WAS IT RAPE?

Data can't feel pleasure and is programmed to do this task for some reason. So isn't it morally wrong for her to fuck him? I felt pretty shocked watching this episode of TNG

RAPE GANGS

It's only rape when it happens to a female.

Wait, data can't feel pleasure? He didn't have emotions, that's established, but are your saying he doesn't have tactile senses?

Wouldn't he still want to, since he always seemed to experience curiosity?

I think he wasn't able to feel that, seeing as how he reacted in first contact with the skin the borg queen offered

Real answer: it was like the second episode and they had no idea what they were doing. So redoing that one TOS episode where everyone gets space-drunk seemed like a good idea at the time.

The fucking snake tail always kills me

Did you just assume Data's gender?

It was the height of fashion

First Contact Data is not the same as season 1 Data. They rewrote a lot of his character towards a more stereotypical "i am robot what r e-motions" trope in the latter seasons because a kickass android with a fully functional dong didn't fit into their vision.

That's like calling rape because a woman didn't get consent from her vibrator. Computers are tools, nothing more.

Data knows better. Lal could choose her sex, appearence and orientation. Impressive

But that's a meta explanation. Considering only the show's elements how can you justify Tasha's actions?

If this aired today "people" would freak out over SJW pandering, funny

well? would you?

I would crawl six miles in broken glass covered with Magic Johnsons blood just to lick her taint

For some reason Star Trek is a liberal wet dream that almost everyone enjoyed at some point in their life.

Actually it's the other way around. Data is taking advantage of her because she's under the influence of some alien virus.

Well he just wanted a child of his own. He wasn't fussy about what they would look like.

Unknown to Data, so you are wrong.

Also all of it is initiated and encouraged by Tasha and Data is just a mere tool, so you are wrong either way.

>computer, mid-24th century Turkana IV female attire
>setting, a dark Turkana IV alleyway
>generate 15 rapists resembling commander data
>disengage safety protocols

Reminder that Tasha literally described him as child-like in that recording to be listened after her death, and she fucked him. Really made me think

He only came off childlike due to his disconnect from everything human which he was curious about. Data still understood the difference between right and wrong. The other thing was this was written in the 80's when a woman getting loaded and fucking a sober guy was seen as comedy back then.

thank you

>not realizing the purest love is what matters

I'd react that way too to that translucent bitch.

Tasha made a pass at data, she didn't force him. Data does what he always did, serve the needs of the enterprise crew while seeking his own humanity.

Fuck off Maddox

t. Pulaski

It kind of makes sense. She had experienced sexual trauma in the past. Data was non-threatening and yet 'fully functional'. This was her way of asserting her sexual agency. Notice how predatory she was, I don't think that was just the space-drunkenness.

Can this meme be the new "Commander, tell me about your sexual organs"?

wtf I hate TNG now

I hope so

this is what i came here for
also dubs

>it's another Dr. Crusher falls in love with someone episode

It's not even funny how much better Pulaski was

Of course.

I am programmed in multiple techniques; a broad variety of pleasuring.

Data wasn't truly sentient until the episode in which he started dreaming, what Tasha did was no worse than using a vibrator.

And it was a great episode. I'm sure they could have made it a two parter but in the eyes of Lal it's too short. Just like her life. Also Reikers reaction to Data and Lal was nearly priceless. Plus
> If Lal tried to start a fight on 10 forward

> i loved you in Conan the Barbarian

Data was literally nervous during the Tasha scene.

Are dreams really your only measure of sentience? By that logic, heavy stoners are un-persons.

SHE WAS ASKING FOR THE RAPE GANGS

TASHA: Five. Five years old, but I survived. I learned how to stay alive, how to avoid the rape gangs. I was fifteen before I escaped.

On that topic Tos high is amazing

But how would that Vibrator feel if it became sentient after its creator initiated it's sentience protocols?

>Are dreams really your only measure of sentience?
According to Dr Soong, yes.

you can't rape a machine

Was it rape?

Men can't be raped, obviously.

So the judgment on the measure of a man was wrong? They should have considered him a mere machine?

It wasn't just that. There was a writer's strike going on, they had to reuse old TOS scripts to keep the show going.

Data liked it, so it wasn't wrong

ITT: normie-tier discussion

He has a sense of touch but he couldn't experience physical pleasure. It was just like

>3 newtons of pressure is being exerted to section 4123 of your penis