Where were you when godspeed you faggot emperor was blown the fuck out for all time?

where were you when godspeed you faggot emperor was blown the fuck out for all time?

Attached: Screenshot (16).png (1366x768, 1.14M)

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/artist/2924451-Relative
discogs.com/label/384552-Tsundere-Violence
youtube.com/user/shallowrewards/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

According to one of his posts in one of the last threads, the next video is about Aphex Twin.
I'm not ready for the level of Sup Forums aspergers this is going to create.

reminder that this dude likes vaporwave and internet aesthetics

He likes Aphex, I have a feeling that if the next video is about Aphex the artists he'd be shit talking are the laptop musicians of the late 90s/early 2000s who jumped onto the IDM bandwagon, he trashed Fridge in the post-rock video so I'd imagine he'd have a lot of opinions on Four Tet and the "indie/folktronica" of the early 2000s

Who is this and why should I care?

Some guy who is in his 40's and likes to express his subjective opinions about popular music on camera and upload it to youtube so people can watch it

He used to write for pitchfork in their infancy.

is it chris ott because pitchfork's been shit since he's left

A failed musician/critic who didn't sell out with his much smarter friends. Now he's incredibly bitter about it

>Sup Forums aspergers
*watmm aspergers

I'm not a huge fan of Four Tet's music but he's such a down to earth nice guy. There are far worse artist to trash, like Tycho, Flashbulb or just about anyone from the breakcore camp.

link?

Also spam "artists" like
discogs.com/artist/2924451-Relative
discogs.com/label/384552-Tsundere-Violence

These guys pretend they're John Cages and Merzbows but ultimately just shit-up discogs with their """""""""""art """"""""""".

I am legit excited if that's the case. He always has great recs

except dude has a family and a real job and can continue to talk about music on his own terms.

How is any of this better than being a millionaire? How is it even mutually exclusive from being a millionaire?

youtube.com/user/shallowrewards/videos

He never had to rely on writing as a source of income so he is free to say what he wants, and to not play the traffic chasing game that according to him is destroing music criticism.

Who fucking cares? Music criticism is worthless. It provides no use. It's used to sell ads. That's it. Who fucking cares about the integrity of your music criticism if you're making a shit ton of money?

Fucking hell kid get it together.

He was right about Bedhead.

>lol crescendos n shit I don't know what timbre is
What a hack.

>Maybe if I use the word timbre people will think I know what I'm talking about.

GYBE fucking sucks.

piss-poor critique so it's easy to dismiss

Stop selling ads with your worthless criticism.

Yes

You're unbelievably stupid.

Whore

Broke fucking loser.

>I'm inconsistent in my arbitrary positions and airheaded in the sense that I'm unwilling to defend my positions or argue about the worth of something
Wew, thanks for letting me know that you need to be added to my filter.

Spineless brown-noser cunt

I'm not inconsistent. You're just fucking stupid and you're comparing me to a former Pitchfork writer.

This is exactly why I use a tripcode. So people don't confuse me with some knuckle-dragging anonymous poster.

Superiority is acquired through wealth. Shut the fuck up broke fucking loser.

this is fucking top tier
imagine being enough of a loser to pretend to be chris ott, using a trip, trying to make him look like even more of a shithead
fucking lol

Except I was ripping the guy who said Ott was somehow in a good position for leaving Pitchfork.

Keep up moron.

>sprouting surface level "criticism" that any tryhard contrarian faggot on Sup Forums could come up with = BTFO

>You're just fucking stupid and you're comparing me to a former Pitchfork writer.
You got caught critiquing music, and by your argument music criticism is there to sell ads and is worthless. So you're prescribing an inherent worth to your postings despite the fact that you've outright said that such postings are worthless, and provides no use. This is inconsistent, or hypocritical, or contradictory, and it makes you look like an airhead who can't keep your opinions in order.

>This is exactly why I use a tripcode
It's very convenient that I can filter people like you, that's for sure.

>music criticism is there to sell ads and is worthless
Correct.

Attached: BbnYGKZCAAAlXXQ.jpg (768x1024, 82K)

So your postings about music are worthless, and there to sell ads, which makes your opinions worthless whoremongering.

No, because I'm not a music critic. Are you really this fucking stupid?

Keep blowing your boss there buddy, maybe one day you'll be like him, and then you can blow somebody else higher than him

I've been self-employed since February 2017.

this guy's fascinating and clearly has a wealth of knowledge about the genres he's talking about, but a lot of this stuff is just coming off as him rambling without a point to make. I'm definitely watching more though. Great recs.

living off welfare and a handful of cash from your shitty youtube videos does not mean self-employed

I'm 28 and cleared $106,000 after taxes for 2017.

You?

>Rating art

Attached: eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwOi8vaS5pbWd1ci5jb20vOGxmeTQxbC5wbmcifQ.AEbeUvuCIRHhcleDcInx3NWHR-s.png (341x441, 356K)

combat veteran finishing college, have a few paid internship opportunities lined up, have about $40,000 in my savings account

Good. Keep going.

>popular music is art

my sides

same to you
uh
faggot

Just because you are a veteran doesn't mean I won't break your jaw.

if you break my jaw you should finish the job and fucking murder me

Nope. I would just break your jaw and piss all over your head.

>Just because you are a veteran doesn't mean I won't break your jaw.

Attached: you.jpg (1473x2252, 143K)

Anton Levey?

Davis Aurini

>pitchfork writers

Heh, it's like it isn't worth my time. Im not going to sheep around and follow someone's shit tier opinion.

Attached: 1520117840879.jpg (681x681, 215K)

This guy needs to stop slapping his lap. Jesus christ.

>transethnic
is this cultural appropriation or just racism

Attached: melonboye.png (600x694, 272K)

This whole video is just him saying "P is for post rock I FUCKING love this genre." No analysis, pretty superficial treatment of the history. Great for learning about what this faggot likes, and the historic role he believes he had on the evolution of post rock. But not good for anything more than that. All in all, I FUCKING hated this video.

It's just fucking sad honestly. The dying echoes of an aging hipster fighting his own irrelevance. "I did pitchfork! we were the only ones talking about this album once!" Who cares?

there is literally a tripfag in every ott thread raging because ott gets more attention than they do

>Tweed
>Muh scruffy intelectual beard
>Muh intelectual/scruffy hairdo

Tell me again why i should care about what an unaccomplished middle age man has to say about anything.

Attached: 1435190931791.jpg (250x250, 42K)

because he's trying to introduce you to music you're too stupid to find yourself

Stop projecting, sonny boy.

lol there are much better sources for that, not that it's hard to find interesting music anyway

I don't think that's Chriss at all. He's contentious about pitchfork, but he's more so moralist about music, journalism, and corporate influence. He has this punk/diy but defeated mentality that just wants to avoid corporate influence. All of this though is to protect his enormous fucking ego about how he shouldn't be edited or force to do some story he doesn't want to. Still, he's super knowledgeable about a specific set of things

this

gybe are shite

Attached: ganger, muthafucka!.png (446x453, 446K)

God, how's that materialist dick taste in your mouth, you unthinking pig-fucker? Die

Does anybody else feel extremely insecure watching his videos?
Like this guy has a completely different experience and perspective with music that you will never have?

why are you five year olds latching onto this vid so hard

for the record i agree with him, and the only good post-rock band is talk talk

He just has personal opinions and preferences, nothing else.

bump

t. underage

Stop projecting