Was this posted on Reddit or something? there have been sporadic threads about this for three days now

was this posted on Reddit or something? there have been sporadic threads about this for three days now

fuck off

Other urls found in this thread:

everything2.com/title/The Lord%27s Prayer%3A Pidgin English
bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34902244
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bBIubgsfK8E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wow welcome to last week OP you dumb fat american faggot

Can a linguist please explain what the fuck function "wey" serves in a sentence

Dis Spurdo Inglis? :DD

Here in Mexico, Its a way of calling someone dumb but in a friendly way, but careful, only use it with your friends because some people might get offended and can punch your face at the same instant you say it.

>be British
>de one we read de read well well

Linguist here, it is the proposition that

It obviously means "that"

It's threads like these that make me realise just how dumb the average imageboard poster is

I want this to be the future of mankind

How much money does the BBC get to waste it on this?

How do commercial stations compete?

>yfw you realise this post is in american pidgin english

you never heard of pidgin english before?

also the lord's prayer in hawaiian pidgin english:

God, you our Fadda, you stay inside da sky.
We like all da peopo know fo shua how you stay,
An dat you stay good an spesho,
An we like dem give you plenny respeck.
We like you come King fo everybody now.
We like everybody make jalike you like,
Ova hea inside da world,
Jalike da angel guys up inside da sky make jalike you like.
Give us da food we need fo today an every day.
Hemmo our shame, an let us go
Fo all da kine bad stuff we do to you,
Jalike us guys let da odda guys go awready,
And we no stay huhu wit dem
Fo all da kine bad stuff dey do to us.
No let us get chance fo do bad kine stuff,
But take us outa dea, so da Bad Guy no can hurt us.
Cuz you our King.
You get da real power,
An you stay awesome foeva.
Dass it!

everything2.com/title/The Lord%27s Prayer%3A Pidgin English

duh.
I used to go "it's just shitposting they aren't serious" but that was long ago.

Now fishing for (You)'s is the norm and the inability to even think past mashing [Post] in quick reply or even googling basic shit.

>How much money does the BBC get to waste it on this?
Nothing. It's the world service profits that generates the money for this.

>How do commercial stations compete?
Well they can compete by putting out their own service that caters to their demographics needs but the vast majority of stations don't have the reach nor the audience..

>This is what happens when there is no central authority to care for your mother tongue
Based spaniards.

It's not even the British/English's mother tongue though. This is a pidgin/creole whatever that was formed and developed in West Africa over centuries that bridged off from it

>Nothing. It's the world service profits that generates the money for this.
So all those Brits lied to me about having a television licensing fee? How rude.

>So all those Brits lied to me
Nope did some research. Should never have trusted a Canadian.

bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34902244
>The government is to invest £85m a year in enhancing BBC services around the world including in Russia, North Korea, the Middle East and Africa.
>And while the Government will be helping to pay the bills - editorial control remains entirely with the BBC.

BBC has a lot of ways to make money asides from the fee. Pidgin isn't even that exceptional of the many languages the BBC broadcasts it's stuff in.

The World Service subsidy is a very recent thing. Until then it was wholly the responsibility of the Foreign Office.

Yes they speak this in western and central Africa

>The World Service subsidy is a very recent thing
Just like BBC pidgin, coincidence? I don't think so Jim.

This, tho every Spanish speaking country, even LOS, hosts its own academy, it's the royal one that votes on any changes.

They keep the two services separate mostly

Difference is, when a bunch of niggers start messing up with your language, we don't call it "pidgin spanish" we call it portugese

Everything is becoming real.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bBIubgsfK8E

Pidgins origins are several hundred years old

>West African Pidgin began in the late 17th and 18th centuries as a simple trade language between Europeans and Africans. Combining basic nautical English vocabulary (itself derived from regional English variations) with the grammar and composition of languages of the various ethnic groups British traders encountered, it stripped things to the bare necessities

I think this has probably been in the works for a while. They want to roll out Igbo and Yoruba (might be spelling that wrong) versions next year too.

But why though

They have a viewer base.
Why does French Africa have one and France doesn't?

It's something of an open secret that the World Service is a propaganda arm of the government, or at least the Foreign Office. If you look at the languages that were discontinued recently they all relate to the Cold War, further back still and you can see other trends (such as German or Greek). So that's probably the sort of thinking that's went on here.

also cultural power.

Exactly, I mean I say propaganda but in this case it's buying mind share.

Why is this so funny?

oh my, is this the southerner portal for the BBC?

Is this newspeak?

All part of having good soft power.