Rewatching the first season after some time and having some fun. Does it get better after... you know...

Rewatching the first season after some time and having some fun. Does it get better after... you know, the series goes to the shitter?

Yes it does. Drop it after season 4 if you like, although i do enjoy every season despite its highs and downs.

It's a comfy show. It feels like the cast are all bros in real life. It's gotten hokey as all fuck but I still watch it.

Side note: Will Jensen Ackles have a career if this show end? He's got range and carries this show.

He could play Captain America.

They ever go back to a monster of the week feel?

In the last season there was some of that. Havent watched s12 yet so i don't know.

Jensen and Jared are way too cool. Just checking out their twitters, and it's just them enjoying their lives and work. Then you go to dudes like Misha who can't shut up about politics.

Misha seems like the type.

Watch it through season 4, skip 5 and 6, and continue watching to present.

Ill try not to spoil, but once dean no longer has his signature leather coat, skip the next 2 seasons

Jensen should play Hal Jordan tbqh m8

Saying you should skip 5 while still saying they should watch 1-4 is absolute blasphemy! Whether or not they should anything beyond Season 5 is another story entirely.
6-7 were bleh
8 was interesting
9 was back to bleh
10a was bleh, 10b rabid psycho Dead is best Dean.
11 - very very polarizing season. You either love it or hate it.

5 is really plot-heavy but it wraps up the main plot of the series. Then the creator leaves and things get a bit iffy.

Season 6 has some great episodes, and hilarious antics with soulless Sam. Weak villain, but whatever. Season 7 is a drag and the villain SUCKED. I stopped mid-episode in season 8 because things were becoming so intensely stupid.

It's complete shit at this point, but I'm too deep to quit. Wishing every episode I watch is the last.

>show ending
>ever

besides them trying to make this show come to real life and them becoming real brothers, I don't know bud.

I mean people here think they just got renewed for season 13. 13 years but they got a 2 year contract so expect at least season 14 as well. We're on season 12 currently.

Last season was 2/3 motw episodes

>5 is really plot-heavy but it wraps up the main plot of the series.
What happened to Poppa Winchester?

you can stop after season 3 ends, or if you are really into it at the end of season 5

go no further

Season 1 was objectively the best. Watch seasons 1-5. If you really want to continue then stop after season 8 because everything's JUST tier and retarded after that. Season 7 is abhorrent also so maybe skip it and just watch 6 and 8.

>those episodes where Sam and Dean are only in for a total of like 2 minutes
Why are they being made

Also I only say season 8 is good because of Kevin and Benny. Other than that it's very forgettable and men tier.

How much of the show have you seen?

My Bloody Valentine killed his movie career. I agree that Jensen would be a MUCH better Hal than Ryan Reynolds, but he's too old.

A lot of each season has these episodes. Some go back to the overarching story for a while but there's always at least a couple MotW ones in there.

Season 1 and 2, individual episodes here and there, then picked it up with season 11.

>Drop it after season 4 if you like
You mean season 5?

>but he's too old.
But that's the thing, he doesn't look old and besides, he's probably the same age Hal is in the comics anyway.

The stuff with their dad gets resolved at the end of S2.

Man, he really lost his boyish looks over the years. I remember how he looked like in Season 1 of Supernatural as well as on Smallville.

I nearly forgot he's only 1 year older than Jason Momoa so I guess he could still play Hal, but only if WB gets a good writer.

But I mean, i was asking more on the lines that, does he ever cameos or comes back again? Everyone seems to have died a bunch of times and come back a bunch of times more and they never seem to even reference their dad anymore. Did he depart on bad terms or something?

They still talk about him later on. Jumping into season 11, I'd imagine they don't constantly reference their 9-years-dead father.

I recall reading that JDM was kinda pissed about how much they shit on papa winchester in later seasons

13 will be the new one right? It's getting far too ridiculous and I pretty much dropped it after how they resolved the God and Darkness storyline last season.