/nba/ general - LeFall season edition

NO:Rajon Rondo dealing with a sports hernia
OKC:Raymond Felton exits game with sprained wrist
OKC:Barely win by 1 against Melbourne United with big 3 playing 92 combined minutes
CLE:Wade confirmed to be starting SG
CHI:Grant, Holiday, Zipser, Mirotic, Lopez start
CHI:Lauri Markkanen (back) will play on Sunday
LAK:Lonzo Ball (ankle) done for the preseason?
WAS:Sheldon Mac exits game with left leg injury
HOU:Ryan Anderson (hip) practices in full Sunday
POR:Caleb Swanigan starting Sunday vs. Clippers
DEN:Wilson Chandler (hip) will play Sunday vs. SA
DEN:Nikola Jokic (elbow) will play Sunday vs. SA
DET:Avery Bradley (ankle) questionable Monday
DET:Andre Drummond (pink eye) doubtful for Monday

lebron is my friend

>pink eye
Lmao is this a metaphor of Detroit being ass?

>giving a 5 year extension to an unproven and possibly injury prone player
Philly is a disgrace

I just want LeBron to dunk on that shittalking faggot joel. Dude had a flash of mediocrity and now he thinks he's the shit. He got exposed by Porzingis and KAT.

This desu, LeBron is about to eat this season. Just disappointed that silver wants to change the playoff format.

They basically gave him Mike Conley's contract if anyone needs a reference point.

Jesus

Doesn't matter, at least it will prove that LeBron can beat playoff teams in the West, and end muh western conference argument.
Kek, that's an insult to Conley and he's not even that good. NBA contracts are inflated af this year. Good time to be an average player and get paid.

Thought he'd get a Steph Curry rookie extension type deal, if that. East coast teams have the worst front offices.

The western conference argument is overrated. Besides, it's apple to oranges because LeBron would have to travel from the east in this new playoff format. The NBA really wants to sabotage his legacy and continue to appease to the shiny new Warriors. It's sad how fast they can turn on their household stars.

The NBA is a volatile industry but I don't think they're turning on him just yet. He's at the cusp of the twilight of his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a few more MVPs to compensate the recency bias from the past few years. He definitely deserved those MVPs.

Lebron fans have such a persecution complex.

Joel basically loudmouthed his way into that contract. The FO probably didn't want to deal with the headache of Embiid thinking that the own organization doesn't "trust the process".

There's just no way anyone could be that incompetent, he's hardly been healthy and a 30 game sample size means fuck all in the NBA.

Joel's twitter game is stronger than his actual game at this point. He forced himself as the face of the rebuild, and if they didn't pay him it would basically seem like they're not putting in effort in the rebuild. The front office got fleeced.

>Embiid literally cucked the 76ers

Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Imagine being a Philly fan. I'd kill myself.

Cowherd was right. Philly has the dumbest fans.
>TRUST THE PROCESS LMAO

>all the Philly cucks on social media saying he's talented so it's worth it
lol he's a RFA, this deal is Knicks tier, I can't wait until this bust gets injured

He’s played 13% of all the games he could play in the NBA and is getting paid almost 30 mil a year.

It's funnier that they're comparing this to Curry's contract. Yeah he was injury prone but at least he played more games than Embiid, not to mention that he only had ankle problems not fucking knee problems.

>Embiid threatened to retire despite already being semi-retired
>"no p-pls Embiid, take this 159 million deal, you can have my wife too"

Literal cucks.

Curry's deal was 11 million, that wasn't so bad. This bum got Conley's deal

Embiid should keep other players' names out of his mouth until he can play 4th quarters lmao. I forgot they got rid of back to backs baka.

>have more tweets than rebounds and points
>still get a max
Lol did they not want to build a team around their "Big 3"?

Hinkie didn't die for this, Embiid literally ruined his entire Process and stole his nickname.

It has a provision that if he is injured it has a reduced affect on salary cap. We don't know the specifics but they naturally covered themselves.

They'd still have to pay him his entire guaranteed deal though.

