20 years old

>20 years old
>member since 2016
>7000 ratings

how to spot a pseud

Attached: sonemic-512.png (512x512, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~AlRog
rateyourmusic.com/~JamesCairns
rateyourmusic.com/collection/JamesCairns/recent/1
youtube.com/watch?v=ieimw3a6Sow
rateyourmusic.com/~lad
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

probably singles

Imagine starting an individual thread to shittalk me without even using my name because you feel the need to vent despite not having the nads to reply in my thread. Get the fuck off my board. lol

Attached: 044114e39d224cb6882c08c0491407ef.jpg (1000x1000, 138K)

I literally don't understand how that shit happens. I don't feel comfortable rating something unless I've really let an album sink in. I'm constantly exploring new stuff, I've been a member since 2012, and I have fewer than 1,500 ratings.

Then I see all these 20 year olds who've been on for 2 years, and they have 8000+ ratings, half of which are 1 star. What the fuck? They're literally worthless parasites.

>your board
kys

Grimeth thuckth

You're just a symptom of a much wider circle of faux-intellectual scum, cunt

I actually knew a guy IRL with over 5000 ratings on his RYM account. He just skimmed and skipped through songs and tracks and then gave them 0.5. Stuff he gave 3.0 and above he usually listened until the very end. He hasn't bothered with RYM much ever since graduating college.

I've listened to thousand of albums but have only rated (not even) 500 of them yet, I've listened to each at least 6-7 times(there are many albums I've heard 15+ times), so that I know every nuance of the given album, these fuckers rate shit on the first listen and move on and never fucking listen to it again. I mean whats the point then, just fucking slap ratings depending on covers

This happens because they're all in a race with each other to be the arbiter of taste by having the most ratings.

They don't care about music, they care about status.

> He just skimmed and skipped through songs and tracks and then gave them 0.5
sounds like an alpha male who doesn't waste time

>8 replies
>7 posters
Hi, there.
>I literally don't understand how anyone could not share the same autistic prerequisites for whence to officially click stars on an internet reviewing website.
It's not that serious. Some people are also not neet enough to need to listen to every album over 5 times to formulate a fucking opinion on it and actually pay attention to what they're listening to the first time. Jesus Christ.

Attached: 738_079_img0500080298.jpg (738x492, 56K)

If it's something that I like (7 and above) or if it sounds interesting enough to me, i'd listen to it again
If it's something that bores me or something I just don't like, I listen to it only once and slap a rating that depends on how much the album pissed me off

@78834483
@78834719
>taking yourself this seriously
begging you to reach for the rope

>been RYM member for 6 years
>only have 2600 ratings

This is what peak autism looks like

rateyourmusic.com/~AlRog

>that profile bio
Top cringe

Dumbasses projecting their insecurity. Let people listen to music how ever they please, most don't wanna waste time listening to mediocrity again, let alone 7 times. Still, you can change the score whenever you want if you change your mind, it's not written in stone, that's the good thing about RYM.

Believe me, you'll miss many deep cuts that way

You listened to 23 albums/EPs yesterday

If I'm meant to believe that this is what you call "appreciation" then I'm fucking astounded.

stop forcing yourself to like things, thank me later

What do you mean?
There's only one album that I hated at first but boosted up a score after I relistened to it and I have like 800 ratings.

Just listen to the damn album

I'm 20 and have been on there for a little over A year and I've barely even crossed 1K ratings. I don't know how people listen to music that fast.

On A sidenote is it in bad taste to rate an album on first listen?

Nope, just change the rating when you give it more listens later

If these people are hell bent on avoiding mediocrity or music they don't like then how the fuck did they develop their taste in the first place.

Am I meant to believe that you just immediately loved all that experimental music you heard the very first time you heard it.

No - when you first heard that shit, like me, you didn't have a fucking clue what you were being subjected to, and over time, grew accustomed to it. I'm not denying your right to enjoy music, but I highly doubt that you're giving it the time and respect it deserves, and if this is the way you carry on then we can do away with the concept of a "grower" in music altogether.

>it's the "I'm too cool to actually reply to your posts so I'll opt out for using a fucking @ symbol as if that makes any difference" guy
Makes sense.
>I don't know what a fucking single is and I literally collect neetbucks.
Thanks for sharing.
These.

Attached: 20130924-131057-fjctb.jpg (833x500, 44K)

take this drama back to your general, faggots
not music related

Attached: 1406086719295.png (473x488, 234K)

Yes!

>!
Use your inside voice, user.

Somebody fucking makes sense, wtf?

>first listen
if you pay enough attention and you think you have taken all out of the album on one listen, then yeah why not. If you don't feel secure about it, giving it another shot isn't out of the question.

Yes who gives a fuck about someone's opinion who listened to something once telling me its a 3.5 or 3

RE:78834862
not giving you any (you)s here buddy, you don't deserve them

>I don't know what a fucking single is and I literally collect neetbucks.

