Battlestar galactica 2004

What Sup Forums thinks about the show? Also do you think we will get a third reboot?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OFRe4nl8ugM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Quality sci-fi entertainment, has aged very well. Everyone on Sup Forums should watch it.

I think there's a film already in the works
Whether it's a second reboot or a side story for RDM BSG is still to be revealed

This is one of those shows that I should've liked, but didn't. The acting was fine, I loved the direction, and it had a pretty cool storyline. But I remember being turned off a little by some of the heavy handed political messages.

It was a quality show, just not my thing.

first season was great but holy shit did it go downhill fast

Fuck toasters, yo.

Good writing, great effects (especially for a SyFy show), and good character arcs. It was let down by an abysmal 3rd season, but if you can slog through that it's well worth the time.

excellent

Many things.
Never.

Definitely dipped in the middle seasons a bit, but overall it was good. Let's just pretend the ending never happened though.

Shame that Caprica wasn't 12 episodes. It deserved another season.

WHY DID THEY HAVE TO INTRODUCE THE FINAL FIVE

seriously, the series was pure kino exactly until the final five became a thing.

They should have made them ONE character who gets revealed to be a Cylon.

>WHY DID THEY HAVE TO INTRODUCE THE FINAL FIVE
Because the writers were making the whole show up as they went a long and needed a big reveal to end a season on.

That's the main reason the first two seasons were good and the last two went to shit. The writers had no idea what they were doing and it started catching up with them.

The pilot was 11/10 absolutely amazing sci-fi, the likes of which I have yet to see replicated. The rest never quite lives up to it, and becomes absolutely terrible near the middle/end.

I'd like to see a reboot that maintains the core components (Humans on the run, Cylons disguised as humans), but doesn't go full retard with the plot. Limiting the seasons to 10/12 episodes would probably be a good idea.

not to mention that tension behind 33 minutes was a great narrative device.

more soap opera than scifi.

not a fan aside from the women in red. actress is hotter than demon piss.

12 years...

I don't think the ending was that bad tbch

NO. NOT NOW. NOT EVER. DO YOU HEAR ME. I WILL USE EVERY CANON, EVERY BOMB, EVERY BULLET, EVERY WEAPON I HAVE DOWN TO MY OWN EYE TEETH TO END YOU. I SWEAR IT. I'M COMING FOR ALL OF YOU!

it was the drugs

>We never get told the cylon god is hades
such is suffering

And yet, because of that peoples try to collectively forget the series.

Complete Garbage.

They had so many good plotlines and they fucked every single one up because they were too lazy or stupid to actually plan out resolutions to any of the things they came up with.

I liked the mini-series (2003)

The main show went too 90210 turn edgy teen shit in space

It was one season short. and fuck them for killing kara

The show was amazing.

...until the big "twist" at the end of the third season that ruined everything.

This.

lel. how can you be fuckers so blind

this: started very very strong/dark (with that child murder), but then it became a shitty space soap opera with chilidish politics even faster

it was terrible.
>3-5000 left of humanity
>act like population is still billions and lets make stupid decisions

Loved it until humans could impregnate Cylons and the babies were the cure for cancer.

Garbage.

it's one of these mid 2000s shows like lost or prison break or heroes that everyone was obsessed with back then but now it's kind of shameful to admit because they all went to shit after a season or two and maybe weren't very good to begin with

90s stuff like twin peaks or the x files has had lasting impact and solid fanbases but 00s shows just leave an air of vague embarrassment and any nostalgia, if present, refers to the community experience of following the show and not the crappy show itself (ie it's always "remember lost threads?" and not "remember lost?")

plus with absurdly bloated 25 hour seasons that have maybe 5 hours of material in them these shows are torturous to rewach unless it's on a second monitor while you play videogames or whatever kids do these days

It was a looong time since i have seen it, i enjoyed it, but there was too much soap drama and not enough scifi in there
But it wasn't nearly as a bad as stargate universe

young Shat was a qt, no homo

This. People usually cry about the ending and forth season, but for me third was the worst

I quite like most of season 3 except for the last episode which is where the series really went downhill for me.

how is it not downhill from season 2?
>Starfucks is best pilot
>Starfucks is best in poker
>Starfucks is best malee fighter
>Starfucks is best sniper
>Starfucks is best mechanic
>Starfucks is the chosen Messiah one

i have no problem with that
i hated her because she was annoying
the MC should always be likeable by the viewers

I have really really comfy memories of this show. Still the first thought about it is me watching it only because what overlong shit the writers think of next. It's a shame.

Best Sniper
Best interrogator
Best Pilot
Best card player

B4 Mary Sue was even a thing

>the likes of which I have yet to see replicated
To be honest the pilot episode of Lexx is far superior to anything else when it comes to TV scifi
youtube.com/watch?v=OFRe4nl8ugM

Unfortunately the quality dips immediately after the pilot movie and seasons after 1 & 2 are just plain shit.

She started out surprisingly good and was an excellent counterpoint to the military as well as an effective leader

Then she just devolved into a raging supercunt

When it comes to space operas:

Legend of the Galactic Heroes>>>>>>nothing>>>>>>>>nothing>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BSG>>Babylon5

Let's just get these out of the way

Cain did nothing wrong
Gaeta did nothing wrong
You can't rape a machine
Galactica should have been sacrificed instead of Pegasus
The show nosedived during the writer's strike after Exodus
Lee was a clusterfuck
Helo was a race traitor
Starbuck was a mary sue

>Starbuck was a mary sue

But she didn't destroy Scar.

I don't see the need for a reboot. Special effects still hold up to this day.

The one thing I loved about this series was the music : the score as a whole was exceptionnal, and the use of music as a plot device in the later seasons was really great, however bad one might deem the plot to have become at this point of the series.

Depended wholly on the writer. I had such a hard on for her.

>Cain did nothing wrong
No. Jurgen Belzen did nothing wrong.

Yeah, I'd go along with that

it's mostly good

>Helo was a race traitor
Are you retarded

They all were race traitors in the end.
>Let's go destroy our technology and our culture and live like the natives do and breed with them

Only the Centurions got the best ending

>married a Cylon
>impregnated a Cylon
>raised a half-Cylon kid with a Cylon
>killed a fellow officer to save a Cylon
>sabotaged the plan to wipe out the Cylon species
I stand by it
Race traitor

Loved it. In my top 5 best series ever.

I also recognize and acknowledge Still up there though and I'll always love it.

What happened to Tyrol's wife's son?

Cain did nothing wrong, as did Adama. They were both right and both clashed heads and Adama won.

Gaeta became a self-centered hypocritical prick. He got what he deserved for what he did which was wrong.

They weren't machines.

True but the isn't called Battlestar Pegasus.

Yup.

Double yup.

Yeah, until the mood changed and cylons were "accepted" and he was redeemed. Doesn't cancel out your statement though.

Not really, she was just a pretty badly written character that went nowhere.