their "downs" stuff, but it's more artificial and way easier to do)

I always viewed negroes as weak and stupid.

Like, inferior to women, but still better than their own women.

Football is not popular in the U.S. becouse there is only one break in the game for comercials, and burgers need comercials, becouse they can watch burgers and coca cola, it brings some suspens to the game for them. This is the only fucking reason and all of you know it.

""""""Soccer"""""" is too complex for the american negro

This is one of the more retarded memes Euros have come up with.

Hockey has more "ball in play" action that soccer on average: 60 vs. 57. Basketball has 48 minutes.

Also just because the ball is in play doesn't mean the action is compelling. Soccer fits that profile. A bunch a lady like twinks lightly jogging around the field.

We don't like the sport because it's shit. Simple as that.

Fair enough you don't like it. You think that's the same with all your fellow countrymen but I have bad news for you, more and more Americans that are not you like association football.
Association football doesn't need you to grow in the USA. How does it makes you feel that it will become a major sport in your country and that there is nothing you can about it?

this is insane and incorrect

>You think that's the same with all your fellow countrymen but I have bad news for you, more and more Americans that are not you like association football.

Not really.

>muh Atlanta United, muh Sounders

Look Pierre, they tried to push this shit through Pele in the 70s. The club he was on was drawing 40K per match and up to 77,000. The Atlanta United phenomenon is nothing new.

When you take out the Canadian MLS teams (remember, we're talking about soccer here in the states), average MLS attendance hasn't grown by all that much since its beginnings.

forbes.com/sites/prishe/2015/10/27/how-major-league-soccers-attendance-data-slightly-oversells-leagues-2015-successes/#718d879d3ce6

EPL television ratings have remaining just about flat since they started broadcasting games, about 430,000. To put that in perspective, the WNBA draws about that in the regular season.

MLS will lose to Billiards in the ratings and soccer's participation rate has declined faster than basketball and baseball's over the past 5 years.

Major sport="no."

Niche sport that Mexicans follow (highest rated league on tv is their domestic league): Yep.

niggers are shit at soccer.

>muh ratings
ah yeah, "muh ratings", the penultimate argument to show that "soccer" is somehow someway non-existent in the USA.

and the most remarkable thing about it is that the biggest proponents of such a mentality are the redneck-rightwing-racist types. how's that for a paradox

they could watch the african leagues if they love blacks so much

>ah yeah, "muh ratings"

I never said it was non-existent. I said it wasn't a major sport and isn't on track to becoming one (soccer faces a crowded sports and media landscape as it is. Sports participation and viewership are declining across the board in all countries).

>muh ratings

What else are you going to use to gauge relevance (aside from attendance, and like I said, the MLS attendance numbers haven't grown much over the last 20 years, the growth is even less than baseball's [the oldest spectator sport in the country] over that time period)?

Non-American here and I never saw football as primarily white sport. European leagues are dominated by South American shitskins and various niggers imported over from Africa, most of the top teams like Germany, France, Brazil, England are all multikulti as fuck. Furthermore Americans mostly associate the sport with wetbacks from Mexico and not with white people.

no, the point is that you are talking about a practically non-existent street level interest in the sport, and you had to go back ten years to even find that. nice try but, so no statue for you, better luck next time.

the >muh ratings meme must stop, you should know better that the health of a sport shouldn't be measured only by its ratings
NHL have abysmal ratings and yet generate billions
Don't forget that football isn't helped in the US, American TV networks have zero incentives to air "soccer": no stoppages = no commercials = no revenues
Also Americans don't like watching subpar product. Why watch MLS when PL/La Liga is around?

I know that Pelé & Cosmos dragged thousands in the '70s, but the comparison with ATL stops here.
Pelé & Cosmos played in front of a public with zero football background. You know with what you should compare it? NFL London games.
MLS is widely different. US kids play the game, enter MLS academies, can dream of becoming pro in the US.
MLS has the healthy grassroot strategy to grow the game. It will quietely become huge, but not overnight.

>TV ratings are a meme but American TV doesn't show soccer because there isn't enough advertising space

wow, tell me more abdul

>the state of those "athletes"

Australia is damn lucky the USA doesn't play rugby

'Murricans think that football is a bitches sport.

Men play egghand.

>NHL commercials break every 5 minutes
>NBA commercials break every 5 minutes
>MLB commercials break every half inning
>NFL commercials break mandatory in the rules (65 commercials break per game)

>still don't believing that American TV doesn't show soccer because there isn't enough advertising space

Compared to your other sports, yes, yes it's definitively the case. Because you thought TV networks aired sports for the beauty of sports? they air products to sale commercials to make revenues

Handegg*

NHL ratings are fine. It's a very strong regional sport and the Stanley Cup Finals will still draw about 5 million per game on average. No other team sport outside of the big 3 will draw that in its pro league.