You listened to singles as well

I counted the albums and the EPs you listened to yesterday. there are 23.

stop hiding the fact that you're a fucking fraud

t. embryo

You're literally fucking retarded

>rateyourmusic.com/~JamesCairns
keking at your existence

Autism.
rateyourmusic.com/collection/JamesCairns/recent/1 What?
Interesting.
This.
Not this.

you can have the most basic shit taste ever and have listened to an album 20 times and tell me it's the best shit ever. Not everyone can pay attention on one listen, it's true, but when forced, 2nd listens can feeƱ worse than the 1st one. Revisiting should be done preferably a day or two after you listen to an album once (if you feel like it).

Do you love me, Mr.Cuck?

I don't listen to everything seven times. But I do actually listen to it. The people blazing through everything clearly aren't. You're a moron

I love all my sperglings.

Attached: large.gif (500x300, 949K)

On the 20th of March 2018, you rated 20 albums and 3 EPs

even you can't deny that

Tripfag holocaust when?

I agree that people blazing albums like nothing are a bunch of morons, but listening to three or four LPs a day that are 40-minutes long at least isn't really that hard. I mean I knew a guy that listened to 12 albums a day, he clearly didn't hold nothing out of what he listened to due to ear fatigue and some sort of insecure behavior that induced him to trying to keep up with "the cool kids". Listening to things once is fine, but to each their own.

>I agree that people blazing albums like nothing are a bunch of morons
see: rateyourmusic.com/collection/JamesCairns/recent/1

Unless you're seeing shit differently on your screen, I have absolutely no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Attached: Capture302.png (684x614, 238K)

you'll have to ask James if he was holding onto them or if he in fact listened to like 20+ albums/singles in a day

what are those ratings my dude

Jesus fucking Christ, that kid's a retard

are you on lastfm james

From Ayesha Erotica (the first thing you rated on March 20th) to Nurse With Wound (Salt Marie Celeste) also on March 20th you rated 20 albums and 3 EPs.

That's what it says on your recents

>Let It Be is a 3
>Nicki Minaj is a 7
Explain this.

How to spot a pseud:

He uses RYM

Ratings of taste.
Nah.
I wish.
That's not what it says in the literal fucking screenshot in the post you're replying to so I don't know what to tell you, my dude.

how to spot an embryo

he uses a trip and browses Sup Forums on a daily basis

I expected A more in depth reason but ok.

I'll make my question more clear, why is Let It Be only a 3? Not judging, just asking.

I'm not a fan of the blues/piano rock side of things that Lennon tried to push. Harrison always showed his talent in their more experimental tracks and McCartney knew his way around a pop hook. That's when The Beatles worked. I loathe Hey Jude and a lot of Let It Be sounds like it.

Where are the 2 NWW albums you rated yesterday in your screenshot?
Enter Shikari?
Bright Eyes?
Alesana?
Captain Ahab?
Tommy Wright III?
S.O.B?
WWW?
The Conet Project?

there are more, but they were all yesterday.

They all say Mar 19 on my screen because that's when I listened to them. I honestly don't know what to tell you. Probably has something to do with timezones.

And I'm amazed that you actually care this much.

>I loathe Hey Jude
Well we agree on that much at least.

I hate to see a community I'm part of being misused

Your taste isn't bad or anything, just be a little more realistic with the amount of ratings you give out in a day, if you genuinely have all that time in the day to do that, then fine, but give things a second chance.

>implying I don't give things a second chance
I have a "to relisten to" tag for a reason. It's not unreasonable to listen to 10~ albums in a day either.

Lennon was the one behind most experimental tracks dude, you can say the same for Harrison on very few tracks. But Lennon was the avant-garde guy of the bunch.

Even if I had literally nothing else to be doing with my time, if I was listening to more than 10 albums a day there would be no way I'd be able to revisit barely any of the stuff I'd heard, and if I didn't like something I would just immediately cast it off without relistening.

Don't make this some kind of cognitive argument either, you don't have some special ability to completely absorb music on the first listen, that ain't true

Why do virgins feel the need to rate music and share it with the world?
Nobody cares about you and your shittaste lol

because I don't get laid enough fuck you

I think it can create a conversation and also it's useful as a backlog. Why the fuck are you on Sup Forums then? to shitpost? you could be doing better things, like learning to play an instrument

Eh. It's All Too Much, Tomorrow Never Knows, Within You Without You, that's all Harrison. I don't mean like Revolution 9 because that was definitely Lennon's track, but he was definitely behind their piano ballads and blues rockers.
>if I was listening to more than 10 albums a day there would be no way I'd be able to revisit barely any of the stuff I'd heard
Wow, it's almost like... I'm not listening to 10 new albums e v e r y day, but absolutely have the ability to if I desired to do so. God, you're overthinking this.
>Don't make this some kind of cognitive argument either, you don't have some special ability to completely absorb music on the first listen, that ain't true
Anything with a properly functioning brain can adequately summarize their thoughts on a short record in one listen. Stop projecting your mental deficiencies. lmao

