Star wars episode iv

>hold your fire theres no life forms
Lol what did they not know the whole reason they were after the ship was plans plans are not a living thing somebody could easily have chucked some physical media on it.

Still pretty good film so far but who the fuck names a weapon the death star.

I get what they were going for with the brass robot dude but it does not really work.

Wait isn't the parsec a unit of distance

Massive plot hole that threw me off immediately, really ruins the whole premise of an otherwise good movie. It's just silly and uncharacteristic thing to do, insanely far-fetched, from these officers.

>but who the fuck names a weapon the death star.
If you're you're willing to accept the books as canon, its official name is the "DS-1 Orbital Battle Station"

>EU explanation: Han Solo took a shortcut near a black hole, shortening the distance
>real explanation: It sounded cool and nobody knew what a parsec was

the Empire is portrayed as incompetent through all the movies, it's part of the story

DS stands for what though

Dis sack.

*grabs dick*

Deep Space?
Dish superlaser?

It's much harder to confirm that you've found the plans if you blow them up before retrieving them.

Leia could've done like the jew kid in Schindler's list that said that the dead guy stole the chicken.

>It's much harder to confirm that you've found the plans if you blow them up before retrieving them.
I suppose that makes sense but they have traktor beams

It was busy holding the Corellian cruiser.

That's not semi-cannon because the kessel run is done in The Clone Wars show which is canon.

now*

I, too, have watched the Family Guy Star Wars Special.

Why exactly do they nees to make a run through the trench why not approach from above the exhaust

Wait why the fuck is vader in a fighter he does not seem the pilot type.
I suppose if he was trained alongside lukes father his piloting skills may have rubed of on him.

>this is when Star Wars went bad

Honestly i was expecting that explosion to be in more stages

Vader never does anything spectacular while flying in IV. And he's shown to get his hands dirty all through the movie.

I am actually really curious if vader knew lukes father before he killed him was he trained before or after him or were they both trained at the same time.

Im about to to watch the next one so maybe we will get a flashback to vaders past there.
Wait did those credits say mark hamil as in joker hamil.

Rebels dropped the ball

The officers should have been well aware that the plans were on a physical disk, and that it could easily be put in the pod and then dumped for the rebels to pick up later.

Without Rebels, it's not as bad.

>who the fuck names a weapon the death star

Galen Erso

>Rebels

Rogue One I should say

>hold your fire theres no life forms
>now where's that droid with my cappuccino

But vader makes them go down and get it. I know your post is bait anyways

Imagine a remake of ANH
>Vader enters Leia's ship and slays all the rebels with his lightsaber, the troopers search the rest of the ship and find Leia
>Capt. Bolvan allows the pod to be blasted to smithereens
>C3PO, R2D2 and the plans are blown to smithereens
>Bolvan tells Vader about the space pod
>Vader interrogates Leia, tells her about the pod and asks if she put the plans in it
>Leia lies and says she didn't
>Leia lies about Dantooine, Alderraan go BOOM still
>Leia is executed
>The Empire searched Leia's entire ship, so they surmised the plans had to be in the pod. The Empire Wins.
THE END

ESB remake
>The rebels on Yavin IV hear stories about Leia executed by the Empire
>The Empire dispatches search pods and finds the rebels on Yavin IV
>The Empire blow up Yavin IV with the Death Star thus killing the rebels
>The Empire Wins Again
THE END

ROTJ remake
>not necessary
No Luke, No Han, No Chewie, No Falcon, No Tattooine, Jabba, No Obi-Wan, No Yoda, No Lando, no fucking Ewoks, No Hoth

Actually good explanation that they should have gone with: Han was desperate for money to pay off Jabba and wanted to milk this old man and his fuck boi for all they were worth, so he threw out a couple of incorrect terms to gauge their reaction in order to tell whether he could rip them off.

Obi Wan would have called him out then, he was a fucking master pilot and lead entire fleets during the war

Memeing answer: We know at least a couple of space pods were ejected that had nothing on board, as the guy says "There goes another one". It's also plausible that a ship under attack might have pods short circuit or eject just as a default mechanism. Even if it did have the plans, there was only one planet it could go to, and the Empire would be able to send troopers down there to track it pretty easily. The only way the plans got out of Mos Eisley was thanks to Obi-Wan's mind tricks, and there was no reason to think a Jedi would be down there.

Serious answer: It's a movie about space wizards

>Family Guy were the first to point this out

It was moving and probably spinning and sheeit. It's hard to pull up exactly where a 2 metre vent is on a space station the size of a small moon. In reality they must have been pretty close to the correct spot considering the DS would have been thousands, if not ten of thousands, of miles in circumference

Obi-wan didn't care about showing off to Han or saving money. He cared about getting to Alderaan as quickly as possible, and if Han knew he was getting a good deal he would have been more keen to take him. Luke even points out that Han is ripping them off and Obi calls him

>the empire was foiled in part with a roomba carrying a flash drive
Rly makes u think

The Empire/Bad guys being arrogant and dismissive of "lower" creatures abilities is a consistent theme of Star Wars

>He cared about getting to Alderaan as quickly as possible
and he trusted a guy who obviously doesnt know what he's talking about to get him there on a super important mission? or assumed that Han is trying to rip him off and actually knows his shit in some kind of a double mind game? thats retarded

and besides, they already agreed on money when Han was talking about parsecs shit

Keep in mind Ben is one of the most experienced Jedi of his time so 4D chess isn't that hard.

WHAT WERE THE BIG CORELLIAN SHIPS AND THE LOCAL BULK CRUISERS?

It's extremely obvious Han is talking himself and his ship up in that scene and Obi-Wan is just going along with it.

Why would you lie on the internet?

Don't you have some homework to do instead of posting on a 18+ website, Billy ?

>Stomtroopers constantly miss their shots
>Imperial admirals and high ranking officers killed often for fucking up
>Imperial pilots always outplayed into crashing
>Stormtroopers crashing their heads when trying to walk
How do you miss out on such a key concept for this movie is that the Empire is huge, but armed by clumsy idiots?
You'd make a great fit in the Empire, OP

Why didn't Gold Squadron shoot the TIEs behind them during their trench run? Y-wings have ion turrets on top of their cockpits