Why are the most advanced civilizations killing whales?

Every country that kills whales and dolphins tends to be more advanced than countries that don't. Is it redpilled? Have you slaughtered any "intelligent" life?

Stealth rare

who spilt wine on Finland?

Why yes it is Faroe Islands proxy.

whales eat all the fish

have you ever smelled whale oil
it is fucking the worst smell ever
it is self explanatory that the peoples capable of enduring that are also capable of great acheivement

Not a proxy

Advancrd civilizations have been killing dark skinned mammals for centuries.

Prove it

Is there any other domestic food available to the Faroese?

There is literally a holocaust going on with killing pigs, cattle and chicken in the western world just for getting meat. Why do people get butthurt for the japanese for killing whale to get food?

I could write on paper but this was faster

Because they ignore quota and they do it 'illegally'
Not saying it's wrong, just answering your question. And definitely because of their own interests and morals.

They taste good.

Nice. Good to have a true legit rare and not a proxy

Like iceland, shark. Also lots of goats here.

>at least 10 threads a day where Sup Forums ridicules vegans
>but killing whales, dolphins, dogs or whatever is somehow not ok

Killing whales takes a lot of equipment and is usually a tradition stretching back to when they were one of the few sources of refined oils (valuable in early industrial processes.)

So, it's honestly more of a cultural/economic relic indicating that your nation took part in the early industrial revolution and imperial age.

Not all meat is equal, not all life is valued equally, otherwise we'd be those mad Indian holymen who can't walk anywhere without sweeping to street (to avoid crushing precious insect lifeforms) or wear veils to avoid breathing in and hurting fruit flies.

Pigs cattle and chicken have a really high breeding rate (and tend to have much lower intelligence than most whales.)

So it's a combination of value through rarity and value by intellect.

This is the best answer. Props to you, burger.

Yes they do, also it sells to tourists for very high profits. Win win for everyone

Fuckin Torshavn you bunch of rich fags

Because they're apex consumers. Due to their immense size, they must consume incredible amounts of fish or plankton every day to survive. Plankton form the basis of the ocean food chain, and are already stressed by changing global temperatures and conditions. So, the option becomes: let whales eat everything, or kill all the whales to free up more resources to give the greater food chain time to adjust without massive collapse.

We must kill them before they become smarter and try to fight us

>le holocaust buzzword

>burger dressing

What village do you live in OP? Don't be paranoid, you can answer, nobody is coming all the way out there to get you.

What even... I wouldn't even try to taste that stuff.

It says Tórshavn in pic

I'm sickened, but it wouldn't be my worst buy.

If whales were so smart they would stop going to those islands

No he thinks they're rich fags

How do I move to the Faroe islands?

Help me out here bro.

I thought he meant you're the rich fags (Americans)

Because some people really liked Free Willy

I killed Iraqis. So no.

Killing whales is degenerate.

I have never actually slaughtered an animal. I should learn it just in case, even though I've been vegan for almost two years.

I don't have anything against hunting, fishing or eating meat for survival, and it's pretty nutritious, I just dislike the industrialisation of it all.

I think it's unnecesseary to kill and eat animals in a 1st world urban society.

The intelligence of the animal has a say, since more intelligent beings tend to make their own suffering more noticeable, even whales. Hopefully the whales had a nice life and were killed swiftly.

But to answer your question OP, no, I don't think it's "redpilled" to kill intelligent life, but it's been necesseary for so long it's become a tradition.

BTW greenlanders have whaled for ages, do you find them advanced?

>greenlanders have whaled for ages, do you find them advanced?
I believe so, just in the sense of your definition. It's true that it's a cultural thing, you seem to think we are less advanced (somehow) because we do not live ccording to your demands. Yet we are here, in the middle of dark and cold nowhere, and were doing fine until you brought/forced your religion and way of life here.

Given that we had 50+ years to catch up with you, a culture that had a long history, I'd say were quite OK. Better than some, at least.

