Tv, why did this do so badly?

tv, why did this do so badly?

the critics liked it, it surely had some big names in it, but audiences reallly care and the oneys who ddi saw it seem to be pretty indefferent to it.

I personally liked it a lot of the cinematography, the acting, and I found it engaging from the beginning to the end even if I probably didn't get half the throw backs to old hollywood. also it was funny in a pleasant way without quips or stupid 4th wallbreaks

sorry just came home from 10 hour night shift:
*but audiences didn't really care for it and the ones who did see it seemed to be pretty indifferent to it

*liked it a lot FOR the cinmeatography....

It was just really mediocre.

>Jonah Hill listed as 5th
>Gets 2 minutes of screentime

Why?

To be fair, most of the cast only had two minutes of screentime.

Nobody really knows about the Golden Age of cinema anymore, self included. I liked it for the usual Cohen Brothers reasons, but I felt like I was missing the "in-joke."

The movie is only good because of the Hollywood studio/catholic church analogy and that flew over most peoples head

>movie written as a love letter to golden age Hollywood
>doesn't click with modern audiences
Maybe they should have shoehorned in more romance and musical numbers.

can you elaborate on that?

This movie was shit but it was nice to see one of the worst actors ever Christopter Lambert get some work.

I really wanted to like this movie but it never really picked up for me at all after Clooney was kidnapped

Is the joke that they're all jews

>its a love letter to golden age hollywood

>everyone is either fake, incompetent, or just a moron.

Lambert isn't a bad actor. People just kept telling him to "do whatever you did in greystoke." So he played tarzan over and over.

I know Hollywood likes to jerk off to its history but this movie was too much. This movie had no purpose, some studio head reaffirms that he belongs to the industry? And it seems like the Coens have a bad percentage after making a hit movie. Like every 3 movies fucking suck before they make a good one

>ensemble cast movies released in the summer
DROPPED

I think it did badly because of the trailers.

People who dont know or watch Coen movies saw Scarjo, Tatum, Hill,Clooney all in ridiculous outfits with a funny premise of kidnapping.

The story isnt about Clooney being kidnapped with fun shenanigans happening, its about Maddox and his daily life in his job. The kidnapping was really only to get the plot moving along.

I disliked it my first time watching, but on repeat viewings ive come to enjoy it more. Tatums dance scene and character was great, but i would have loved to see a bit more of Ralph Phiennes.

word of mouth is all anyone trusts anymore

it also kind of applies to the marxist group. the marxists, catholics (like the main character), and the studio all remain faithful to an invisible boss. like the church he also polices the other actors' behavior in the name of the studio. also remember the george clooney forgetting his line when hes looking up at the cross.

It was critically well received, more than doubled it's box office gross, and got an oscar nom.
How did it do badly? If you mean going over normies' heads, well that's every movie

It didn't pander enough about how Hollywood is where true talent shines through and dreams come true through movie magic.

it was about how life under a system isnt necessarily a bad thing.

Christianity, Capitalism, Hollywood... There is always the potential for happiness and real art there and the revolutionaries sworn to fight them often dont offer anything better.

also that jew at the meeting talking down all these christian clergymen's faith then ending with giving something inconclusive... what did the Coens mean by that?