How to digest music on first listen?

How to digest music on first listen?

Attached: 1466526624162.png (1000x1004, 169K)

actually listen to it instead of splitting your attention
not very difficult when you start off with that

ok but what if I already do this tripfag?

read interviews / context (not reviews) before listening I guess
if you already do that and you can't figure most music out while listening actively then you might be retarded idk

Not really possible imo it always takes at least two listens not a single album became my fav at the first listen

just turn your mind off

Just b urself :)

Most important imo, go in with an open mind. Don't let any prior tastes get in the way of your enjoyment. I can't say there's any music I've particularly hated, mostly because I just try to go in and take it for what it is.

Make an effort to sit and actively listen, turn 100% of your attention to it if necessary.
Alternatively, listen to it while doing some other, preferably tedious, work. Makes you turn your mind off just a bit, and the music, whatever it is, almost becomes a sort of escape from the work.

you don't digest albums on the first listen, you have to listen to it couple of times before you get a good grip on the record, otherwise you're likely to misjudge it

this. I fucking HATE it when I recommend albums to someone telling them it's really really really 10/10 good, and they come back "I listened to the first three and a half songs, it's okay I guess"

I will give an album 2 listens minimum but if there is a decent amount of support for the album and not just from idiots then I will listen to it three or four times before I decide it's not for me.

is this really how the low IQ brain works ? you need to listen to something over and over just to have an opinion ? good lord that sounds awful

The same way FRIENDO's mom digests buckets of hot cum on the first try.

I mark every track in musicbee (with a 3 star rating or higher depending how good it is) I like while listening to an album the first time. It essentially signifies that that specific track is worth a second listen.
Over time and with repeated listens, the rating climbs. Any album with no marks first listen = into the trash it goes.

Don't think of them as a rock artist, think they're a pop band.

Is this supposed to be funny? Are you trying to tell us something, Is this cry for help?

How was school today?

>not knowing what trip baiting is
newfag

A potentially good thread ruined by shitposting.

To answer OP, understanding basic music theory like harmonies and scales and bars goes a long way and like the other user said, really listen to it.
I sometimes take notes on a first listen, just to order my thoughts

How do you get into headier albums with no standout tracks?

THIS, so fucking much

>tripfag
>calling others stupid

Attached: Photo 2017-07-28, 12 35 21 PM.jpg (640x679, 54K)

I feel like I have to digest the album by listening to it entirely like 10 times or even more. Makes it kinda difficult to get into new music desu, because if I listened to something this many times that means I really like it and I just prefer to listen to stuff Im used to instead of get trough a new album.

lol it's just music. you feel it or you don't. it doesn't change on repeated listens

Attached: 1521337483188.png (586x578, 37K)

Sure there is. It's silly to think humans are attentive enough to pick up on everything. If you can't find anything redeeming on first listen, you should dismiss it however. There's no reason to torture yourself.

I really don't know how people can judge an album on first listen. I might be moderately retarded, but normally I don't remember most of the songs after the first time I listen to a whole new thing

the low IQ posts with a name on Sup Forums

lol

so do you just not pay attention or what
serious question
i literally do not understand how you can be paying proper attention, listen to something with full interest, and then come out a completely blank slate and need to listen to it multiple times over just to feel something
are you exaggerating ??

Look at this retard and laugh

They probably listen while browsing Sup Forums.

being urself is fucking awful

It's a predictive thing. Your brain feels the buildup more and anticipates certain parts. Not to mention your brain doesn't entirely understand everything on one listen unless you listen to simpleton music, even if you give it 100% of your attention

you sound like a dude who says stuff like "wow loveless finally clicked for me"

There is no "click". You understand it or you don't. If you understand it then you either like it or you don't.

im aware

it depends doesn't it?

depends what mood you're in, if you're receptive to the kind of music you're listening to at the time of listening or if it will take longer for you to decode that piece of music properly than just one listen... or if you remember what you've heard at all... sometimes music just isn't very memorable, and for individuals such as myself, just have a hard time remembering things in general...

Half of you are brainwashing yourselves into liking shitty music. If you listen to something 10 times i dont care what it is youre gonna end up humming and singing along to it in the end. One listen should be enough to determine wether you would like to listen to something again or not.

>Half of you are brainwashing yourselves into liking shitty music.
>Is actually brainwashing himself
what the hell?