/daily/ - I fuck linked the wrong last thread edition

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previously, on /daily/:

Attached: bad-joke.png (1000x1000, 944K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~Peepeestorm09
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ariel-kalma-richard-tinti/osmose/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/alice-coltrane/turiya-sings-3/
youtube.com/watch?v=HWhfZk1llUo
tapmusic.net
neverendingchartrendering.org
kevincoleman.bandcamp.com/album/first-songs
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/various_artists_f2/сховайся/
youtu.be/-K1teSnMntU
twitter.com/LITVRGY/status/976515839481597952
youtu.be/GPN3DpN-jRc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gas > your favorite ambient artist

gas is my favorite ambient artist, turbonerd

everyone here hyped for Rausch?

i liked Narkopop better than Pop, so I'm excited to see where he goes from here

Would really appreciate any recommendations, since I definitely still feel pretty new to exploring music in general

Attached: topsters2 (1).png (2278x1340, 850K)

@schumacher
check ya email. i got something for the split finally. might make another track at some point.

fuck yeah. Although I didn't like narkopop as much as pop, I still really liked it.

previews sound groovy

Attached: 1506792467739.jpg (700x700, 139K)

my thoughts on narkopop have already been stated but the trailer has me a little hopeful

no otherwise gas would be my favorite ambient artist, and they are not.

Step 1) Stop listening to brockhampton
Step 2) You're already there

Just accepted my job for the summer, feelsgoodman :)
Am feeling sick, feelsbadman :(
It's that kind of sick where you don't feel like doing ANYTHING. Might take the day off tomorrow, and prob gonna read for the rest of tonight.

I listened to Sov Gott Rose-Marie today and wanted to like it a lot more than I did. Reminds me a lot of early Pink Floyd with that heavily processed 60's psych sound. Everything was just slightly off from being great; from the poppy bits to the droney bits to the percussion and instrumentals. Still an interesting listen and one I'd recommend to 60's psych fans.
6.5 /10

Attached: it_a_piggo.png (866x906, 1.32M)

Nice!

(hey choof you want in on this since u were the one who originally proposed it)

hop along, cardiacs, bob drake
everything sucks is best descendents imo, if you agree also listen2 a wilhelm scream - ruiner

I wish you could make groups of friends on rym. I always add back people who add me but I'm averaging 2 or so a week and it's really adding up.
I'm forgetting who is who and it takes way longer to look for specific people/ratings especially for popular albums.

yeah choof hop on my boy

what styles are we playing with? I'm not feelin up for much at the moment but suspect that'll change this week

generally like eai/tape manipulation/loop/field recording business. both of our sides are fiarly different as of now, so do whatever as long as it doesn't suck. i could send over my side if that would help ya figure it out.

and I can send mine as well!

>eai/tape manipulation/loop/field recording
oooh sweet
I'll start hunting for stuff to work with and will work on something this weekend

Are there any albums with lush recordings like in this?
rateyourmusic.com/~Peepeestorm09

Attached: F84B7518-BF39-4893-A87D-0DB6035C908F.png (220x215, 124K)

This is proto-Gas
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ariel-kalma-richard-tinti/osmose/

This is amazing more of this

only semi-related but I'm surprised you love that kind of music AND alice coltrane but haven't rated this
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/alice-coltrane/turiya-sings-3/

Cornelius - Sensuous (2006)
>shibuya-kei, electronic, indietronica

I actually like this a fair bit more than Fantasma. The breadth of Cornelius' music and his willingness to genre hop is still here in spades, it just does these things in a way that I like a bit more, and in genres I like more. The rock influence from Flipper's Guitar comes back into play here, although more in a math/post-rock fashion, and Cornelius takes on the genre brilliantly, bringing in some emotion that isn't really present on any of his other albums. It doesn't quite reach the melodic pop heights of Fantasma, yet it makes up for that in sheer innovation and a much better overall sound.

