Can a Cucknisher fan (a fan of The Punisher) explain how 3 different directors couldn't make a single good movie of The...

Can a Cucknisher fan (a fan of The Punisher) explain how 3 different directors couldn't make a single good movie of The Punisher?

What is fundamentally wrong with your favorite character or what is it that the movies just can't deliver?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5zsVn_vZ9zE&t=4s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Always portrayed as either too cartoonish or too wish-fulfillment fantasy
They need to adapt one of the Punisher MAX stories

There is 3 points to his arc

>Frank Castle arc
>transition arc
>Punisher arc

Thomas Jane's movie was all about Frank Castle, it was not the Punisher (well, yet), it was a movie about Frank Castle, out to get revenge for his family's death, it was him becoming the punisher, it was basically an Origin story.

Ray's punisher is different from this in that it basically skips all the origin and transition bullshit and focuses on the war and the violence part of the character, the movie was no longer about Frank Castle, it was about the Punisher, doing as much crazy shit on criminals as possible, he was a fucking terminator. He has forgotten Frank Castle a long time ago, this is touched upon by the little girl who brings the Punisher back to his roots, making a full circle and ending his arc, it brought an ending to his rampage (which I didnt like) and he started to care.

Jon Berthal's Punisher however is about the transition, the Jane origin story is over, but he hasnt reached Ray punisher level yet, Hes still Frank Castle, his punisher is about him slowly becoming the Punisher, He still cares about the world, he's still tethered to the ground by his family's death, The Punisher was like this devil on the door, knocking at him, and every criminal life he ends, hes leaning over to that door, until the court scene where he opens that door and fully succumbs to what he is - Punishment

I've only seen the middle one, and I hardly remember it.

How's the Lundregan one? Probably too cartoony. The one on the right looked alright in trailers if but really edgy.

Low budgets mainly

youtube.com/watch?v=5zsVn_vZ9zE&t=4s

Punisher is just a one-dimensional Mack Bolan copy.

Fuck, the German tv series Der Clown did Punisher better than the movies did.

It's not hard.

The short with Thomas Jane is the only good Punisher "movie" so far (I love Dolph though. It just wasn't the Punisher)

Best Punisher:

> Stevenson's looks
> Jane's Russian
> Bernthal's Kingpin
> Lundgren's physique

They tried to with War Zone, but the writers were like: "Man... the Joker is really popular right now because of Heat Legend. Who can we get as a character that's /kinda/ like that? I know! Jigsaw."

Other than that stupid shit they had the right idea, just not the right execution. And if they did make a MAX based movie, they should bring back Ray Stevenson since he's old enough now.

LBJ was one of the most cringeworthy characters ever put on camera.

The third one is legit a fun as fuck action romp.

The Joe Berthal point is completely undermined and less interesting when you realise he was levied by the cop in court by a deal.

War Zone is pretty good, though.

Why it got panned I will never know.

You really don't know?

I remember loving it when it came out.

War Zone was a great action flick to turn your brain off to which i like to do a lot in movies
just wish they had a better villain then jigsaw

Ya dead!

Verhoeven, Cameron, and Ridley Scott are the surefire guys that could make a competent movie out of it.

Pun kills cops. Nuff' said.

>Can a Cucknisher fan (a fan of The Punisher)
lmao

i love this shit board

I thought u had fucked off for good fgt

GODDAMMIT MCNULTY

CHAIN

OF

COMMAND

Pic related is the only good portrayal of live action Punisher.

>no pic
Really got me thinking

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

I always felt one movie wasn't enough time to build the character that's why he worked so well in the daredevil show

They were hacks, as simple as that. Because the perfect Frank was delivered to us after all.
War Zone was shit, but it's Frank was pretty good too.