Why are so many women generally untalented?

Why are so many women generally untalented?
Of course men make shit music too, but the amount of great and experimental music is mostly by men
They usually go for the safe pop approach
Pic related, female artist I respect a lot

Attached: large.jpg (500x500, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I7izJggqCoA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Most talent artist is here

Attached: 58DA40DA-4E2B-4874-AAC3-0E1A1E8040C3.jpg (1590x400, 212K)

Patti Smith was around all those great bands that played in CBGBs, of course she had talent.

Bjork is also good, but it's just alternative pop if anything
Not saying that Patti Smith was SUPER EXPERIMENTAL or anything like that but it's sort of revolutionary in terms of rock music, at the time anyway

essentially the same answer as linked video
Women don't NEED to be funny/talented...they are the prize

That's a very objectifying way to look at it
I prefaced the thread with a sexist statement probably, but I don't condone responsed like this lol
Of course you are inclined to your own opinion

>who is bjork, grimes, sia, etc. some
of the most expermimental in music

Sia? Are you joking?
And again, all the mentioned are alternative pop, despite their qualities only proving my point

the truth doesn't care about whether or not you condone it.

Bjork and Grimes are Electronica

What are you talking about?

Yeah but Patti Smith wrote hardly any of it
She wrote most of the lyrics but that's about it

are so many women generally untalented?
▶ (OP)
essentially the same answer as linked video
Women don't NEED to be funny/talented...they are the prize

>>
Anonymous 03/22/18(Thu)04:14:54 No.78849690▶That's a very objectifying way to look at it
I prefaced the thread with a sexist statement probably, but I don't condone responsed like this lol
Of course you are inclined to your own opinion
>>
Buddha Hipster !YUfHKBFeg2 03/22/18(Thu)04:18:06 No.78849734▶ (OP)
>who is bjork, grimes, sia, etc. some
of the most expermimental in music
>>
Anonymous 03/22/18(Thu)04:20:07 No.78849765▶Sia? Are you joking?
And again, all the mentioned are alternative pop, despite their qualities only proving my point
>>
Anonymous 03/22/18(Thu)04:21:48 No.78849786▶
the truth doesn't care about whether or not you condone it.
>>
Buddha Hipster !YUfHKBFeg2 03/22/18(Thu)04:22:46 No.78849799▶
Bjork and Grimes are Electronica

>>
Anonymous 03/22/18(Thu)04:22:53 No.78849800▶
(OP)
She wrote most of the lyrics but that's about it
[Post a Reply][Return] [Catalog] [Top] 10 / 1 / 7 / 1 [Update] [Auto]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp
>>
Anonymous 03/22/18(Thu)04:22:53 No.78849800▶
(OP)
Sh

Beat-esque poetry with a three chord rock format that became staple in genres like punk in the future
Amazing performer, and lyrics are very well written
Electronica is hardly a genre as Indie. They are arbitrary labels that can practically mean anything
Fugazi is indie rock but so is the 1975
Electronica is just a method of producing
They still make pop music both of them, just a bit alternative

like not as*

Attached: 1519631162442.gif (312x286, 96K)

why is it only talent if its experimental?

Not discrediting non-experimental music, but safe pop approaches are common with a lot of women

Laurie Anderson is incredibly underrated by Sup Forums, as is Ute Lemper and Judy Henske (arguably the greatest experimental/psychadelic-folk artists of all time).

Thank you, finally a decent response
I'll check them out

It's obvious, because in the world of music, a woman's voice is that one coveted thing they have that men don't

That's entirely the reason they almost all end up making vocal pop music, even the experimental ones tend to just be doing stuff with their voice that men can't like Galas and many others like her

They aren't untalented so much as they know it's the easiest way to find success and even when the music can be totally more experimental than their male contemporaries like with The Raincoats, their feminine voices just end up having it categorized with twee pop or something

People literally tag music with female vocals all the fucking time just to listen to stuff with female voices

Also if you get a woman who is just doing experimental shit, nobody will realize she's a woman because there's no vocals so those people are less remembered in music history among plebs even though they have always existed

That's a fair assessment actually

Also The GTOs are fantastic but you really have to have an open approach to ''''''music''''' if you want to enjoy them

Meet the GTOs a good album by them?

Patti is and always was a writer before a musician. Her writing is incredible and it kind of accidentally landed her in the music world.

try Permanent Damage

Also imo it was the partly fact that she wasn't really a musician that she popped in and just did shit her own way and pushed the beat poet shit on

Also while you're at it Teenage Jesus and The Jerks is wild

Farewell Aldebaran is surprisingly underrated, I was shocked how poorly its rated on RYM since I would have thought it was exactly the sort of thing they would have voted as the best album of 1969

Lydia Lunch's 13.13 is her best album

RYM can't into good music

men are raised with a need to impress while women are raised with a need to be impressed

like with comedians. It's not that women are less funny, just that so few women found themselves became a funny person in life.
idk

Attached: 1476836764079.jpg (372x372, 36K)

Women are all about image. Why make art or even be a band member if they’re not going to be the singer/songwriter pop start they dreamed of since they were children. I’m sure you see them on instagram or snapchat singing the latest popshit song waving their fingers and shaking their head with attitude, like, you guys know what i’m talking about?

Not that women are inherentely vapid like this. It’s society that kinda imposes it on them. Most women’s role models would either be Nicki Minaj(singer sex symbol) or Kim Kardashian(america’s definition of beauty)

Attached: D6FCD1AE-5999-43F0-84C9-22689A02F50E.jpg (615x923, 96K)

Women inherently dislike anything threatening or challenging. They don’t get into new or different music like how men branch out.

Ooh I also forgot Buffy Sainte-Marie (listen to Illuminations, its godly)

Yeah, exactly what Hitchens meant. Not that they CANT be funny but that they generally aren't because they rarely need be. He loved Annie Lebowitz or however you spell that. It's not that women are less capable of being talented musicians there's just a tiny pool of them compared to men and if only 2% of male artists and 2% female artists are worth a damn, that 2% of males still works out to be a much much higher number, there's just such a bigger pool for males.

Also Patti was often working from a more androgynous perspective and that's probably one of the reasons she's always been one of the easier ones for males to get. I remember a lot of male PJ Harvey fans early on for the same reason, and media kept trying to compare her to Patti.

Feast your eyes on the 3 or 4 Pale Waves threads up atm, or the constant Lavren/Hayley shilling. It works. You know when a female musician is probably talented if she isn't overtly very attractive desu

More of the same takes skill, new takes talent

But Heather's not talented?
I think she's kinda cute though

Not raised, it's part of evolution. It's part of our brains. Men need to impress women, and the superior men will get children. We ruined this with a welfare state though. A lot of male insects play music/dance/sing to get females.

I mean she seems fine but do you think people would be as drawn to the music if she were a plain uggo? She's not bed but shedoesn't seem like a particularly amazing vocalist or anything. Even if the music was great, not as many people would even hear it without her face to draw em in. Hot females can be talented, but uggos are rarely complete shit imo

you stay the fuck away from patti with that bullshit faggot

thats it?
its fucking patti smith you dumbfagot fuck

She got loads of men to write her music

god you are a faggot fuck

Sort yourself out

Could be this, but also, there are just way way less women fronting music projects / making their own projects in general, so there are obviously going to be less good ones just by the numbers.

nice bait my man

fuck yourself idiot

>objectifying
t. dyed hair woman

I think Amy P is pretty funny.
Polite sage.

I love attractive women

Learn to format redditfag