Did the UK get more grant money from the EU than they paid in?

Did the UK get more grant money from the EU than they paid in?

I heard on Question Time that science relied on billions from the EU. If the UK paid more in than they received, can't they fund science themselves?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budget_of_the_European_Union#EU-27_contributions_.282007-2013.29
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EEA_and_Norway_Grants
youtube.com/watch?v=XrGRP2mu0GA
eleanorstclair.wordpress.com/2016/06/26/if-you-think-angers-over-think-again
eleanorstclair.wordpress.com/2016/06/26/if-you-think-angers-over-think-again/comment-page-1/#comment-503
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nope it is completely fucked.

No source, into the bin it goes.

The EU funded climate change science etc. Politically motived. A lot of scientists just shake their booty for tax money, complete hacks.

But your graph shows the complete opposite. It shows that EU funding to the UK > UK contributions to the EU

You need to Remain britbong and keep financing us.

Not for science you fucking spastic

Man, how do you Polish do it? You literally are the only country with a great deal by being in the EU.

You get free money from the EU and you get to ship all of your retards to other countries to work for minimum wage (which is like 10x what they'd earn in Poland) and then they send it all back to Poland anyway.

How the fuck do you Polish manage to get away with this shit? Does anyone else in the EU have it as good as you guys?

Germoney's got your back man :3. They are upping their EU contributions by a few Billion (I assume some others will also) to make up for the difference.

Am not sure how much longer it can last though, I advise to get as much out of them whilst you still can.

And they vote 80 percent for remain lol, based.

No, it's about 2:1 annually

> Does anyone else in the EU have it as good as you guys?

Yes, if you look at per capita, several countries get a much better deal.

This table and sort by Average net contributions (% of GNI)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budget_of_the_European_Union#EU-27_contributions_.282007-2013.29

Poland is simply a populous country, so we get the largest share of the net total.

Annex Luxembourg and get your dosh back when Germoney?

To be fair that can be explained (like is stated in the pic) by the fact that Luxemburg is home to a lot of EU institutions and has a tiny population.

But yeah, NL is the most cucked country both per capita and relative grants (to payments). #NEXIT when?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budget_of_the_European_Union#EU-27_contributions_.282007-2013.29

So, can't we just use that £77billion for whatever we want?

Also ctrl+f Norway NOT FOUND, wtf? So Norway pay nothing?

KEK of course not.
Norway wisely stayed out of this madness.

Wait I Googled a bit.

Norway pay something in the Millions, but certainly not tens of Billions.

So, what fucking use does all these £billions go, when Norway still have access to the Single Market anyway?

>Did the UK get more grant money from the EU than they paid in?

Why don't you do a 10 second google search and find out? Retard.

Last thing - where are Yurocucks going to find the UK's missing £77billion?

Make each member state pay more?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EEA_and_Norway_Grants

pay for access to free trade area.

The absolute lack of education on the subject of EU by the populus is astonishing.
How did you retards even manage to make a cross on the ballot when you dont even have the base concept of what the fuck is going on.

>>Why don't you do a 10 second google search and find out?
I wanted a discussion about it, not just a yes or no answer. Duh.

Scientific research can now become apart of the free market.

No more state bias just results.

I do not consent

You don't have to get angry my fellow Oisky Boishky, Germany is going to up its contributions to the EU to keep you on the gravy train.

Given the government's track record on funding research and grants scientists are about to be fucked bloody.

>Scientific research can now become apart of the free market.
>No more state bias just results.

Free market wants results now. That means they focus far less on basic research than anything else. But you need basic research.

And rightly so, if they want our money they can get it voluntarily instead of leeching off of us through taxes to create climate change propaganda that will be used to push leftist authoritarianism.

how does it feel having missed quintz by one second

Close. Make Germany pay more. After all, they're very rich and they killed millions of Jews. It's their duty to atone and redistribute the wealth more fairly. The common German will have to work twice as hard supporting a continent that gives nothing back, because of an island that has never treated them with anything but contempt. I see no possible way any of this could backfire on those who claim the EU ensures peace in Europe.

If City of London money laundering operations are going to be cutoff from Europe and the housing market pops what exactly is UK's economy going to consist of?

Shit, you guys have it worse than even us?

>how does it feel having missed quintz by one second

What is quintz desu?

We are going to sell weapons to dodgy countries and provoke conflicts

ITALY STRONK

[spoiler]I wish[/spoiler]

/thread

>Because now all science is leftist propaganda.
Technology is the most important resource there is. Whoever leads its development controls the world.