3.0-

Fifty Foot Hose - Cauldron (1968)
>psychedelic rock, experimental rock

It's a bit too much of a mess for me to really get into it, but there's a fair bit I like here. It's incredibly anachronistic, for one, from the incredibly modern use of electronics all the way down to the cover art. There's a Can or Beefheart-esque level of deconstructionism here, as well. Rock traditions are introduced, stripped down to their bare minimums, then absolutely eschewed in favor of cacophonous noise. It's something that's done well a couple times here, but failed enough times that the album as a whole really starts to suffer. Really cool, though I can't say I actually enjoy much of it.

Goldenrod - Goldenrod (1969)
>jam band, heavy psych, psychedelic rock

Heavy duty psych rock that doesn't skimp on heavy riffs while still maintaining a psychedelic, experimental, jammy kind of aura. The jams are oftentimes a tad too prolonged, and the longer songs feel really pasted together, lacking any cohesive feel. But, it absolutely rocks, and that's what really matters. The improvisation and instrumentation here is incredible too, all the musicians have such a thorough grasp on what they do.

3.0+

Attached: Droning EthyBoy Crunch and Transgod.png (2296x1600, 1.98M)

I must have forgotten desu

bump

im getting my teeth filled tomorrow, can i get some music to distract me?

youtube.com/watch?v=HWhfZk1llUo
it'll sound something like this

i know, i want to distract myself from the sound you big silly

Mercury Rev - Syringe in Yer Mouth

what's with the gas hype? it's pretty generic sounding dub

can't really compare him to alio die, which is much better ambient

Ever since I got a root canal I've had an idea for a greentext where I ask if I can listen to music while getting the root canal. I put on some onkyo and get frustrated that I can't hear my music well over the dental instruments but eventually come around to the opinion that the dental instruments make for better onkyo music anyways.

>listening to music
>not staring into the eyes of whoever's working in your mouth

>generic sounding dub
do you know what dub is

Attached: kooba.jpg (320x266, 12K)

it's dub techno, what's your point?

>dub
generic or not it isn't dub

>he thinks tape manipulation is dub

Attached: file.png (773x539, 1.05M)

it's not though

jesus it's slow

post your week
tapmusic.net
neverendingchartrendering.org

Attached: weak week ha ha lol.png (1313x1310, 2.54M)

lmao

Can someone comment on the "Box" versions of Gas albums vs the original Vinyl ones?

holy fuck we dead

we /rym/ boys now

halfway through the Heavens to Betsy album i was like "damn i need to listen to more punk rock again" but by the end i was like "eh maybe i'm good"

Hey idiot

Attached: f-a-g.jpg (1280x720, 41K)

/daily/ has always been /rym/ for brainlets.

young thug

Attached: gg.jpg (737x734, 122K)

(((SEX)))

Oldfag about to retire from active music listening to pursue 70 hour workweeks in management consulting, AMA.

Attached: topsters2.png (1523x1432, 750K)

does it get better?

why tho

If you work for it. It's rough to say mostly goodbye to music, but it's either that or stay here forever.
I'm getting old. The internet is not enough for me anymore. I need to support my family first.

but you don't have to go full dogwander

cool thnx

you first

>Grateful Dead - Dick's Picks Volume Three - Pembroke Pines, Florida - 5/22/77 (1995)

This is probably the most talked about volume in the series behind Volume 4 from the do-no-wrong month of May 1977. If you know much about the Grateful Dead, you may know that it’s the most hyped period in the band’s history. While I think the honor is warranted, and that an official release from this time is a wonderful thing, I’m just not of the crowd that believes that every single show needs that distinction.

First set has some wonderfully tight playing with killer audio quality. Flawless renditions of The Music Never Stopped and Help on the Way->Slipknot!->Franklin’s Tower, though I can name better, more exciting examples from this very month, not to nitpick. I will say that this Sugaree, like so many performances from this month, is divine. Something about the May 1977 style that people love is just brilliant suited toward Sugaree. This great tension and power flows magically here through a suite of themes.

