After Sicario and Arrival, do you still have doubts this won't be pure kino?

After Sicario and Arrival, do you still have doubts this won't be pure kino?

Yes

Denis Villeneuve hasn't made a single memorable movie, it will get acclaimed but nobody will remember it

Why? My only pet peeve is no Vangelis which I'm a huge fan of, but it could work. I hope some of his themes are used. The trailer featured a remix of the Main Titles from the original.

He's an IMDBcore director who appeals to the reddit demographic of capeshit/star wars manchildren who want to appear patrician so they bandwagon his films, when in reality Villeneuve is as soulless and vacuous as your average Democrat voter

>He's an IMDBcore director who appeals to the reddit demographic of capeshit/star wars manchildren who want to appear patrician so they bandwagon his films

could you fit any more buzzwords into that sentence?

Sicario and Enemy are both memorable as fuck.

go back to /r/movies

>Le epic rival website may may xD
k

no
it's probably my most hyped upcoming film after The Avenging Silence

you can be hyped for a film and still be worried about it user

>Denis Villeneuve directing
>Roger Deakins as the DP
>Hampton Fancher again on the screenplay
>Johan Johannsson on the score
>Ryan Gosling as the main protagonist
>Ridley Scott as the executive producer

It's basically impossible for this movie to end up as a total flop, just can't happen on any level.

The least this film will be is mediocre, but there is no mediocre movie on Sup Forums, only "kino masterpieces" or "utter dogshit"

So it depends will it be closer to one extreme or another for a somewhat general Sup Forums consensus.

>but there is no mediocre movie on Sup Forums

It's true though, this film will be an utter waste of time unless it's a masterpiece and has something new to say that the original didn't. Incidentally this is why TFA was utter dogshit

>live for a finite amount of time in a finite universe
>accepting mediocrity
You shouldn't give a moment of time more than necessary to anything not fully worth it
Schopenhauer knew this

Really covered all the bases on this one. 'Millennial' is the only buzzword you're missing

>no vangelis
what the fuck

I was super hyped but now I'm worried

>buzzwords: the post

butthurt redditards spotted

I unironically think Villeneuve is one of the top 5 working directors.

It'll be like Denis Villeneuve's other movies, well made but not good enough to make you want to watch it more than once.

you actually cannot help yourself

for the record I too think blade runner 2 will probably be shit

Vangelis is long gone my friend, he didn't do anything relevant in a decade or two.

It's the same situation with John Williams where they expected of him to deliver a yet another "clasic" revolutionary soundtrack for TFA, but he has lost his ability long ago.

And it's better for Johansson to do it because it gives me hope that the movie will have it's own artistic integrity, while respecting the original.

Jesus christ... I was expecting "vapid", but you slid in "vacuous" instead. I hope you're behind multiple layers of irony.

>Vangelis is long gone my friend
Have you heard the new Rosetta album? It's great. I managed to snag one of the few signed copies (limited to 100).

and yet you post on Sup Forums

The TFA soundtrack was pretty disappointing. I was thinking "well if anything at least the soundtrack will be great" because it's Williams.

I liked a few of the themes in it but he just can't produce the utter classics that he once made. In the original trilogy and Indiana Jones for instance, virtually every second of the films have music that is iconic. Even the prequel films have great and memorable pieces.

TFA's soundtrack was a disappointment but I thought that of AOTC which was followed up by the soundtrack of ROTS which I thought was superb. So I'm holding out hope that his work on TLJ surprises everyone.

blade runner was such a milestone. I was hyped to watch because literally everyone was polishing its knob and was one of the worst movies I ended up sitting through. The day I learnt what pleb filter means and not to fall for tv memes such as 2001. If it stinks, it is shit, not delicacy. I don't need lots and lots of poop thank you.

There is no way anybody could get a 3/10 movie out of this shit, it is a train wreck. Avoid it.

no vangelis soundtrack?

nahhhhhh

>No noir
>No jazz
It's trash

Yeah, but it was still better than RO.

After Doctor Strange and Rogue One, I don't understand why people think Michael Giacchino is a good choice to take over after Williams.

>it will get acclaimed but nobody will remember it
Is it just me, or has that been a pattern of several releases over the years. Not just cinema, but music too.

I'm not waiting 32 year for this steaming pile of excrement to come out.

>Sicario

Umm, color me unimpressed.

Never got the praise for the thing.

>tfw you realize you have to watch all 2048 sequels to catch up
Fuck

Don't worry, Blade Runner 1003 through to 2048 have all been shit
This is sort of a soft reboot. You only need to watch up to 1002 which you should be able to do in a few months

edgy

The first one was shit, Ridley scott is a hack, dennis venleivnlious has not made a single great movie. The only scene I remember from any of his flicks is the spider scene in Enemy.

What do you like?

nothing tbqh

>as fuck
This site is 18+ kiddo.

Also Sicario is his best film.

Fug

>From the director of Prisoners

The most IMDB sensibility film made so far. Anybody who thinks that Prisoners is above mediocre is juvenile about the medium and entirely emblematic of the video game crossposter fueled downfall of this board.

Villeneuve is one of the biggest trashmasters working today, hack's hack. This is hot pocket: the movie. Cheeto dust: the flick.

IMDB "FILM BUFF" pleb fodder. If you like this film then you are an enemy of the medium.

>MUH BASED JAKE
>MUH BASED DEAKINS
>MUH DARK THRILLER
>MUH RELIGIOUS SYMBOLISM

All the memes are there, it's shit.
Blade Runner is gonna suck.

Y U SO MAD THO?