Unless Greece somehow fail to beat Gibraltar tomorrow, these will be the 8 teams in the play-offs...

Unless Greece somehow fail to beat Gibraltar tomorrow, these will be the 8 teams in the play-offs. Who will face whom and who will qualify?

Other urls found in this thread:

fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/men/uefa.html
theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/sep/04/romania-team-no7-world-euro-2016
thesetpieces.com/world-football/beating-system-wales-planned-seeding-success-calculator/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Football_Elo_Ratings
telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/09/04/fifa-review-rankings-system-friendlies-harm-englands-world-cup/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm not Nostradamus, I can't predict a draw

not Greece is all I'm asking for

>Greece Rematches Moortugal for a Euro 2004 flashback
>Ireland vs Northern Ireland because memes
>Italy vs Sweden
>Croatia vs Denmark

Portugal will probably beat Switzerland at home.

N.Ireland vs Ireland
Croatia vs Sweden
Italy vs Greece
Switzerland vs Denmark

If France beats Belarus, does that not mean that Denmak will go "seeded"?

greece northern ireland
portugal sweden
croatia denmark
italy ireland

screen cap this

wrong pic, denmark up NI down

>northern ireland vs ireland

Is this what kicks off the Troubles 2.0?

We re the luckiest country on planet.
We ll get the weakest opponent but Northern Ireland wont be there. Denmark will.
Denmark drew Romania (top 30 in the rankings) and won over Montenegro.
Northern Ireland lost both of their games in the last play offs window. They ll probably be unseeded.
It's a Sweden/Denmark who gets the 4th seeded spot.

Anyways as I was saying we ll get the easiest opponent as always.

Sweden vs Demmark please

Danskjävlar need a good ol' swedish dick every now and then :^)

We re comming bruh.

greece should be nuked and if you disagree im gonna visit your home and after I titfuck you i will severe your hand and use it to fist you then disembowel you using my meat grinder after i rape your corpse you subhuman negro gayreek then I will take a shit on it and serve it to poor moldavian children so they take a bite you fucking son of a whore

Can someone explain to me why italy and portugal didnt automatically qualify

because they finished second in their group. only the first qualify automatically

Woah woah woah! bringing up Swedish Dick might get you labeled as a "white nationalist bigot" and "islamophobe" and will get you executed! Kind of ironic there Sven?

they finished below spain and switzerland (pending), in their respective groups

Because Italy had Spain in their group and Poortugal might still do (they have to beat Switzerland tomorrow at home)

Portugal will qualify if they win tomorrow.

Please, you fucks are so ez

fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/men/uefa.html
I was using this for determining the seeded teams, the top four were seeded and the others weren't. Am I missing something obvious here?

because unlike what Conmenbol and Concacaf retards believe The ranking of the teams can create such Groups where Switzerland and Portugal are in the same Gruop as well as Netherlands-France, as well as Italy and Spain.
But everyone s crying about Argentina missing the WC yet noone understands that Italy or Portugal might miss it as well (play offs are a tough procedure when not a few times have the outsiders qualified).

tsu will beat the swiss and he'll go directly

Sweden vs Denmark
Italy vs Croatia

Fix, leaf.

What if Robben scores 6 and Van Persie scores 2?

Portugal can still qualify automatically if they beat Switzerland tomorrow.

Yep. The most obvious thing is that the seeds will be determined by the October rankings (October 16 btw). Draw is October 17 for that specific reason.

>Sweden refuse to take the field against the Netherlands
>Netherlands awarded 3-0 win
>Sweden still qualifies
would this be allowed?

Denmark is likely to be seeded on the updated rankings, altough depending on other outcomes.

This, UEFA is fucking retarded

Won't Portugal qualify if they win tomorrow?

I don't understand this shit, is Croatia seeded 100%?

Are you sure northern Ireland are seeded?

yep
just do the calculations on the fifa site

They'd probably deduct points for that

Yes, disregard OP

I really do not understand how
>Romania
who finished last with 0 points in Euros + didnt qualify for the WC 2014 or Euro 2012 was pot 1
meanwhile
>Italy,Croatia pot 2 both made it to the Euro 2012 , both to the WC 2014 both to the Euro 2016 after the Groupstage.

We will lose on purpose to play Ireland in playoffs again

yes

>The absolute Basedness of the Unseeded Camp

danke alpenjude

They still won't shut the fuck up about the first time

Italy v Ireland, Italy will be gay against and let us win. Becasue cucks

>I really do not understand how
it's a secret, valantis

We want to beat Netherlands. For one they are bad losers. Second we want FIFA points so we get an easy group at the next qualifiers. Third because there's a small chance Belarus meme France in Paris in which case we'll get qualified.

I don't think n ireland is seeded. They are below 4th I believe.

Would Switzerland rank the same?