Oh look! The whole family is here!

How are you guys doing?

Tað er tí vit og Norra eru tey bestu londini.
Ikki oftani eg síggi Foroyingar á her.

Every human should learn to slaughter animals. Its a disgrace to humanity that humans don't know how to feed them self
It's all good, how about you?

"Applications should be submitted to the Danish Embassy or Consulate in the applicant’s country of origin "

There you go pham

Fine, busy working, wishing I could travel a little and enjoy summer else where before winter. How about you

Mmmm, tamu'

Very well thank you. Just a bit annoyed at all the new Students riding around everywhere.

Do you guys have that tradition up there to?
Pic related

Yeah i can imagine summer not being all that great up there. How expensive is it for you guys to travel to Denmark?

RARE

Will it help my application if I'm a blonde haired blue eyed descendent of Vikings living in Scotland?

Looks tasty as fuck bro.

Whoa rarest flag i've ever seen here on Sup Forums pol.

Nice. Now get in the ball God dammit

Summer in Nuuk is not that bad, it's the midnight sun in my hometown that makes it difficult (and the lack of it during winter)

It's pretty expensive, and from Ilulissat/Nuuk (same dates) costs almost the same, 5.566DKK so it's wiser if you invest in a boat to travel with to other towns, if you feel like it.

If i was making the decision then yes, very much.

But chances are the people calling the shots are cucks and would rather have dear little achmed and his entire family move up there.

But i dont know. Maybe it will help. If you can prove that your ancestors were danish or norwegian or whatever that might make a difference but i really dont know.

you should learn the language if you want to be integrated.
I personally try to avoid hanging with people that don't speak Faroese, cause I suck talking in English or Danish
But i could chat with foreigner
yes, we have altso students, but its not as extreme traditions as in Denmark and Norway

It's not often that I meet 2 other faroe-bros.

Hvussu gongur?

lol, tað var forbannað logi, hetta er aldrin komi fyri fyrr.
Gongur fínt, akkurát hugt eftur EM, og nú situr mann bara á netinum og brúkar kjaft

Damn, yeah that is expensive. Kind of lame, we should have something set up so people from Greenland and the Faroe Islands could travel to Denmark alot cheaper. It would also promote unity between us. Something that i feel is sorely lacking in rigsfælleskabet.

Denmark, Greenland, and the Faroe Islands could be much closer than they are now.

Another question: How is it with language in Greenland and on the Faroe Islands? Are you still taught danish? Can you speak it? how does it work?

Ljóðar gott, eg liggji sjúkur. Men tó er tað fantastiskt veður uftan fyri, suðuroyggjin er alt ov heit.

Does Faroe Island and Greenland belong to Denmark? I don't know.

That's the blood of slaughtered whales

Sort of.

They used to be "owned" by Denmark completely like colonies but now they have been given some sort of limited limited autonomy. They are still under the danish crown and part of the danish realm/kingdom and we handle most of their foreign affairs, military and defense stuff and help them out financially.

Younger generations are learning fluet danish, the older people talk in a Faroese dialect called Gotu Dankst,
The queen was her last week, It boosts the national bond between Denmark and Faroe Island
haha Suðuroyingar eru forbanna góðir, tað uddi av teimum á skúlaheiminum
yes, but we have our own goverment, because Germany invaded Denmark in WWII and we lost all contact with the Danes so we had to make our own. The faroese has the oldest parlament in the world, dates back to the viking age called Tinganes

And don't kill them Whales you bigots. Eat some tuna or salmon or whatever.

But if you didn't have a government why have a parliament?

>we should have something set up so people from Greenland and the Faroe Islands could travel to Denmark alot cheaper.
That's what we are currently doing with Iceland, Iceland Air was here not so long ago and commercial are always to be seen, attracting turists to travel there.