>trade Noel for peanuts
>resign Embiid to a max deal
>give up 3rd overall and a top 5 pick for a bust who isn't even as good as a player taken at 5th
>draft 40 big men and a SF who can't shoot and make him your point guard

They're almost Nets tier.

>Sixers giving all that money to someone who played a third of the games

They'll trade Okafor for peanuts next and he'll average 20/10 on the new team

Worst organization in the NBA? Not even Dr J, Moses Malone and Iverson could save this front office

mediocrity? homie was putting up stats before his meniscus tear

So was Greg Oden lmfao

>giving the max to Greg Oden's son

LMAO

There's so many protections on this super max deal that it's hard to hate on it. At worst, if he's completely broken it will be about as bad as the Mozgov deal but that's still a gamble worth taking for a potential top 5 player.

>Can't play 5 on 5s 3 years into his NBA career
>Gets a max
Holy shit

If he never plays again it will still be $75 million

I don't think you understand, despite the cap protections, they are still guaranteed to pay him the full deal, even if it isn't part of the cap. That means that the organization is going to sink a lot of money on him. And in 2 years when they have to go into the tax to resign their other players they'll be fucked hard financially.

fuck the warriors and fuck kd lmao

LMFAO
LMAO
ROFL
ROFLMAO
ROFLMFAO
R[]FL
L[]L
L O L
O
L
LMAO
HAHAHAHAHAHA
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF THE PHILADELPHIA 76ERS LMFAO!!!!!!!
LITERALLY KILL YOURSELF IF YOUR A 76ERS FAN LMFAO
THE STATE OF YOUR SHIT FRANCHISE
>GIVING 146M TO AN ACTUAL AFRICAN NIGGER THATS NEVER PLAYED IN A FULL GAME
LMFAO

>Report: Marcus Smart wants to stay in Boston but has not heard from the team on an extension

Lol my Celties doing the smart thing unlike the 70shitters.

They called Lebron a shotblocker and he laughed. I wonder how he must truly feel about TTop then lol...

Whatever they payed Bill Walton back in the day was worth it

The biggest winners this off season have been the orthopedic surgeons, and rehab centers in Cleveland and Philadelphia.

Marcus Smart is one the most easily replaceable players in the league through the draft. Honestly, with how bad contracts are right now I'd rather invest in a rookie like Kyle Kuzma or French Draymond Green than give out big cash to fringe starter at best in Marcus Smart.

Bill Walton was a Finals MVP, NBA Champ, and regular season MVP before he started dying. Wtf has Embiid done?

Predict Godries statline for the season

Played 31 games

He's made thousands of tweets and half of them were double doubles.

>Sixers fans trying to convince themselves their front office HAD to do it before he could test the market
>muh goodwill

Can someone explain why the 6ers didn't just let him test FA and match whatever deal he gets?

Is Kyle Kuzma better than Ben Simmons?

The point is if embiid even has one semi-healthy season and takes his team to a ship its worth it. Walton did all that in one season and was basically broken goods after that.

Im sure some franchise would have hit the guy with a max that wouldn't have all the presumed restrictions that the 76ers contract did.

He would have been a RFA regardless. They didn't have to do anything.

Honestly, they are screwed either way. Fultz just reeks of bust potential with his behavioral red flags, the fact that he changed his shot and he didn't do jack shit in college other than statpad.

Sometimes, you get lucky land 3 all-stars like the Warriors and Thunder did and sometimes you only land one. Sixers should be happy they have one prospect in Simmons who could become a Giannis type player. The rest are busts or injured. You rarely get as lucky as the Warriors and Thunder did, which is why there is no parity in the league.

>The point is if embiid even has one semi-healthy season and takes his team to a ship its worth it.

Lol bruh, 76ers can't even make playoffs and you're talking about him getting them to the Finals and staying healthy. lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

This lets them get him for 5 years. If he tried FA they could only have him for 4 years.

Bill Walton won a championship and Finals MVP when his team's best players got injured before the Celtics picked him up to be a BACK UP.