The government funds politically motivated science that actually holds us behind. For example green taxes force our energy costs higher, putting us at a distinct disadvantage to countries like China. Not to mention all the shit they fund to do with social sciences. Progressive funded 'science' is cancer.

Also, if you are interested in the topic of corrupt scientists who just shake their booty for funding, listen to this scientist working the field. Where your funding comes from matters.

That's the price for the access to the market.

But you have much better control over the Norway Funds.

In monetary and economical unions, the center always benefits. There is a pratical example all trough the world, in wich the capital (or important region) is always richer then the rest of the country. Some countries are organized differently (USA, and Germany, for example, but even then there is substantial differences amoung state capitals(or economic capitals) and the rest).

The point is that capital transfers are always necessary in economical unions, and even more in EU, because EU member states did not start in the same position. See, the center states always benefit with economic union (IN EU the center states are Germany, UK, France, NEtherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg...) since the tax money is always payed in bulk to the capital (The EU case is somewhat different). So the center needs to create capital transfers to the outer parts of the union in order to maintain a cohesion and somewhat equitable conditions.

You can check this if comparing internally. If you compare the amount of taxes collected in London vs gov expenditure, and then compare those results to the results of some hillbily country on the middle of nowhere. For americans you just have to compare the flyover states to Cali and the most developed states federal expenditure vs federl tax income

While dumbfucks look at capital transfer charts and see that as "southern lazy fucks are stealing our money!!" we will not upgrade our union to something more.

Oh gee, i mean the UK will now have 30 billion more cash to allocate annually. What makes you think science wont be better off and wont get a bigger piece of the cake now?

Itally will be stronk to me my dear neighbour.

>The government funds politically motivated science that actually holds us behind.

Tinfoil much?

> listen to this scientist working the field
>Molineux

Am I being trolled?

I love how he just says 'SCIENCE!' like all science is the same and positive lol.

To that user, hey, want to fund me doing a study about whether poopoo = doodoo? Just give me all your money without giving consent.

I'd like to see if he even knows one study the EU has funded that has been positive, and if they have funded a positive study whether it was worth the total amount we contribute to them.

>>The government funds politically motivated science that actually holds us behind.
>Tinfoil much?

Lol, you are either retarded or indicative of your poor tier country.

Don't worry, Germoney will up its contribution to prop you up... for a while.

"MUH SCIENCE FUNDING CANT BE POLITICALLY MOTIVATED"

>we will not upgrade our union to something more.

We don't want to do that. That is the point.

It can. But it mostly isn't. You are probably a english chav or a muslims, but most scientists are apolitical and just care about their research.

And outside of those working for profitable industries, most R&D scientists get meaggre wages

Then enjoy being irrelevant. This is not Victorian ages anymore. Europe can only be anything if it is united

"Science" aka political nonsense like trying to pin global warming on human activity, and how racial intolerance causes cancer.

Good fucking riddance, time to go back to making tank guns and jet engines.

>English chav or a Muslim

lel nope

>but most scientists are apolitical and just care about their research.

Yeah they might not be political but they cater research outcomes to the people who are funding them. It can be the same for private business also.

Go to 10:29 and listen for a minute or so.

Also listen to the whole call, listen to a scientist caller who actually works in the field.

>Europe can only be anything if it is united

And it never will be.

The biggest thing so far has been the Euro which has been a total disaster. Enjoy your European army, common foreign policy, and a bunch of other things which will end up being 10x more dysfunctional than the Euro

Somebody tell me why would any wealthy country want to pay dirt poor countries such as the one I live in? Jesus I'd be pissed if we had to fund some shithole who has worse than us.

>Europe can only be anything if it is united

Mega lols, more like you can only be anything if you get the gibsmedat from Brussels at the expense of the more affluent European countries.

We are fine on our own Jepota. The EU is trash and only fit for 3rd world tier banana republics. The UK is more suited for a high trust liberty based society, not being ran over by authoritarian quango ridden messes.

>I heard on Question Time that science relied on billions from the EU. If the UK paid more in than they received, can't they fund science themselves?
Yes.
Pro-EU folk have misled people by basically looking at one particular category of funding and acting as if it were representative.

If I gave you a £10 note in one bag, and you gave me £2 back in return.
And I also handed you 50p in a separate bag, and you gave me £1 in return...