>Are you still taught danish? Can you speak it? how does it work?
Yes we are, it's mandatory to learn Danish and english (german and french is optional) so we have a requirement (or encouragement, rather) to learn different languages as possible. It's a bit tricky, since our mother-tongue is not suitable, so fx I can understand German, but I can't speak it since I find it more difficult than Danish, so it's a one-way communications most often. Which is fine because I speak to Danes in greenlandic here, and they speak danish to me, and we can understand each other, so it's good.

Oh yes I saw the queens visit. She likes the faroe islands very much and it is great that her visits bonds us together, but i think we could do much more than that. Just small things like including you in the weather forecast and news perhaps. Like we do with Bornholm, granted Bornholm is much closer but still.

About the language stuff that is cool. I went to highschool with a Faroese Girl and she was fluent in Danish and looked very danish.

Have you been to Denmark yourself?

Alright interesting. Thanks for the info.

I should note I don't speak to all the Danes here in Greenlandic, more my family (cousins are half Danes) and some that can understand a few words, we speak danish to them.

Okay man.

Ill ask you as i asked the faroese guy. Have you ever been to Denmark yourself?

Once last year. I lived in Aarhus for almost a year, but returned since I find it difficult to find a steady job, and I did not like depending on whatchu'ma call it, that thing you get money for showing up two days a week for

We got total control when Denmark was taken by the Germans.
We where conquerd by Norway back in the viking age and then Denmark took Norway and we followed, same with Iceland.
but we had to keep law and order on the island, so all the powerful farmers meet on Tinganes to make laws and stuff. we are so far away from Denmark, so they couldn't control us easily
I was in Denmark when i was a teenager, it was nice
I personally like Denmark and think we should stay together, but her are a lot of people that think Faroe Island should leave the Danish kingdom and become Independent.

Wth is burger dressing

Quite frankly I'm offended, as well

To settle matters and scores. Like a public meeting down in city hall.

>I personally like Denmark and think we should stay together, but her are a lot of people that think Faroe Island should leave the Danish kingdom and become Independent.
When EU migration problem spoils Denmark, we must severe ties to prevent the rot from spreading to our paradise.

I just hope that Denmark leaves EU

Very interesting thank you.

probably some sort of mix of mayo, mustard, other seasonings...probably like a special sauce

Alright cool! Thanks for the chat but i gotta go.

I like Greenland and the Faroe Islands and think that we should stay together, especially if Denmark leaves the EU soon.

ill leave you with this beautiful picture of Christiansborg

You people aren't advanced. Your basically sea niggers.

AND I'LL KEEP COMING

Same here, take care Dannebro'

>faroe islands

literally where. you guys probably fuck sheep in a run down shack on some frozen shit rock island

is there any chance of denmark leaving?

Are you the guy from Greenland visiting parents in Nuuk?

Yes

We must kill them before they evolve to walk on land and rape our women

What europeans label as american food is really funny.
Here they sell white bread, with a huge american flag on the packing and call it TOAST
Also they sell prepackaged fucking hot dogs
HOT DOGS of all things, some genius managed
to sell the germans of all people a cheap sausage in a shitty bun with mustard, at a higher price than you would pay for a bratwurst by putting an american flag and giving it an english name. Burger sauce, is one of many examples

Because whales aren't being farmed. They're finite.

Do you like living in Ilulissat?

you're right i'd better go to the shop tomorrow and buy more of the delicious True Norwegian® Mountain Creek Salmon™

Yes I do, but I want to live in Denmark for a few years and work there, then move back here (Nuuk or Ilulissat, I haven't decided yet)

>Have you slaughtered any "intelligent" life?
Nope just Palis

They are actually pushing back whale invasions

the most advanced civilizations are seafaring, it's as simple as that

dindu sailing, dindu civilization

have you tried that buried greenland shark meat that sounds disgusting?

>intelligent

Please tell us what you mean by this.

Keep it up אח, proud of ya. תודה רבה!!
But seriously, that shit was funny. Can I join went to kill some mudshits? How long can I serve?

Who gives a fuck? Nuke the whales tbqh fampai