When foreigners need to point to states on a map, why can they only ever get California, Texas...

When foreigners need to point to states on a map, why can they only ever get California, Texas, and sometimes Alaska and Hawaii?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CozbhIX5Y0E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because no one cares about interchangeable Amerisquares

1. They're large and easily recognizable on a map
2. They have something unique to them

Why would anyone care about Iowa, for instance?

Why would anyone care about stupid squares, that are basically all the same anyways?

Iowa has the most uniqe shape in the Union famalam
;_; is the "stupid squares" meme big outside the U.S.?

I don't have anything against Amerisquares it's just too much to expect me to remember them. The East half of America looks a little more organic but as you go west it's just random squares

Texas has most unique idiot.

I think I meant VT instead of VA

Good attempt/10

Better than I'd expect for a non-American.

You messed up in the east, but not bad.

>meme

Okay, Louisiana has some french speakers left, Florida is shaped like a benis, California is successfull and Alaska is like Canada, other than that, they are just interchangeable squares, like the dane said, but that's ok, same thing applies to most ex-colonies

Just convert them to provinces and reduce that clutter to 10, like civilized people.

Because it's not so important to know most states of the US, as they're not independent countries. But I think most people would recognize Florida, too.

The states that are easily recognized are so recognizable due to being the culture capitals, and/or having an unique shape or position.

At least you got NY and PA right which I fucked up majorly

i also know louisiana, michigan and kentucky thanks to 2chainz, kanye west and kfc

>you can literally draw americans states in less than a second
Can americans name these two states?

Most states are irrelevant

this

amidoingitright?

>cali texas michigan lousianna pennsylvania alaska washington oregon Michigan florida arizona new mexico nevada nebraska north\south carolina connitecut Israel.
did I do good?

How do you know Michigan but not New York

You spelled Missouri, Tennessee, Delaware, Indiana and Louisiana wrong
Possibly Massachusetts also.

Who cares if other people don't know our states? I can barely place the Canadian provinces and that's only because I like Canada. I'd only expect foreigners to recognize California, Texas and New York because they're the most influential. Similar to British Colombia or Quebec. Who cares about Saskatchewan or Oklahoma(me).

We're glad no one does. Keep flying over.

I know NY but I can't point it out on a map there's like 10 states where it's supposed to be
I also think I forgot to list Virginia and Minnesota

So you're telling me if I got an blank Australian map and asked you to point me Queensland, you'd know where to poke your fat finger? Dont think so m8

I'll probably remember a few right after posting this but whatever

Well you got all the one's you knew correct so good job on that.

That bottom left one there is Russia.

Alaska, California, Texas, Florida, New York. What else would a foreigner ever need to know or care about?

t. Phoneposter

I bet most of these are wrong

>tfw know every country in Europe + their capitals
>know every state but don't know their capitals because they're always some irrelevant tier 3 backwater city

switch Colorado and Nebraska

move Kansas one state west

>east coast

oh God what the fuck

oh and move Alabama east one too

You forgot Cuba in the lower left too, next to Russia.

Meanwhile in America...

youtube.com/watch?v=CozbhIX5Y0E

i know tx, florida, cal

the east coast if an utter clusterfuck to me, i recognize names but have no idea where to put them, like vermont, ny, jersey, penny

theres the desert shitholes like arizona nevada and new mexico but cant put them in place exactly

washington is easy becase we learn washington DC is different than washington which is completely on the other side of the country

i know wyoming because thatd be the only place i consider going

the prairie states or flyover states i have no idea where exactly are they, just know names again like kansas? tennesse? ohio?

anyway we learn about the geography of the USA and their economy too but not about its states

All correct if my MN you meant Montana because MN means Minnesota