CAMERON: ALIEN COVENANT IS A PIECE OF SHIT

>Despite his appreciation for Scott’s film, he’s not sure this series has any gas left in it

>"The franchise has kind of wandered all over the map. I don’t think it’s worked out terribly well. I think we’ve moved on beyond it. It’s like, okay, we’ve got it, we’ve got the whole Freudian biomechanoid meme. I’ve seen it in 100 horror films since. I think both of those films stand at a certain point in time, as a reference point. But is there any validity to doing another one now? I don’t know."

is this a bait thread to start a shitstorm about Avatar and the last terminator, where he said in the promos of that movie that it was a wonderful film?

it's a thread to BTFO ridleyfags

Hes mad because his movie is just a shitty action flick while Alien is a timeless kino

That's not how it works cameron has made shitty flicks besides the terminator and the abyss

>ruin Alien and turn it into a franchise
>then talk shit about it

Aliens was both trash and the precise moment where the franchise went to shit, this nigga has literally no authority

Fuck off

SOurce?

But James is a Ridleyfag. He praised fucking Exodus: Gods and Kings.

The subtext I'm reading is "Nobody can make a film better than me after I've worked on it so don't even try."
Thats just my take though.

That was one of ridleys only recent decent ones

He even said in the part of the quote that the OP left out that he would line up for any Ridley Scott movie.

>hasn't made a decent film since T2.

Fuck this guy

It's a real quote and he's fucking right. There hasn't been a single good Alien film since Aliens and they destroyed whatever was left of it when Alien vs. Predator came out.

I'm not excited to see the new Alien film. Let's face it, the Alien mythology is definitely one of the weakest ones ever created.

i wonder if anyone actually read through all of it.
>Freudian biomechanoid meme

He was mastertrolling ridley and his fags

I still strongly believe James Cameron browses Sup Forums

Help getting Ralph Bakshi's Wizards 2 off the ground you hack fraud

is he, dare I say it?

See

He's more of a reddit guy.

yeah, except nobody would remember Alien without Aliens

He's got like 5 Avatar sequels planned and we've already seen Ferngully.

Nice bait. If you really believe that you are GONE

??
K kid

Prometheus was amazing they should of made a second one but you all hated that idea . now we get this garbage ass shit Prometheus would of been great .

Are you trolling? Exodus is one of his worst recent films. Maybe the director's cut is good but the theatrical cut is even messier than the theatrical cut of Kingdom of Heaven.

Why can't Ridleyfags accept that Alien is but a visual shell of a film and Aliens is the one that brought depth to the franchise?

>including my own Aliens, which was the legitimate sequel and, I think, the proper heir to his film. I sort of did it as a fanboy. I wanted to honor his film, but also say what I needed to say."

>we’ve got the whole Freudian biomechanoid meme.

damn, old people using young lingo speak is cringy as fuck

Exodus was better than that fucking Mars movie.

Exodus was fucking boring, had a few neat ideas and the trademark Ridley Scott quality standards, but it painfully looks like they cut out half of that film.

Ironically The Martian was the one that got an extended version, an whooping 4 minutes of additional footage.