Is it just me...

Is it just me, or does the average foreign poster on this board have a better grasp of the English language then the average American poster?

Not the German ones, for sure.
They can't even type proper German if you bait them to.

It's not just you. It's natural for Americans so they don't try as hard as we do

Having the balls to post that while speaking American.

Sup Forums ladies and gentelmen.

Well. If you already have learned a 2nd language so that you are able to post on a foriegn political board amongst other things - some hurdles that would sort out the worst of retards has already been skipped.

I remember reading that German-speaking people are least likely to know a second language in all of Europe.
I don't remember where I got that from but from personal experience that certainly makes sense. None of my friends really have a good grasp on English and their writte German is often shit aswell

Maybe if they're other English speakers like Brits and Australians.

youre damn wright

If anything this board has shown me that banter and dumbassery transcend all cultures and borders.

Despite our differences we are all scarily similar.

First of all, no, second of all, all of our maps have the Atlantic in the middle

No u

>He can't even form a proper sentence with a period at the end.

Your sentence should have read:
"First, no; second, all our maps have the Atlantic in the middle."

This is what I am talking about.

what has banter to do with Sup Forums?
It's a newfag thing that came when they added the stupid flag feature.

>hating flags
JIDF detected.

its just you

;)

/thread

>using then instead of than

"first, no" is not a dependent clause, so separating it from the rest of the sentence with a semi colon is incorrect. If you're going to be a grammar nazi you should at least skim through mein kampf.

Excuse me, not an independent clause

Here's your (((you)))

english is the easiest language on the planet to learn

>Is it just me, or does the average foreign poster on this board have a better grasp of the English language then the average American poster?

No. Its just you.

Faggot!

You must be joking. Most germans speak at least 2 languages. Arabic and German

I strongly countenance the original poster's thesis.

Are you stupid or have you never learned a language before?

its u faget

That's because Germany > Rest of the world >>>>>>>>>>>>> Amerika

Americans and Brits have a much bigger vocabulary in my opinion.
I have observed that Anglos tend to make more very obvious mistakes, though. Shit like "should of" or "then/than" confusion usually comes from natives.

This probably arises from native english speakers learning the language more phonetically. When we type, there's most likely a lot more engagement of the parts of our brains associated with talking.

The 'should of' thing is because people are fucking retarded and don't realize that when people say it, they're saying 'should've'.

diamond dozen
all intensive porpoises.

I don't know if people actually do that or if it's just trolling.

yes

That makes sense actually. Does posting on here help with learning English or hurt?

"diamond dozen" is real but nobody types "porpoises" instead of "purposes". Unless it's just bad autocorrect

Auto-correct helps.
Also when I use uncommon words I double check their meaning to see if I picked them up right.

You can go fuck yourself medipack. Count your mountain shekels and eat ricola in the corner. (no hate)

>pic related

I would say we are well off, considering we have too much old people and lots of foreign subhumans.

>tfw we only shitpost and hate on each other because we're the only ones who can take it
I love you Sup Forums

It helps but can also be a disaster if you're learning English to write (or speak) formally or in a professional context.
It took me a while to unlearn saying fucking instead of very.

In general I feel like I am better at English grammar than the average American, but I suck at pronunciation and actually speaking the language out loud.

Germany...
A lot of my friends can only speak what I call "vacation-english".
It's okay if you want to know the road to somewhere or if you want to ask for a price but other than that its just "what?".
The Dutch have a language quite similar to german.
Yet they almost always are able to speak english pretty well.

Why's that, fellow dutch-anons?
I know you let cartoons air on television without a shitty dub (at least stuff like family guy etc.)
But what else is there that makes you speak english like its nothing?