Post best noise rock

Post best noise rock

Attached: 1521423263948.jpg (300x300, 19K)

easy thread

Attached: grandeur.jpg (245x206, 13K)

good pick
I'd say The Jesus Lizard - GOAT is pretty high up there

Attached: 81VYdBE3e9L._SL1300_.jpg (1300x1300, 406K)

Attached: MI0002351360.jpg?partner=allrovi.com.jpg (500x492, 36K)

this isn't fun tho, it just sounds cool. I honestly think it's mostly loved for cred. Very cool sounds, but almost unenjoyable.

fun is subjective
not everything has to have a strict pop formula

obviously. wouldn't be in a noise-rock thread if I thought that was the case. I shouldn't have made fun the crux of my criticism, but I just think that Grandeur of Hair doesn't have much going for it other than textural appreciation. That goes a long way, but it needs more than just cool sounds to really be a really interesting and good record imo

some music is just more about the textural and sonical landscape approach rather than anything else
you could call it substanceless but do take in consideration that noise as a genre alone, say harsh noise is exclusively about this, it's just what sounds are possible to make by manipulating noise
not trying to disagree though lol

Attached: UNSANE.jpg (286x300, 95K)

easy thread

Attached: scattered_smothered_and_covered.jpg (500x493, 66K)

patrician

These are all me
Unsane is nice though

no I get what you mean, and don't think my "argument" has much of a footing. Grandeur of Hair just seems almost less like rock and more noise. Maybe it's just that I am disappointed that songwriting seems to be subordinate to the textures when the album DOES sound so cool.

it's very noisy yes, I get where you're coming from.
assuming you're familiar but if you want a good balance between noise and rock, there are a lot of rougher, less refined shoegaze bands that incorporate good use of textures whilst still remaining 'rock'

IN TIME, I KNOW, I'M JUST A PIECE OF SHIT LIKE YOU

I really loved noise rock in my angry young adult years but this is probably one of the best just straight noise rock albums

you're just a plen

nah I'm patrish

As an avid noise and PE fan, I prefer the harsh textures and focus on the noise aspect, which is why it's my favorite noise rock album

Attached: A flute made from bird bone dating back more than 40,000 years unearthed from a cave in southern Ger (615x409, 22K)

0/10