Soccer is on ALL THE TIME. Saturday is filled with EPL games. And regular season MLS games are always broadcasted. And I already said that EPL only draws about 400-500K per match. That is WNBA level.

>Pelé & Cosmos played in front of a public with zero football background.

This is wrong. I don't know why Euros think soccer is some foreign game we have no experience with? Had a pro-league in the early 1900s, finished 3rd in the very first world cup, has always been a popular recess game in schools. Furthermore, the reason the Cosmos did so well in NY is precisely because those fans had a soccer background. NY has the largest European diaspora in the world, and in the 70's, there were far more 1st and 2nd gen European immigrants in the city.

> MLS has the healthy grassroot strategy to grow the game. It will quietely become huge, but not overnight.

It's been around for 20 years. Average attendance in its first season - 18K. Average attendance (sans Canadian teams) in 2016-17 - 20K.

Ratings for MLS cup in 1994: 1.4
Ratings for MLS cup in 2017: 0.8

Women's softball college final in 2017: 1.5

Again, it'll find its niche with Mexicans and hipster. Nowhere on track to become a major sport.

Says the Nancy whose players are walking billboards

"soccer" is a very young sport in the US. Why don't you mention youth participation?
1970: 45,000 high schoolers
2015: 550,000 high schoolers
Plus the actual, real, tangible possibility to become a pro football player.

Besides, 20 years is literally overnight to create a fanbase for a sport. Football is growing stronger everyday in the US, that's undebatable.
Don't worry, I'm not saying it will overtake your football. I'm not saying that because it's not true.
But USA aren't monolithic. In some regions football is really growing strong, thanks to a blend of white suburban middle class, spics, homo hipsters and trend-setting metropolitan dwellers.

It has all the ingredients to eventually become a major sport in the USA

imagine if we had our superior african athletes playing a real sport like aussie rules football

>Compared to your other sports, yes, yes it's definitively the case. Because you thought TV networks aired sports for the beauty of sports? they air products to sale commercials to make revenues

As I said in my latest post to you, there's no shortage of soccer on television, especially on the Spanish language channels.

Why is it so hard to understand that mainstream, non-immigrant Americans aren't that fascinated with soccer?

The most important aspect that a popular sport has a respective country is history and tradition. Soccer got its chance and it lost out to baseball, football, basketball, and hockey as our sports culture was developing. Other sports like tennis, boxing, and golf also emerged.

When your sports culture was developing, soccer had little competition (team sports wise) aside from rugby.

Now that soccer is "trying" again, it's too late. The sports and entertainment landscape is too crowded for it to become a major sport.

It's not too late bro, USA demographics is changing. The average anti-"soccer" white dude, from 80% of your country in the '60s, will become a minority in 20 years.
And good thing is that "soccer" doesn't need you. It will become a major sport in your country in less than 20 years. Because the Neymars and Messis of tomorrow will probably play in MLS

>soccer doesn't need the majority demographic in the country that controls the overwhelming majority of the money in the country.
I don't think you understand professional sports.

The game can't be dominated by black players because you can't just have a team full of pacey nigs with few qualities besides speed. One or two as wingers can work.

A bit of african blood is good though because their slow wits and aggressive tendencies are dilluted, Suarez for example is 1/8 african however you can see how some of their animal aggression remains.

Neymar is also mixed and has their usual vanity and conflictive nature.

>Why don't you mention youth participation?

Sure.

Calculate the percentages and you'll see soccer participation has declined faster than baseball and basketball's.

>But USA aren't monolithic. In some regions football is really growing strong,

Where. I'm in Southern California. Illegal immigrant central. We did the Atlanta United thing before they were even an idea, with the Galaxy drawing huge and setting records at 70,000. Landon Donovan is from here. SoCal is also the youth soccer capital of the US, and everyday there's no shortage of Mexicans playing pick up games in parks.

And the Galaxy is still far away the 7th or 8th least important pro sports team in the region (Lakers, Dodgers, Clippers, Kings, Angels, and Ducks). And behind USC and UCLA college sports.

And Southern California has the "perfect" environment for soccer (Mexicans, Hipsters, Liberals, Youth, etc) yet it can't emerge over any other sport.

Lol. Boomers are the ones who got modern soccer restarted in this country. They're the first helicopter parents who put their kids in youth soccer. They were those Cosmos fans. They created the MLS.