Samson & Delilah that kicks off set two is in its typical form followed by an often-vibe-killing Sunrise. Estimated Prophet hadn’t developed into anything exciting at this point, and the Eyes of the World that follows has a powerful moment but even that fails to rouse this set. So, after quite a tame 35 minutes they play a breather: Wharf Rat. Admittedly, it’s such a soulful performance that shows the R&B side of the song that maybe before hadn’t been apparent. The second half of Terrapin Station does little to rouse the set of course. The set-closing Morning Dew is a treat and it’s sweet and delicate and soulful, not to be outdone by the legendary Cornell version from earlier in the month.

I don’t mean to be a contrarian or nitpick. I still throw this one on quite often. Amazing recording quality, tight renditions, an immaculate Sugaree, May 1977...I guess it doesn’t matter, anyway.
7/10

Attached: 96A082A8-A8FE-45A4-894F-91E51B71ACAC.jpg (1218x1216, 143K)

>metallica and bowie
you won't be missed

>70 hour workweeks
You'll still manage to sneak in a record or two most definitely. I do 60-70 hours a week and it's fine.

>Grateful Dead - Aoxomoxoa (1969)

I’ll do a more comprehensive review at some point. This is the missing link between the disparate Grateful Dead movements—that of psychedelia and that of country and folk. It’s also about as playful as they’d ever get. “China Cat Sunflower” and “St. Stephen” are whimsical acid trips of songs with winding movements. “Mountains of the Moon” is a great, ominous, impossibly 60s psych folk song that would introduce “Dark Star” in 1969 performances.
6.5/10

>The Wailers - Burnin' (1973)

Ignore your biases if you don’t like reggae. Ignore your biases if you like reggae and are above Bob Marley. Most importantly, ignore that you’re familiar with many of these songs through radio play. This is a really incredible production...Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Bunny Wailer, The Wailers. You’re due for a reminder of how impressive this is if you’ve “graduated” from Bob Marley. A song like “Get Up, Stand Up” is easily classified with other music that’s culturally saturated such that one couldn’t imagine a world without it, but note how simple, catchy, and powerful it is. Note the brilliant and deeply layered instrumentals of “I Shot the Sheriff,” Bob’s soulful delivery. My favorite might actually be “Burnin’ and Lootin’,” which makes the point of it all clear: the pained, compassionate expression. I get that much has been said about Bob Marley, but if Burnin’ were from anyone else, that “anyone else” would undoubtedly be heralded a genius.
7.5/10

>Basil Kirchin - Quantum: A Journey Through Sound in Two Parts (2003)

This must be heard to believed. Kirchin is known for television music. Best described as early-70s free jazz plunderphonics. Take my word, it won’t test your patience as much as that may imply. Ungodly, out-of-this-world sound sounds from from haunting, unidentifiable samples. I have to say I dig this more than Eternal Rhythm or Atlantis in similar vein.
7.5/10

>1 good album on whole chart
cya boi

Finishing Steven Pinker’s Enlightenment Now. Makes a pretty convincing case that the world is becoming better in nearly every way...from the perspective of health, safety, quality of life, environmentalism, economics. A continuation of the more focused Better Angels of Our Nature in which he occasionally gets in over his head in philosophy (he’s a behavioral psychologist/neuroscientist). If nothing else, draws attention to this negativity bias and so-called “progressophobia” that tends to be prevalent in our culture across the political and social spectrum.

>The Gun Club - Fire of Love (1981)

I don’t have an ear for this, unfortunately. I never found the music dynamic or interesting or to be bucking the trend much. The vocals are authentic and passionate.
5/10

>Lars Hollmer - XII Sibiriska Cyklar (1981)

Kind of fun, lighthearted Swedish folk music. I think there’s a lot of Swedish folk out there that does more with dynamic compositions that branch out.
6/10

Attached: 051B8795-7A3F-4313-BFF8-4F227FA942FE.jpg (2070x1216, 642K)

I love the fact that Morrowind runs on Mac. My favorite Elder Scrolls soundtrack for sure.

