Official Motor/sp/ort General Thread

It's Monday edition....
>Bathurst 1000 wins best race of the weekend
>MTJ on the way to historic choke as he continues to dominate in Charlotte
>Mercedes to officially stop sandbagging to win another manufacturers title
>Women in racing - Simona DeSilvestro crashes out of Bathurst. Danica Patrick and Angela Ruch both crash out of Charlotte. Katherine Legge team DNF at PLM.

3 day highlights this week:
Cup and trucks running Talladega. Xfinity is off.
F1 is off.
MotoGP at Japan
PWC at Laguna Seca

More extensive list here: motorsport.com/all/schedule

ALL times are U.S. EST when available.
FRIDAY, OCT. 13
CWTS - 1200 practice 1
Cup - 1300 practice 1
CWTS - 1400 practice 2
Cup - 1500 practice 2

SATURDAY, OCT. 14
CWTS -1030 Qualifying, FS1
CWTS - 1300 Fred’s 250 (94 laps, 250.04 miles), FOX
Cup - 1615 Qualifying, NBCSN

SUNDAY, OCT. 15
Cup - 1400 Alabama 500 (188 laps, 500.08 miles), NBC
MotoGP - Japan GP
PWC - 0930 California 8 hour at Laguna Seca

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i2mTE8fQz8g
youtube.com/watch?v=D1JY_UjEkl0
sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/macneil-weathertech-confirmed-at-scuderia-corsa-for-2018/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>Women in racing - Simona DeSilvestro crashes out of Bathurst. Danica Patrick and Angela Ruch both crash out of Charlotte. Katherine Legge team DNF at PLM.

Christina Nielsen 2 time GTD champion

>F1

I thought the faggots were at CotA this week

Next weekend, dude.

>woman can't win a "championship" unless she gets help from a male driver
Sounds about right.

best moment of the weekend

>To honor my friend (Dale Earnhardt Jr.) and everything he’s done for me, we’re going to be racing with the scheme below this weekend, an homage to my days driving the NAVY 88

I have to admit those Bathurst threads were comfy. I'm definitely a bit more okka now. I like them Aussies, they gotta funny waya talkin.

>I like them Aussies
Pic related

Sup Forums aussies are complete little cunts, and Sup Forums aussies are the worst of all. Those niggers are pretty much all riding the F1 cock, and they NEVER make supercar race threads. I doubt if even 10% of them even have a drivers license.

I meant the okka m8s in the Bathurst threads. They were a different sort. Not the pretentious sanctimonious types that trickle over here from F!

Based kes

I think Brad has come to understanding of how good PR works.

holy fuck kys

I made it just to piss you faggots off.

Sonoma almost went toast brehs

Too bad L.A. isn't on fire...

tfw no arca

would have been good desu. That track is no good for modern racing.

Very few tracks in Nascar are.

>Talladega
>MotoGP
>Not working Monday next week

Bueno

it took him a few years (and punches)

At least the dude learned.

Krut is the same way, but probably too late.

>F! in the OP

Realtime nuNSX retro scheme for laguna

Silly season update: TJ Majors and Brett Griffin mentioning on their podcast Danicles about to sign with a full time team running a car ending with "7". So either RCR, LFR or FRR. Imagine she gets the 77? (And it's possible because Barney Visser said that they had funding for most of a season for the 77 but they needed someone to bring extra sponsors on board)

>somebody took the time to make this

Is he... dare I say... obsessed?

>goes to the second best car
>which is also a joe gibs toyota
>drivers usually perform better for a bit after changing teams

DANICA PATRICK WILL WIN AT LEAST 1 (ONE) MONSTER ENERGY CUP RACE IN 2018

Apparently One of the manufacturer’s is testing the Indycar 2018 Aero at Road America today.
I believe it’s just Chevrolet since none of the Honda teams have posted anything.

Pics to follow.
Hopefully we’ll have do trap speeds and video sometime today.

Word is that Brandon Jones is going to Gibbs in Xfinity

Not a single manufacturer test.
Schmidt Peterson Honda is there as well.

That's mid-ohio

You’re right.
I just looked at their tweet again.
Suggests to me that it is only Chevrolet there and the two teams they brought with them are ECR and Penske.
Simon Pagenaud and Spencer Pigot are testing.

Wait, I’ve finally determined what is going on after reading the testing rules again.
Honda is testing at Mid Ohio, likely with Ganassi as well as SPM.
Chevrolet at Road America with ECR and Penske.

RLL Chassis undergoing surgery for 2018 spec.

what changes for the tub?

>officially out of FRM

>danica to the 77
actually it doesn't sounds crazy at all, toyota has the shekels to maitain danica for publicity, like it or not, danica is the most recognizable face outside the sport
F

is this the end for our guy? will he be able to take Love's to someone else?

Floor changes a little, wiring is routed differently, I believe there are side impacts changes that account for the new radiator placement.
The roll hoop changes as well.

well, the 10 doesn't have driver yet

Call me crazy but I think she got picked up by Subway on the back of them leaving JGR because they still wanted to be in the sport. Plus Carl is a fitness freak and had the image Subway wanted so Danica would carry that same angle while Suarez is just a skinny Mexican. Lemonis made good on his promise to sponsor Suarez this weekend as well as he'll be carrying Canping World, though.
Love's are a FRM sponsor so he's probably not carrying on with them (Though apparently they were super high on him and he got the "Where is Landon?" stuff ) but he is sponsored by CSX and some other companies. He'll likely land somewhere. Just "Where" will it be.
Unless there's a last minute switcharoo, that's guaranteed to be Amirola.

