In your opinion, which one of these artist was the greatest artist of 20th century?

In your opinion, which one of these artist was the greatest artist of 20th century?

Attached: music.jpg (670x377, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=efhlDbZ4SmY
youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=ulOLYnOthIw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bowie > MJ > Prince.

peter gabriel

Weird Al

Attached: weirdal.jpg (320x320, 64K)

Gershwin

>Michael Jackson>David Bowie>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Prince

Reverse this and you're correct

Pretty sure OP meant to choose from those 3 musicians. are you stupid?

fact

Prince > MJ > Bowie

MJ had the better voice though

The main difference between Jackson and Prince was that Prince actually wrote all his music and played instruments.

Michael Jackson was an un-ironic pedophile. Fucking underage groupies is one thing, grooming preteen boys is a whole other level of depravity

lol

Prince>Bowie>MJ
Bowie said Prince was his official successor and equivalent in the 1980s

Bowie is the most overrated artist of all time. The literal definition of a hack.

David > Prince > Michael

>meme criticism

the absolute state

>reddit spacing
you have to go back

None but out of them Bowie. Prince and Jackson were talentless hacks, ESPECIALLY Prince.

>Prince
>talentless
This place is a serious fucking joke. Thank god it doesn't influence any discussion of rock music

bowie, not a question

kill yourself

Prince was the Justin Bieber of his day and the constant critical dicksucking he got doesn't change that.

>actually believing that bullshit

You have to go back

I feel like MJ's importance to music is pretty overrated, he was just a singer. Couldn't really play instruments and only wrote a few songs.

me

Nah. The critics are right in this case and you're a pseud

>it's pseudo-intellectual to not like lame pop music

based
out of those three, Prince > Bowie > MJ

Pablo Picasso

Fpbp

Beatles + Bob dylan >>

>a highly rated and accomplished musician is talentless compared to someone who uhh... wrote the riff to Rebel Rebel because I say so
>i-i'm not a pseud pop music is gay!!!!

Name a Prince album as good as or better than Hunky Dory, Ziggy Stardust, Station To Station, Low, Heroes, Outside or Earthling.

That wasn't the argument and they're also all pop music.
IMO Sign O the Times is a more coherent and seamlessly eclectic project than Bowie's best stuff (Low and Outside are great but disjointed). Purple Rain, 1999, Parade, Symbol and Dirty Mind are easily equal to the albums you listed. As a songwriter Bowie has the edge when it comes to his best songs, but at the same time his worst songs are weaker and more formulaic than Prince's worst. Earthling is not that great in my opinion

Fair enough if you really think that. Also, I am aware that Bowie comes under "pop music" but when referring to pop music colloquially it comes with a certain idea rather than a genre in the loosest sense.

>all this dicksucking for MJ and Bowie
>everyone hates Prince

I hate nu/mu/ so much

>To the man who thinks Prince is talentless
>youtube.com/watch?v=efhlDbZ4SmY
Prince is unironically a godlike guitarist, and if he wasn't focused on songwriting and singing as much, he could easily be recognized as one of the greats.

>prince is
prince is dead niga

Sup Forums doesn't like funk/soul music in general so not surprising. Bowie has the epic sci-fi themes and costumes that attracts the lolsonerdy type of fanbase of Sup Forums and reddit.

his discography aint. Retro stations still play his old hits.

>God tier
>Prince

>Good tier
>Bowie

>OK tier
>MJ

THIS

UNDERRATED

Attached: 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f (576x720, 41K)

MJ by a country mile. like by fucking heaps and heaps. never liked bowie or prince at all. purple rain is shit but its a vibe, bowie is just too focused on lyrics. lets dance or whatever is a banger but MJ has heaps of those and interesting subjects also.

Attached: 1521403720689.jpg (411x412, 18K)

>helps invent experimental rock
>helps invent prog
>goes a step further and invents avant-prog
>integral in the development of psychedelic rock
>integral in the development of jazz fusion
>makes some great sound collage, r&b, hard rock, jazz, and modern classical while he's at it
>one of the first pop/rock artists to use a digital sampler
>plays a mean guitar solo
>releases an average of 2+ albums a year for 30 years and nearly all of them are good

Attached: zappa.jpg (700x394, 32K)

THIS

haha no

I like Prince as a person and I understand he is a really good musician objectively, but I think Purple Rain fucking sucks. I've listened to it so many times and it's just not for me. Is this a popular opinion amongst Prince fans?

What is the essential Prince album that isn't PR?

Sign o' the Times.