.... I am still handing you more money than I am getting back.

EU funding represents something like 3% of total UK university funding. A small amount. Also, we'll likely still receive EU funding for science projects, just like Switzerland and Israel do.

>"Science" aka political nonsense like trying to pin global warming on human activity, and how racial intolerance causes cancer.

So this.

>actually listening to molineux
>presenting him as a reputable source

> cater research outcomes to the people who are funding them.
Source? All of them invent outcomes?

> listen to a scientist caller who actually works in the field.
>a anonymous caller to molyneux show
>I will listen a 54 min video

I always tought brits were better then americans. But it turns out you guys are worse

Because that way poor countries industries are all syphoned to the centre. It's the centre that benefits more. This capital transfers are only a small part of what they win with economic union

Keep deflecting, you will not convince the British it is a good thing to pay extortionate amounts of money to fund fucking climate change science that drives up our energy costs and retarded social science studies that are a cancer to our culture.

You know the truth you disingenuous Portuguese twat, you are just butt hurt we are not in the Union anymore to help prop up your poop country. We don't need you, even if you need us.

>All of them invent outcomes?

I never said all of them you disingenuous low IQ peasant, but a large amount of them of course. Why do you think the EU is funding science? They are trying to forward an obvious progressive globalist political agenda.

Name one fucking study the EU has funded that makes our total contribution worth it.

>industries are all syphoned to the centre
Could you explain this in more detail?

>more like you can only be anything if you get the gibsmedat from Brussels at the expense of the more affluent European countries.

Who do you think as more to loose with the end of EU? We? Greece? Poland? No, m8, it's Germany, France, UK...

You guys stoled all our financial industries, all our qualified workers, our banking system, made deals and regulations that always benefited France, ger, UK (mostly UK).

>We are fine on our own Jepota.

You are still in EU. And there is no way that you guys are gonna leave. It would be catastrophic for you guys. Who is going to initiate article 50?

IS Lithuania in the EU as a full rights member? For how long?

Indefinitely I'd assume,
I guess we are full members, whatever that implies...

>free market
>have to pay duty on European imports

>muh tax cuts

This pretty much sums it up OP

>time to go back to making tank guns and jet engines.

That's engineering, not science, pommie dumbfuck

>stoled
U&B

also what you are showing is only the MONEY counterpart, they also recieve many helmps in other forms than money

Did we fuck. I've never ever ever EVER seen a penny of aid from the EU. It all went to 'dem programmes'. NEETs were quids in though.

You need science to develop better technology to engineer. Do try to think in the long term. This is where science hits ground.

Otherwise known as science that is actually beneficial, not EU funded crap like climate science that just fucks us over.

To be hoenst, i'll tell you guys the reason poland can do this:

Poland was instrumental in the fall of the USSR and the Berlin wall.

The EU doesn't want them to run to Russia

Germany can't look raciss

That implies that all your main industries are under assault from your richer neighboors more competitive products. It also implies that your banks are being bought by the your neighboors ones. It implies your workforce is being sent for Germany, UK... for free. The Germans, French, UK have much more to loose from the end of EU then us.

>pay
>for free trade

Explain how is this free?

>The Germans, French, UK have much more to loose from the end of EU then us.

Then leave, we should all leave.

>implying No10 will spend the money on science given the choice

you're reading it backwards you fucking retard. Do you think Greece and Spain contribute more to the EU than the EU contributes to them?? Total EU contribution is the total amount the countries CONTRIBUTE to the EU, and total EU spending is the total amount that the EU spends on them. Jesus christ fucking bong education I swear to god.

But doesn't that benefit people of those said poor countries?
The way I see it everybody wins.
Also isn't the EU funding more like a loan we eventually have to pay back rather than free grants to whatever subject in need of funding?

Our politicians are in their pockets. Also if UK has terrible leverage to make deals with EU, then imagine Portugal

Also i said those who have more to loose FROM THE END of EU. Not from exits of the EU.

But i am talking to a braindead uneducated chav.

Name one study the EU has funded that makes our total contribution worth it.

"Science" aka political nonsense like trying to pin global warming on human activity, and how racial intolerance causes cancer.

Good fucking riddance.