Soccer's hope of becoming a major sport is Latino immigration (there's 11 million undocumented of them and they like to have kids). I'll somewhat buy that (entertainment is more fragmented than ever, so a sport that can draw a couple of million per match on TV will probably be considered a major sport in 20 years). But it'll because because people from soccer loving countries made it a major not because mainstream America, white or otherwise, "woke up" to the game.

>Hispanic is a race

> this shitty damage control

hockey is popular and no blacks play it

also soccer is rapidly growing in popularity in the us

t. Nanu Takaloa

I'm from Atlanta and soccer is getting popular here. I would say it has overtaken baseball in terms of popularity, which is saying a lot. That being said...
>divegrass

those are high school students I think

>Football is not popular in the U.S.

70,000 people went to a My Little Soccer match a few weeks ago. Stop saying that football isn't popular.

100,000 people will go see monster trucks. Doesn't mean anything.

New stadiums and expansion teams are casual bait.

t. virgin brazilian

>100,000 people will go see monster trucks.

And monster trucks are popular in America. What is your point?

>mfw too dumb for footy

>Harlem
>blacks
When did I travel back to the 90s?

Soccer is white in America, because wannabe euros too gay for rugby play it

I interpreted popular as in mainstream popular.

Soccer has a niche with mexicans and hipsters, though.

The only blacks who play it in the USA inevitably have immigrant roots, or an immigrant parents. Very few play just being plain black, and those that do make it are great people. Something abouy soccer in America filters the niggers. Its great and Id rather it stay a meme sport

kek
Hues really are the worst posters now. Australians need to step up their game.

Not true at all. The 4th most popular sport is hockey c that’s the whitest sport we have. Soccer is only seen as faggy by people who’s families came from Germany in 1810 and for the next 200 years they were tough guys. Hand egg became popular because it was a contact sport and teddy Roosevelt talked about it a lot with reformsing it and stuff. If Donald trump talked about rugby that much then there would be a resurgence of rugby.
Basketball was popular in the ghetto (probably) because it was so cheap. Just buy a ball as opposed to all this expensive equipment
Baseball was America’s mst popular sport up until the 80s, and honestly I have no idea why. Right now MMA and lacrosse are on the rise, while the other sports (minus hockey) are declining.
In fact, there has been a pussification of American society recently, because parents are overprotective and afraid of their kids getting hurt, so most kids are switching to esports.

Actually in 2019 major league rugby will be launched

>bunch of twinks
Guess OP was right. Burger needs a big black bull to keep his attention.

that's actually cool

Atlanta United is not a phenomenon because they have a fancy new stadium, and because a new soccer team is perfect for the hipster transplants in the city.

But the one thing that you’re forgetting, is that the vast majority of soccer ticket sales in America are because of 3 reasons
>parents will take their 7 year old to a game during their soccer phase
>whatever it’s god to get out of the house
>they got the tickets for free or really cheap

Some NASL teams actually have deals with schools where people will get free tickets to go to games equivalent to the Latvian 2nd league. Most people at NASL game got the tickets from their kids school and aren’t even fans. MLS viewers got deals to see the game and it was a nice day to get out of the house

Replays vs Adverts

wow the dumb fucks in this thread.

Soccer in the US continues to grow at a pretty high rate year after year.
In talent, in fan support, in passion.

MLS is fine.
US Soccer is fine.

the only thing in their future is Dominance.
we have too much money and our country is safe and attractive.
Read some sports business books.
not rocket science folks.

If soccer were to become a major sport here it wouldn’t be for another 20 years minimum. The thing is, once the sport gets too popular, the liberals and hipsters will switch to something else, perhaps rugby.

The growing popularity you cited is very superficial. In America, pretty much every kid will play soccer, baseball, and tennis before they turn 10. For the past 20 years it’s been like that. Sometimes these kids will decide to continue one of these sports in high school so they’re not sitting on their asses all day. Most of the people in my old high schools soccer team didn’t even like soccer, they only played to be active. About half the kids on the baseball team hated baseball, and one kid on the tennis team like tennis. Everyone else did it to play a sport

If you really want to, try finding the number of kids below 10 playing soccer in the country. I’m pretty sure it was over 2 million for 2015 (definetly over 1 million though] most of those kids will switch sports or give up on sports all together

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Rugby
Should be an Intresting experiment, but I’d still rather watch Australian rugby

>penultimate
Do you know what this word means?

I'll go with egghand.

yeah i've always thought that it would be futsal that would appeal most to americans since it's high scoring with the showboating and freestyling of basketball.