>I'm a politics junkie and a Bill Maher-style Liberal/Progressive. While I side with the left on almost every social and economic issue, I've found that sometimes the people on my side can be just as irrational, judgmental, and close-minded as those on the right. And, like Maher, I will call them out on it. Political Correctness is stupid and wrong. It shuts down honest dialogue. And when you engage in that kind of (il)logic, you are being no different than the far-right puritans we fight against.
Kyle of Secular Talk, a fellow liberal, explains well in this video how foolish and counter-productive Political Correctness is

Attached: lol.png (263x395, 168K)

Peep his review of A Crow Looked At Me. It's gold.

>not liking let it be
youtube.com/watch?v=ieimw3a6Sow
(the white album is a lot more entertaining but still)
how could you not like across the universe man

What's the most albums you listen to in a day?
I usually get about 5 done in a good day.

in his latest review he literally copy-pastes the descriptors and his only original input is that the album is "mesmerizing"

Tomorrow Never Knows was by Lennon man what the fuck are you on about. Listen to Rain, Strawberry Fields Forever, I am the Walrus, Glass Onion and many other songs by him were artier than the other beatles.

I mean, it's the only Beatles album I don't like. I'm not going to shit on them. I still love you, Sal.
If I have a day off and honestly have nothing better to do, I'll line up a bunch of albums and pound through like 12, depending on how long they are. It's a pretty sad existence, but I'm only 20 so fuck it.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 94K)

Someone doxx this faggot

he isn't wrong

But you do though, and looking through your ratings you do this a fucking lot as well

You're not absorbing about 15 albums a day then relistening to more as you go along, the day just isn't long enough mate

You're racing to get as many albums listened to as you can, you don't care about nuance, you don't care about appreciation, you just wanna be a grand arbiter of taste because you've nothing else to do.

I tried to be nice, but you're a fucking hack pal.

rateyourmusic.com/~lad

Consensus on this user? 10,976 releases at 23 years old. You can't tell me he's paid adequate attention to half of them.

>but I'm only 20 so fuck it.
You're the same age as me? I'll be damned.

i love you too james
see u in the chart threads (still have to update mine but they're a huge pain in the ass to make)

crypto-muslim who won't stop ignoring me on facebook

>he rates singles

Attached: pepe.jpg (600x354, 55K)

This shit writes itself

Attached: Alrog.png (755x632, 37K)

meant to quote
>he doesn't rate singles that he enjoys on otherwise shitty or mediocre albums/compilations

>not having a separate account for rating singles

Attached: sal-is-goy.png (486x328, 318K)

>rating not only the single, but also the album and the compilations that said single is in

Attached: 151174689293.jpg (268x284, 14K)

I'll refer back to uh... amazed that you actually care this much. If I am "racing to get as many albums listened to as you can", who are you to say that I'm unable to appreciate what I'm listening to? What do you think I listen to on the way to work and at work? I'm busy rotating albums that I actually enjoy listening to like every other fucking person does. I also wouldn't be the only person who does what you're suggesting that I do. See . Like, honestly, who the fuck cares? You're going to have an aneurysm if you stress yourself over other people's listening habits this much.

Attached: giphy (1).gif (500x333, 151K)

>HAVING a separate account for rating singles
i tried this before and it's fucking stupid. my system is better.

again
>>he doesn't rate singles that he enjoys on otherwise shitty or mediocre albums/compilations
i have the jesus and mary chain's "just like honey" single at a 4 cuz it's a really good song while i simultaneously have the psychocandy album at a 1.5 cuz it's a shitty album. way more concise and clear, way more organizational.

Sal adds me on RYM when?

Attached: 1453189625075.gif (500x420, 860K)

>doesn't rate singles
>gets doubles
my man

another example of what i do

soz man i am Incognito

Attached: eg.png (511x123, 12K)

An album is a musician's statement, even if some people want to disagree and destroy such format. Singles are redundant when it comes to judgement, just a preview/teaser to make you buy the album.
also
>inflating ratings

Attached: 1472243687823.jpg (1284x980, 389K)

Ask me how I know you don't listen to pop or EDM.

>rockist rhetoric
do you have any evidence for what you're stating before? because i promise you it isn't self-evident. you speak like someone who just got into the album format in general.
also fucking this.

Attached: 11.jpg (529x507, 46K)

>falling for the "BUT WAT BOUT POP OR EDM THOSE ARTISTS JUST MAKE SINGLES" meme
most artists within pop or edm that strive are those who can create an album worth of good content and adopting the rockist format, if not, they are just one-hit-wonders or just barely mediocre. It's also nice to find deep cuts.
hey Sal keep stroking James' cock

>tfw Basic Channel will never be as talented as Tycho because at least Tycho has full length albums
This is some fine bait.