Copa America 2019 Brazil - 2020 USA

Copa America 2019 in Brazil will feature USA and Mexico + 6 other invitees including 2 europeans possibly.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Copa_América

After this reports say the copa america might merge with concacaf and do a special event tournament in USA 2020 because it makes so much money.
starsandstripesfc.com/copa-america/2017/3/20/14982554/copa-america-2020-usa-brazil-euros

Sup Forums what do you think about the future of Copa America tournament? If they invite UK and another big market it could be bigger than euros.

"We've had those discussions with CONMEBOL because I think it makes sense," said Montagliani, in an exclusive interview with ESPN FC. "We're not talking about joining the confederations, but I think it behooves us to take a serious look at having another combined tournament."

Montagliani added, "The discussions aren't at the final stages or even halfway, but it's beyond preliminary."

they should invite Spain England France and Portugal

They should invite Canada. It feels wrong without Canada, even if they suck

¿Por qué?

There is still the gold cup. With Copa America now 16 teams I think USA will always get the invite just for our money.

Why invite Europeans?You wouldn't see Argentina getting invited to the Euros.

$$$$$$$

You know the answer user, i believe in you.

the invitees are there lying faggot and they're costa rica, haiti, jamaica, mexico, panama and los estados unidos

It's wikipedia, I can't find a source for those invites.

Vestiges of colonialism? Money? Attention? Fun? Competition? All of the above? Yo no sé. ¡Ayúdame chileno!

This. Spain has been rumored as a guest since at least 2007, unlike CONMEBOL and CONCACAF, europeans actually like vacations once or twice every four years. Even if it actually happened, europeans would bring U-23 teams or an alternative squad (they'd still make it far though...like Germany in the 2017 Comfederations Cup)

I seriously hope this replaces the joke that is gold cup. A few Euro teams but make sure they send shit squad and a few asian ones and it's perfect.

Why not just nix the Gold Cup and play a big tournament across the Americas once every 4 years?Maybe do some qualifying rounds for the non-seeded teams to weed out the weaker nations.

They want to do that and it might happen starting in 2020.

Please invite us.

reminds me of videogames in the 80s, so much football there will be a crash soon

i dont mind the american tournament if they dont join confeds, would give the training needed by everyone, changing our elimination brackets would be bad, just need more cupos

What's with that dumb logo?

You can invite the Netherlands when they inevitably fail to qualify for Euro 2020.

Shitty paint edit by a Sete a Um.

thinking mans joke

the gold cup determines the concacaf representative in the confederations cup

Dubs and Argentina lose the final again