Watch a movie

>watch a movie
>forget the entire plot after 30 minutes
Is there something wrong with me?

Alzheimer's. Happens to me all the time.

you probably are not paying attention during the whole thing, probably your mind wanders and you do not focus

otherwise even a child can tell you a basic plot after watching a movie

I seriously cannot concentrate on movies most of the time, literally did not know wtf was going on in Civil War.

>forget the entire plot after 30 minutes
I'm a clinical psychologist. What you describe is a typical trait of autism spectrum. Please consult with a mental health professional.

the Union attempted to violate the rights of the southern states so the south attempted to leave to create their own nation but the north would'nt let them, resulting in the war.

btw the correct name is the War of Northern Aggression

What side was Iron Man on then?

You might be a woman.

The Union

the Confederacy created the first iron battleship with the CSS Manassas so them

But I do. I remember the entire plot while watching it, it just disappears after it's over. Maybe it was just an utterly forgettable movie.

>watch a film
>dont remember any of the characters names throughout the movie

does this happen to anyone else?

It's much worse in any of the post Lucas Star Wars, and shit like Game of Thrones

it's probably because you weren't into the movie in the first place, you probably picked it out of some pretentious tier list.

>watch a movie
>go back to browsing the internet every 5 minutes or so

I have a subpar memory, too, OP. It just means you're less in-tune with your environment and more contemplative and reflective.

I practically have no childhood memories; the ones I do have are fleeting, blurred and not at all episodic. It just means instead of giving a shit about what was going on around me, I was brooding over some shit. Is it autism? Maybe. But that's beside the point. There's nothing particularly wrong with you neurologically. In fact you probably have good semantic memory like I do.

>any of the post lucas star wars
so two whole movies?

true, when they mention someones name in game of thrones, unless its one of the main people i have to google them to see what that was

I don't forget the entire plot. I do forget all of the details.

I used to complain all the time about how weekly tv shows waste time giving a summary of what happened the previous week. I think I would be lost on some of the plot points without those summaries.

When I discuss movies that I have seen with my friends/co-workers, they seem to remember so many details. Details I have long forgotten.

On the bright side, re-watching movies and tv shows is enjoyable. I watched Daredevil season 1 over a month ago. I might go back and re-watch tonight.

Yeah. I'm also bad at faces, so movies where all the characters look almost the same and are only introduced once are almost completely impossible for me to understand
No, it was the accountant, /r9k/ said it was good.

Yeah. I don't really register names unless they are repeated to me often. I mostly just distinguish people by their faces, it happens to me in real life as well.

I meant post original trilogy

>dont remember any of the characters names throughout the movie
Oh yeah, this also.

If it's a post 2000 hollywood movie probably not.

I'm awful with names, but I'll usually recognize them by their faces. Makes discussing the film on the way out of the cinema pretty hard though.

TV shows are usually okay, I just realized maybe 30 minutes after watching this particular film I don't remember what happened. This guy is an autistic accountant and then he meets a girls and shoots some people and meets his brother

>so movies where all the characters look almost the same

lol, the departed. matt damon and leo look similar and are both rats for the other team, makes it confusing. then you have mark wallberg thrown in for good measure to confuse things further

>Aragorn and Boromir
>Pippin and Merry

>everyone who isn't Ludmila or Boris looks exactly the same