Embiid can't even play one healthy season, your retarded FO gave him a max over a sample size that wouldn't make most other teams bat an eyelash.

Because other teams can offer incentives like trade kickers that make the contract worse than an extension.

Will the Pistons make a bounce back from last season?

Yeah but they have a full year to evaluate if he can be healthy and play well. And if he can't possibly sign him for cheaper.

Why would you want him on the books for five years and he can't even play?

Simmons has a much higher ceiling than Kuzma because he is stronger, faster and can pass like LeBron, but if Simmons never learns how to hit 3 pointers then Kuzma could end up being the better player because Kuzma is a much better scorer and shooter than Simmons. Kuzma is also no joke as an athlete too.

waste of time and could backfire since certain team deliberately do stuff to fuck with other teams

FO got finessed because idiot writers kept hyping up his twitter. Now, those same writers are writing about how this is a huge mistake by the FO, even though them hyping him up because he was funny on twitter, is what led to this.

FO are idiots, but they pretty much had to sign him.

Solid 6th seed and losing to the Wizards in 6 desu

Philly fan here, what team do you recommend I switch to?

>and then they said "trust the process"

Switch to the Suns. I love the pairing of Booker/Jackson. That's a great offensive and defensive combo. Also, the Suns are smart enough to trade Bledsoe for assets and they're going to tank this year and get Michael Porter/Bagley who are both much better talent-wise than Simmons or Fultz.

One of these other teams would have shit out a max at him.
You're missing the point with Walton, the point is it just takes one successful season like that for whatever money Walton got paid to be worth it.
If Joel Embiid has one 60+ game season and they win a ship, whatever you payed the dude is worth it. Sure they're rolling the dice, but he has generational talent

If Reggie Jackson confidence wasn't forever crushed, sure.

Never trust a big. This is why I think the Knicks are taking a risk on Porzingis even though he has no major history of injury. If you miss a combined 2 and 2/3 seasons your first three years then you deserve something well below the max. I don't care if you won the MVP like Rose did. You are now damaged goods. Sometimes, the best asset you have is your durability.

By your logic you could apply that to any player that gets paid a lot of money "Lol, he won them a finals, he was worth the deal". Walton has credibility and accomplishments in the NBA, Embiid has none, that's the difference. The Trailblazers restructured Oden's deal to be smaller, 76ers paid Embiid the max. Sad!

Apologize right now.

I'm sorry Hinkie died for nothing.

I'm sorry your team is retarded as well as the fan base.

Has Embiid been playing in preseason? If he hasn't that's already a red flag lmfao.

Take a wild guess

I want to kill myself.

Yes, if any player won their team a finals, he was worth whatever that deal was.

I honestly don't even know what Embiids game is since he never plays

He's the 76ers mascot.

yo the 6ers stupid as fuck

>penciled in to start season opener
>just got new contract

y'all niggas scared

If he's so healthy why isn't he played preseason like every other player making max money.

Because as soon as he steps on the court he shatters every bone in his body

>implying

LeBron could sit out every other game and no one could tell him shit. The guy plays 100+ games a season for the past 8 years.

i think they just said hes injured so they wont have to play him preseason.

thats why you're seeing tons of "sprains" and bruises"

teams are overplaying minor injuries so stars can sit.

o shit sixer wtf you doin

How is moving the goalposts? LeBron is 32, and his body has played 100+ games every season. Embiid has played 31 games in 3 years and is only 24 or something. The fact you think the 2 of them are even remotely related shows me you're a retard.

>why isn't he playing in preseason like every other max player
>Lebron is not playing
>t-t-that doesn't count

They could have gave him the same contract at the All Star Break if he was still living.

LeBron has a reason not to play besides injury, unlike Embiid lmao. You're literally proving my point hahahahahahaha

wow, you really enjoyed that

damn nigga is it really that hard to admit to being wrong? No need for the mental acrobatics

>Embiid $148M extension

Has this dude even played half a season yet? He legit has a chronic knee disorder. This is easily the worst contract in the NBA right now.