What are you guys up to?

kevincoleman.bandcamp.com/album/first-songs

Ya'll like CD's?

well then C Deez compact discs now available for purchase at ur local bandcamp ;^0

Attached: 20180303_142252.jpg (797x909, 273K)

Aaaaa why am I constantly banned on this university wifi
Also what are some good electronic releases from this year? March is around the time I really dive into current year releases

please pelase please let rausch be better than narkopoop

Attached: IMG_1126.jpg (1250x1250, 773K)

this. if you're single, you can still consume media in 60-80 hour workweeks

BAM

Attached: collage.jpg (1250x1000, 392K)

If I like Lantlôs, Alcest (to some degree), Les Discrets, Amesoeur, Harakiri for the Sky, Heretoir, Agalloch, what would you recommend me?

>tfw not single but still manage

Attached: 1350712080374.jpg (400x300, 25K)

you have a fetish for unusual nipples? or you have an unusual fetish for nipples?

liturgy is the only good black metal band

Neither. I like all sorts of nipples as long as they are attached to an attractive woman.

liturgy is the only good rap band as well

more like whack metal

Attached: happy rapper.jpg (748x748, 78K)

lol

well i guess it's not like the bands user posted are good black metal bands anyways

Attached: 7579f919705792450e294115be656255.jpg (1193x790, 1.06M)

black metal is the worst genre & especially the worst musical scene that has ever existed
blackies in the middle of a venn diagram of hipsters, scene kids and nazis

I love the music aside from the scene
for what it's worth I really like that kel valhaal album

>blackies in the middle of a venn diagram of hipsters, scene kids and nazis
you just described liturgy fans tho

idk how many liturgy fans you know but the ones I've met are kinda unbearable artbros

here's my rec:
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/various_artists_f2/сховайся/
I think I gave this to you already but it seems you missed it

I thought this was an image of Lukashenko for a second

Attached: 1499557631773.jpg (343x191, 4K)

youtu.be/-K1teSnMntU

>rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/various_artists_f2/сховайся/
Whoops! Thanks!

I don't even like black metal. I once met Markus Siegenhort from Lantlos, since then I'm kinda interested in music influenced by shoegaze / post rock / whatever, I don't even know how to call it
No hate please, I'm a Sup Forums new fag

Oh don't worry about it. I'm just not personally into blackgaze. It doesn't hit the aspects of black metal that I like.
You do you

I'm listening to this long ass Fluxus box set right now and I'm gonna go back to the tourney as soon as I'm done with it. If herb kid doesn't give a rec before then (

Attached: 1464716813115.png (3528x1996, 1.92M)

Listen to Jesu buddy

calling dibs on that spot

twitter.com/LITVRGY/status/976515839481597952
HHH confirms it, Enter Shikari > Karl Marx

>that icon
HHH confirmed for Smash?!

every time I read something by HHH I always mentally think "shut thef uck up dude"

"look how smart I am" as an aesthetic is boring

fuckin lmao

that's just the image butthurt blackies project onto him
in reality HHH is a basedgod

I mean I'm not a blackie (BM suxx) that's just kind of the image he's obviously been trying to cultivate

I'm friends with people who know him well and believe me he does not talk like that irl lol

>blackie
wht a problematic word!

hey cruncho do you have a link to cornelius - sensous, the only dl i can find on slsk isn't accessible

ACT LIKE YOU KNOW

>oldfag
>4 Metallica albums

Or maybe you are from waaaayyyy back then when Sup Forums was basically /metal/, in which case Jesus man get off Sup Forums.

Attached: Doubt.jpg (282x415, 18K)

Aloysius Scrimshaw

The Dead Musician

youtu.be/GPN3DpN-jRc

:0
ordering as soon as I can
@choofo, Im away from my computer atm so I have to direct you to spotify sorry.

@choof I've sent you a nice package on twitter :)

Congrats Jangle! Will your job require your engineering or meme background? Either way cheers, definitely something to celebrate a beer and avant jazz cd with