Bowie is miles better than Prince tho

Fact

Literally anything from the 80s (except Graffiti Bridge, that shit sucks)

god bless zappa

I think the main attraction to Bowie's music is the underlying theme of alienation and to a lesser extent escapism. That's what hooks us weirdos in.

Attached: IWillBeKing2.png (636x1102, 347K)

I dunno I think the appeal of Bowie is that almost every album aounds radically different. Scary Monsters, Earthling, and Blackstar all sound crazy different, because Bowie just did fuckin' everything. There's a song for everyone. I think the biggest reason he was big was because he took the musical trend at the time and put his spin on it (Earthling is a great example of this) and made it good, and it got huge.

All of those are extemely overrated. But if I had to choose, Prince. MJ was a talentless hack.

Oh definitely, for the wider population. I should of clarified that I was talking about why he's so popular here compared to the other artists mentioned. You can understand why themes of Bowie's work would strike a chord with people here as apposed to the themes of Prince's? Spirituality and sexuality aren't themes that are going to be as relatable to the socially awkward.

But you are totally right, there is something for everyone somewhere in his discography.

jamiroquai > all

That and Prince couldn't sing for shit or have a hook. Prince sold himself on being sex-edgy during a conservative decade.

Bowie

zappa fans are fucking retards.

Zappa couldn't play for shit. He should be embarrassed to release albums next to Al Di Meola and after Hendrix.

gotta pick Bowie

prince > mj >>> bowie

I wanna argue with you but I gotta respect the digits

>talentless
youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

k...

Attached: godking.png (615x408, 478K)

>souless pentatonic scaling over a youtube backing track

Attached: 5fd.png (768x752, 88K)

In terms of mainstream success: MJ > Bowie > Prince

In terms of musical talent: Prince > MJ > Bowie

>souless
imagine being this soulless and autistic

Attached: Tuvix.jpg (345x288, 21K)

You have no ear for music.

Prince fell off somewhere around the mid-90's whereas Bowie fell off somewhere in the mid-80's.

Michael Jackson had like 2 good albums in the 80's but went to shit in the early 90's

M. Jackson

>mainstream success
>Bowie > Prince
lmao

>t.

Attached: 614d36acfd1a5944808b3116d9de8002.png (357x520, 460K)

You have no hands for words.

Edgy.

Attached: rick_ross_cop_500.jpg (500x317, 14K)

You're right. I enjoy mediocrity. It's sooo gooood.

Yeah we know you do

>souless
>mediocrity
>You're right.

Attached: wes.jpg (643x768, 121K)

people who call Prince a talentless hack have probably never listened to his music desu

Right, purple rain was soo gooooood. I liked the lack of melody and the poor lyrics and the vocal doubling.

Asshole

bowie = micheal > prince

Attached: 1510870612943.gif (308x214, 1.99M)

these kids will be well-adjusted

The white one

>All these plebs picking MJ/Prince over Bowie
>picking a pedophile rapist dancer and an autistic midget who can only play instruments over the goat
jesus christ

Attached: 29176757_1580897658691873_6191198690078621696_n.jpg (540x667, 77K)

you're one of those guys that insists on singing let's dance every time you go to karaoke

Attached: trumpl.jpg (926x617, 49K)

>you're one of those guys that insists on singing let's dance every time you go to karaoke
this isnt even a bait, this is embarrasing

Attached: 29249843_10155361247332596_6786482007707746304_n.jpg (598x433, 29K)

put on your dancing shoes

>calls MJ a pedophile

Bowie fucked multiple teenage girls in his career and no one gave a shit lol

most egregious forms of cultural theft and appropriation

Fucking a teenage grupie with consent while blasted on coke isnt the same as being over 30 and touching toddlers who cant even think, dont you think?

Bowie>>>MJ>Prince

Bowie created some of the most forward thinking art/experimental rock albums of the century, while still maintaining pop relevancy.

Prince and MJ relied solely on making catchy hooks and rarely produced any music beyond surface level.

/thread

easily

>using cover performance as evidence for his creative talent

Attached: pathetic.png (439x437, 171K)

see

you said that he was talentless, when in fact he's one of the best guitarists of all time.
Your whole creative talent argument is stupid as fuck anyway. I'd argue that Prince did more song writing than MJ ever did.

this is what it sounds like when doves cry

Yes this is correct. Majority of Bowie's album soar way above any of Prince's efforts musically and stylistically.

>quads of truth confirm

imagine being this much of a pleb
youtube.com/watch?v=ulOLYnOthIw

bat dance is goat

i actually like prince but this is just fucking silly.