Music is subjective

Music is subjective

Attached: 1517770485890.jpg (1280x960, 287K)

darius is a good artist :3
so cute

Music enjoyment is subjective*

why must rats live such short lives lads

Literally everything is subjective.

>Literally everything is subjective.

What did he mean by this?

That literally everything is subjective.

1+1=2
there you go

libtard/postmodernist jew detected

except that is a paradox because if your statement is subjective, it is not subjective.

Attached: 99cc638bb613b62c4ed463f35c3dc5b2.jpg (300x327, 14K)

I disagree. Prove me wrong.

I'm too tired to use proper words and shit, but our number system is made up pretty much, as are all rules of logic. Having 1+1=2 as true just makes it so that other nice properties are fulfilled, so we tend to use that convention of understanding addition and quantitied rather than, say, 1+1=46. Google "freshman sum," it's a way of adding fractions where you just add the numerators and denominators rather than finding a common denominator. While you might intuit this to be "wrong," it does have applications in higher level maths. So, yeah, technically 1+1=2 is subjective.

burden of proof is on you to prove him wrong

If you don't expand, your statement is empty

No, that's subjective still because it is only my opinion.
That's not the point. You cannot prove that 1+1=2 because objectivity doesn't exist.

if
A or B
not A
B

how can this statement be subjective?

no, because if everything was subjective, as you say, that statement would be objectively correct.

except for the fact that it is a paradox of course.

something being an opinion has no bearing on whether or not it is true.

... except when it is objectively bad

No, because it's my subjective opinion.

To the people saying music is not subjective, show me your last.fm/rym/screencap or photo of music collection, so we can laugh at your miserable taste in music. Go ahead, I'll wait.

then it can be discarded like the trash that it is
faggot

As can your opinion, faggot.

the fact that it is your opinion is irrelevant

there are only two possibilites:

1. your statement is false, which means there are things that are objective

2. your statement is true, which means everything (else is subjective, making your statement true, which means not "literally everything" is subjective, which makes your statement false.

waiting for a response still

My statement being true or false would imply objectivity, which doesn't exist.

No user, that's not how "literally" works. I know it's a Millennial and to a lesser extent Gen Z thing but there's no excuse for poor language.

I didn't misuse the word.

Code for:
I hate it and everyone needs to take what I say as fact.

Egotistical fuck.

ok, you don't seem to understand or are trolling.

i would love to see the mental gymnastics you can come up with to explain this one:

if
A or B
not A
B

how can this statement be subjective?

Stop listening to shitty music :)

You did, the correct word is "actually" or an opening phrase of "in all actuality." If not actually then "exactly." "Literally" means to denote something as non-metaphorical or figurative. By the way you used it, you implied that subjectivity can be figurative, which doesn't make sense.

I honestly don't understand what you're getting at here.

No such thing, stop trying to seem important.

How can subjectivity not be figurative?

Whatever you say pal

Because neither the figurative nor literal sense apply to someone's ability to perceive.

My name is Bob or Jon
My name is not Bob
My name is Jon

how can this be subjective?

I'll try. Heres something similar. This is an argument in Indian schools of philosophy to try and prove if causation is real. Here are the four possibilities of causation:

1. Caused by itself
2.Caused by something other than itself
3.Caused by both itself and another
4.Caused by neither itself nor another

To refute each point:
1.Something cannot cause itself into being. If it is already existing, it cannot create it's own existence. Simple enough.
2. Something can not be caused by another thing. Take for example darkness. We think of darkness as the abscence of light, but darkness is not caused by anything. It is merely the absence of something else. Light is not caused by a lack of darkness. Light merely exists because it is light.
3. This one is easy to prove. Because 1 and 2 are both wrong, the composite is also incorrect.
4. I forget what this is honestly, but there is still logic to negate this.

I agree with you generally, just wanna try and show that there arre philosophies where reality is entirely subjective. Try and open your mind and understand that there are different ways of interpreting reality.

Attached: 1520579151343.jpg (500x376, 34K)

Poor egotist, I've probably dashed his ego. Sorry user, but the world doesn't revolve around you.

I disagree that your name is Jon. Prove me wrong.

Why not?

;)

Why would they? They're unrelated concepts. One is about the mechanics of speech and the other is logic and psychology. You can have metaphors and figurative language about objectivity and subjectivity, but those things themselves can't be something literal or figurative; only literal and figurative are literal and figurative.

same message tho, just more clarity

you can disagree, but you would be wrong in doing so.

You're unnecessarily restricting language. Figurative subjectivity would just be using subjectivity metaphorically, which is totally possible. I cannot think of an example myself but someone could.
Why would I be wrong? It's just my subjective opinion. I do not believe my opinion is wrong, therefore it is subjective.

How else then, can you prove it to be possible? That would literally mean making perception unreal. How do you unrealize perception in language? What logical basis does it hold?

1. i agree
2. sexual reproduction? showing that something is not caused by anything else doesn't show that nothing is caused by anything else
3. i would disagree 2 is wrong
4. in regards to causation, this would make no sense to be true

Ok, try this one

You must exist or not exist?

Objectively, you must exist because you are reading the question.

jdimsa

If everything is subjective than you can't justify being against me thinking the earth is flat.

this
to elaborate: objectivity does "objectively" exist, but since nobody will ever be able to see past their own subjectivity it may as well not do.

If God exists, and we are living within His creation, then subjectivity is irrelevant

except that is exactly what logic and true "logical" thinking strives for, to escape your own subjectivity and falsehoods.