>The government funds politically motivated science that actually holds us behind. For example green taxes force our energy costs higher, putting us at a distinct disadvantage to countries like China. Not to mention all the shit they fund to do with social sciences. Progressive funded 'science' is cancer.
>Also, if you are interested in the topic of corrupt scientists who just shake their booty for funding, listen to this scientist working the field. Where your funding comes from matters.
>youtube.com/watch?v=XrGRP2mu0GA

>But doesn't that benefit people of those said poor countries?
Yeah, mass unemployment totally benefits our countries. Also the exodus of or young people completely benefits us. Totally

>Also isn't the EU funding more like a loan

Depends. Some of that funding is research grants, bussiness grants...

>The way I see it everybody wins.

Kind off. But the centre countries benefit way more

>But i am talking to a braindead uneducated chav.

I make more money in a month than you probably earn in a year lol

Stay salty.

I, personally, find free movement policy beneficial, if anything, those countries I come to took their jerbs should be mad for that. If I stay here, work for pennies, wouldn't this just increase the supply for cheap labor locally? Also think about all the money I bring back from abroad to spend for local businesses to profit.

Have fun with your meme degree, debt and low wages.. No wonder the youth unemployment is so high in Portugal.

>You guys stoled all our financial industries, all our qualified workers, our banking system, made deals and regulations that always benefited France, ger, UK (mostly UK).
Thats why we should break up. Independent countries act more sensible and disciplined than countries that just try to fuck each other over for gibs. The current state of things hurts everyone, German currency is undervalued

>Also if UK has terrible leverage to make deals with EU
They don't have terrible leverage, on the contrary. Germany for example exports 91 billion to the UK, the other way round its 41 billion.

Investment banking and trading can still happen in London, its an entirely digitalized business, you eventually need a proxy company in Frankfurt and you can keep the know how in London.

On top of that, London is now a possible tax haven for depositing money out of reach for the EU.

Yes, it's also beneficial for us. But the fact are that our most educated are leaving the country, most of them forever.

Tell me how is unemployment in your country

>those countries I come to took their jerbs should be mad for that.

They have those jerbs because our industries couldn't compete with them.

>If I stay here, work for pennies

Then again, EU is highly beneficial to well educated people. Everyone aggres with it

> Also think about all the money I bring back from abroad to spend for local businesses to profit.

In the end it's just pennies of what they could be doing if they stayed in their country working and improving the country

Why do leftists always do this shit?
Insult people by implying they are poor and working class?
No wonder the left is filled with bourgeoisie liberals living in gated communities.

Let this cunt (with fresh no need to sign up comments at the bottom ) know what you think about Brexit

eleanorstclair.wordpress.com/2016/06/26/if-you-think-angers-over-think-again

last blogpost got 400+ remainers on it. this is fresh post, get to the top and reach for dem dubs

>Have fun with your meme degree
CS

>debt

> low wages

Can't really argue with this

>Thats why we should break up.

It's a way. But i think it shoudn't be. I support the union. But reforms need to happen quickly. Capital transactions need to be larger. EU parlament must be elected. EU should have greater control over state budget. Borders should be protected.

>Investment banking and trading can still happen in London

But EU will do everything to move it out of UK, possibblyto Frankfurt or Dublin(a english speaking capital)

>London is now a possible tax haven for depositing money out of reach for the EU.

We have switzerland for that bro

It's just banter bro. I am a poor and working class guy (well, at least a son off).

COMMENT
eleanorstclair.wordpress.com/2016/06/26/if-you-think-angers-over-think-again/comment-page-1/#comment-503
COMMENT

"booty blasted

just to let you know, Reddit flooded the petition with fake votes so the whole thing will be called into question, not so it looks like more support.

u mad?"

trolo

>Insult people by implying they are poor and working class?

And I am fairly high class and earn decent money, especially for a 22 year old (few notable earnings from the last couple of months). I would like to hear what education/career this Portuguese peasant has.

>Capital transactions need to be larger.
For what? More free money will not create a self-containing and working economy in the south, that never worked.

>EU should have greater control over state budget.
Northerners won't accept that, cause they will get their money taken away by southern votes.

>But EU will do everything to move it out of UK, possibblyto Frankfurt or Dublin(a english speaking capital)
The EU won't have any say any more, London has the know how, the investment bankers would have to move to Frankfurt.

>You get free money from the EU and you get to ship all of your retards to other countries to work for minimum wage (which is like 10x what they'd earn in Poland) and then they send it all back to Poland anyway.

Holy shit, Poland is Mexico

>loose
>you're all uneducated
>tripfag outside of generals

directly into the trash. you should to post on reddit dot com if you want a username and upboats you fucking faggot