Kek

How the fuck did we become unseeded

Will norn iron really be in the seeded pot?

ask why are are you behind denmark first and foremost

nigga you think yuro qualifying is easy? We don't all get to play Panama and Honduras for automatic qualifying

I really want Croatia to qualify.
I want it so much I am in this thread talking about it instead of studying

Yes, Switzerland would be seeded.

Yes but they are nowhere near as good as Tsu so better hope they get raped in Lisbon.

UEFA magic
How the fuck did we even be in a position to be seeded

They learned how to benefit from the system, choosing friendlies wisely.

friendlies do jack shit

HOW THE FUCK AND WHY DID WE LOSE TO BULGARIA
FUCK THIS SHIT I CANT TAKE TO MISS ANOTHER WORLD CUP

Because we lost to Bulgaria

yeah I know there's no way Sweden would do that considering the position they're in but I'm still curious about the situation in the abstract. If you tinker with things you could build a situation where it makes sense:

>team has no chance at winning the group
>no chance at being the 8th worst runner-up
>only has a 7 goal advantage in GD, so a 4 goal loss eliminates them while a 3 goal loss does not
>team is currently thin due to injuries
>match is away for them
>team and/or manager has no problem being called cowards for the rest of their lives

Wrong. Wales have done the same thing

theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/sep/04/romania-team-no7-world-euro-2016

0,5 x 0 is enough

That's not entirely accurate. That image is using last month's rankings for the seeds. The play-offs will be decided using the rankings for this month so things will be slightly different.

If Portugal beat Switzerland, Portugal will qualify directly while Switzerland will be in the play-offs.

Sweden can still top their group if France don't beat Belarus. Also Netherlands could make the play-offs instead of Sweden if they beat them by a ridiculous amount of goals.

And Slovakia will make the play-offs if Greece don't win against Gibraltar and Bosnia beat Estonia (since Bosnia will become the worst runner-up).

Although the chances of the last two happening are incredibly slim.

thesetpieces.com/world-football/beating-system-wales-planned-seeding-success-calculator/

remember that time we ended 1st in our qualifying group ahead of portugal, but then portugal got more meme ranking points by winning their play-off which caused them to be seeded ahead of denmark?
UEFA was a good friend.

If we draw Portugal I will literally kill myself. I don't want another Tsulocaust in Stockholm.

Whoa

>panic

And then we ended up in the same group with them again

>portugal got more meme ranking points by winning their play-off
impossible, play-off matches don't count towards group stage seeding

Give us fucking Northern Ireland or riot

Whom do we want bros? Denmark or Croatians?

This answersvso many questions. But how long will such an easily corrupted system survive? It's not fair play.

"The method of calculation is based on a reasonable principle. For every match a team plays points are accrued owing to the strength of the opposition, with multipliers applied to account for the match result (x3 for a win, x0 for a loss) and the competition (x4 for a World Cup, x1 for a friendly)."

It was LITERALLY what happened. Portugal leap frogged Denmark in the FIFA rankings because of the play-off victory.

they'd beat you

>all these concerned swedes

chillout brehs, I thought everyone knew we are perennial chockers by now

Mate, NIR lost to fucking Norway
We beat fucking France

Denmark or Switzerland (I believe Tsu will beat the Swiss). Italy and Croatia really are too good for play-offs.

youre saying that like its an achievement

Why are all this retards claiming Portugal can miss the euro if we still have one game where we're gonna raped that portuguese colony?

also hope greece qualifies despite fucking us over in 2004

A better solution could be the theme of a Math thesis. Make math great ag...for once

>not Northern Ireland

(You)

The only reason you beat France was because Lloris is a fucking idiot. Stop pretending you're a footballing powerhouse.

stop pretending like NIR aren't push overs

We've beaten Italy before, we can do it again.

READY TO GET RAPED , FAGGOTS?

If that's regarding the world cup 2010 qualifiers, it makes no difference whatsoever, because only pot 1 was decided by ranking and we drew Brazil, who happened to be no.1 at the time.

If you're referring to euro 2012, FIFA rankings are irrelevant. We both got Netherlands and Germany who were top 3 at the time.

screencapped for when jonny evans maintains two clean sheets against you scandinavian farmers

N.Ir. are going pot2

Why aren't the ELO rankings used instead of the FIFA meme rankings?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Football_Elo_Ratings

Come at me bruhh

Actually Sweden had its first win in Paris stolen by an obvious offside goal. There's no question we deserved 3 points from our matches with France.

They're going to review the rankings after WC2018.

Source?

telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/09/04/fifa-review-rankings-system-friendlies-harm-englands-world-cup/

We d rather have Denmark who s a one player wonder from an easy Group didnt really face any decent defense so far so it might seem too annoying.
Also Croatia is probably comming from shambles from being top spotuntil this window to barely qualify in 2nd half. I believe we'd love to have them.

fml

lel
>captcha: dental boulevard

>tfw could have made a similar image with Scotland but Wales fucked it up