I don't think Landon has any sponsors himself anymore. CSX is just another FRM spnsor.

I think Visser has already said the #77 is shutting down.

JFC, Gibbs.

Ryan Preece won a race in a Gibbs car and companies want to put their money behind Brandon fucking Jones.

>companies want to put their money behind Jones
Uh, buddy, I don't think it's a coincidence.

yeah brandon jones is rich kid

>Danicles about to sign with a full time team
The cancer just won't die.

youtube.com/watch?v=i2mTE8fQz8g

Spencer Pigot onboard lap of Road America.
I think this is the first onboard cam of the 2018 bodywork.

>That track is no good for modern racing.

Elaborate.

I wish they'd implement visor cams for every car and you could pay to stream that shit for the race:
Rahal at Phoenix doing like 20 second turns.
youtube.com/watch?v=D1JY_UjEkl0

The sense of speed is incredible.

What's with the exposed zylon (orange-brown colour) behind the roll hoop and on top of the chassis?

for what purpose

>Christina Nielsen 2 time GTD champion
Balzan carried that car almost entirely on his own. All she had to do was try not to crash it. Also this is happening

sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/macneil-weathertech-confirmed-at-scuderia-corsa-for-2018/
>MacNeil, WeatherTech Confirmed at Scuderia Corsa for 2018

A pro driver carrying the am? Shocking.

Considering there are a lot of "good driver+shit driver" pairings in IMSA, she must be doing something right if she's been a contender for 3 straight years now.

If by "doing something right" you mean "found the right man to leech off of", then yes, I agree.

But all chick do that....

But she had multiple co drivers in 2015, she could've won the GTD title alone

She's easily one of the best ams in GTD and by far better than guys like Keating, MacNeil, Habul and Bennett.

But she didn't, did she? No, she didn't.
>one of the best ams in GTD
Sure she is, pal.

Isn't there some chick that doesn't like you that you two white knights should be beta-orbiting around instead of shitposting here on Sup Forums?

>Isn't there some chick that doesn't like you that you two white knights should be beta-orbiting around instead of shitposting here on Sup Forums?

You are right. CSX was on Moffit's car in 2015. MDS was the company who came in with Cassil in 2016 along with some local franchise resteraunts like A&W (The white scheme he runs). Looking it up, he has solid backing. It's just who would take him at this late phase and he's said some of the moves he's been looking at and has been offered are "Upwards".

Apparently Ragan may be out as well. The big change is FRM is going Toyota as another Gibbs affiliate. McDowell and Kenseth in the rides.

Visser said so far the #77 is just on ice for 2018 because the money 5 hour brings wouldn't cover a full season (And Jones ran a few of his Gibbs sponsors on the car like Gamestop), but if the right deal came around they could run 2018. Visser's hoping to run a full time second car in 2019 though.

Latest is the 27. Might be announced this week.

You're a fucking idiot man.
Bob Jenkins owns MDS and franchises for Taco Bell, Long John Silvers and A&W, which have been on his cars pretty much the entire time he's owned this team. They have nothing to do with Landon.

>going Toyota as another Gibbs affiliate

Also CSX joined FRM in 2013 with Ragan

>Latest is the 27.
Surely Dillon and Newman will be pleased.

possibly tape for more sensors or something. could be pressure or temperature probes idk

god really does hate fags

yfw JGR sets up a wall at the front of the field at Talladega and it lasts all race

>27
I bet Ty will get that seat

He already resigned with Germain

When will a madman just say fuck it and go backwards like I did as a kid?

It's okay Jr will be running unrestricted

They should have done that the first 3 plate races so he'd make the chase

thank you jesus

Damn it, i forgot it

Ty Dillon really hasn't done that bad for his first year:

-17 lead lap finishes despite the shitty car, which is 1 more than Dale jr. and 5 more than Danica Patrick, both of which are running top tier shit.
-27 running at finish races, which is among the highest in the series and in-line with the best drivers running the best kit.

He's finished more races, and more races on the lead lap, than his brother Austin who's running better kit.

He might actually be competitive in decent kit.

>27 running at finish races, which is among the highest in the series
More than half the grid has 26 or more.
>in-line with the best drivers running the best kit
Yet the three cars behind Ty in points lead this statistic.

He's not good and he's not bad, but he has outperformed Mears.

>He's not good and he's not bad
He's a rookie running shitty equipment. You put him in the Jones or Suarez ride and he'd be competitive.

Sorry, but he's never shown that kind of speed. Your feelings won't make him a better driver.

English isn't your first language, is it?

This is what I wrote:
>really hasn't done that bad for his first year:
>might actually be competitive in decent kit.

You can't even tell the difference between somebody citing superior performance, which I'm NOT, vs. somebody citing performance that doesn't suck, which I am.

Whatever, dude. We're done.

We get it, you're a Ty Dillon fan and you're all butthurt about Austin getting preferential treatment because Ty is the more talented of the two and could be the next great superstar in NASCAR if given the chance yadda yadda yadda

Whatever, dude. We're done.

Brad is a cunt but I like him more than I did in 14,15 now.

>Rich Child Racing

Ty was always regarded as the one with the most potential. He kills it on dirt.