Will we stay in the free market?

I foresee two options:

1. The EU is under pressure from the many other countries demanding their own exit, and realises it HAS to curb freedom of movement before the EU falls apart. Thus Britain stays in the single market.

OR

2. The EU says "nah, fuck you Britain", and we're left out of the single market, forced to make expensive trade deals. But we regain our borders, and other EU countries might get jealous and demand the same.

Which is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/p/boris-johnson-mp-nigel-farage-must-be-involved-in-the-brexit-negotiations-in-brussels
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The value of trade between the UK an the big players in the EU suggest the former.
The amount of tears from Europe right now suggest the latter.

I imagine they will realise that hurting themselves in order to punish us will destroy their union even quicker.

You wish, UK will break faster than the EU.

I wish what?

its just a game of chicken. Dave threatened referendum, they called his bluff. Now they are calling it again; if Dave doesn't trigger article 50 before he goes home on Tuesday they will invoke article 7 of lisbon and kick UK out.

Err asia wants to partner with us
A market thats only going to grow and pioneers high tech, high education and mass production.

This is why (((they))) want UK to hurry up and leave the EU, to impose some absurd demands during the negotiations. But if UK keeps pushing the date, then more nations will vote to leave the EU and the whole single market and geopolitical shitfest will collapse at last. Our mission after that is to ensure we take control of the media and replace central banks with true national banks.

Nice dubs.

It's funny you say this. The people who originally voted to join the common market 40 years ago have reversed their decision. It's almost as if we didn't get what we bargained for.

Those brussels snakes may have conned us once, never again.

Were you alive 40 years ago?

My parents and grandparents were.
What is it you think I'm wishing for btw?

The thing about this is, wasn't George Osbourne making all these deals with China before Brexit? Therefore why do we need Brexit? We could still have traded with them. Chinese investment in the UK over the Tory governments has soared

This is how I feel too.

I get that. But I'm worried that they will get their way, and the other nations won't follow through with their threats at all.

All of Sup Forums seems to be pretty much blind, at the moment, to the much much worse scenario that you can clearly see taking shape just from the reports in the mainstream media.
The "system" - and by that I mean a structure which subsumes and includes everyone from Corbyn and the angry trannies complaining about "being robbed of their future", through Boris Johnson and Michael Gove, to Merkel, Juncker, Schultz and Hillary Clinton - is plaining gearing up for what not even Sup Forums thought it would have the guts to do: i.e. just ignoring the will of the people expressed in the referendum.
For all the "broken promises" the butthurt Remainers have been banging on about, there is really only one key broken promise here: CAMERON HAS NOT ACTIVATED CLAUSE 50. All that would have been needed to do that is a letter, which could have been sent on Friday morning. But Cameron has pretty clearly implied that HE won't do it - even though he will remain the only person who CAN until he is replaced as Prime Minister, something that is likely months away.
But even if he is replaced sooner, by a snap party or by a snap national election, WHO ELSE on the current political stage is likely to do it? More and more people across the broad anti-Brexit political spectrum are plucking up the courage and the shameless to say that the referendum was non-binding and parliament can and must just override it. Heseltine has said it on the Conservative side; Tony Blair has said it is a "possibility"; the nigger who represents the niggers of Tottenham in parliament has said it straight out and rightly been called a fascist for it by Peter Hitchens. But Johnson and Gove, as everyone has noted, look as frightened by "their" victory as do the Remainers. They don't seem in any more hurry to actually IMPLEMENT Brexit - which would, as I say, only take a letter - than Cameron or than those who would rather than die than leave.
Who is left who will not only TALK about this but IMPLEMENT it? Farage?

Well you say this but it was always the plan to wait before triggering Article 50. Why the fuck would we want to do it immediately? Once we've done it we've only got 2 years, and if we haven't secured single market access or at least SOME sort of trade deals by then, then we're put on default WTO tariffs which are fucking expensive (or so I read).

>The thing about this is, wasn't George Osbourne making all these deals with China before Brexit? Therefore why do we need Brexit? We could still have traded with them. Chinese investment in the UK over the Tory governments has soared
Hey guys, I have a great idea, let's open free trade with a really low-wage country with a ridiculously strong manufacturing base, that will be totally cool for our own manufacturing base.

And in addition, we're this total banking power house because we're in the EU and everyone who wants to move money in the EU can just do it from London.

The EU is going to make an example of us. The terms will be punishing and severe because they are French and German.
Free movement of 'asylum seekers' will shortly take over the headlines and pressure on the UK when Paris style attacks become a more regular occurrence.
UK needs to stay strong and hold on till October.
I'm not sure on the legality of article 7, I think they are clutching at straws

There are so many possibilities and variables that predicting the outcome is impossible.

Will the EU collapse, and if so, when?
Who will lead the Conservative party, and what will be their position?
Will there be a General Election?
Will there be a second referendum?
When will we trigger Article 50?

Maybe, as a non-economist, I have no valid perspective on these things - but prima facie it seems to me that two years is a MASSIVE 'period of notice' that should surely be sufficient for ANY country to prepare for a radical change in terms of trade etc. It's not as if 'triggering' - i hate to use the term because of its SJW associations - Article 50 would result in an immediate exclusion so that Britain would have to adjust within a week.
The worrying thing about Cameron dragging his feet on Article 50 is that as long as the decision is still legally reversible the broad globalist-'progressivist' spectrum WILL try to reverse it. We have seen a dozen such attempts or declarations of intended attempts just in three days: the Scottish parliament's veto; the London parliament's declaring the referendum 'non-binding'; the ridiculous 'mass petition' for a second vote.
This wouldn't be so bad if the globalist elite didn't ALSO clearly include apparent Brexiters like Boris Johnson. It by now looks by no means unlikely that Johnson - if he is Prime Minister by then and leads the 'negotiating team' that Cameron envisages ONLY for October - will 'negotiate' something that looks a hell of a lot more like staying than leaving. he has long since declared that he is FOR mass immigration, which is what the huge majority of Leave voters voted above all AGAINST.
As long as Article 50, which I take it implies a clear and unconditional LEAVING - is not triggered, the space is open to turn 'leave' into 'remain' after all. And there is clearly no shortage of politicans waiting to do that.

>sterling will break faster than the euro

You're a daft one

B-but foreign investment
B-but London is the financial capital of the world

B-but I thought Merkel liked us
>UK needs to stay strong and hold on till October.
What will that achieve?

>Will the EU collapse, and if so, when?
Unlikely but I think there will be reform
>Who will lead the Conservative party, and what will be their position?
BoJo probably
>Will there be a General Election?
Could well be
>Will there be a second referendum?
I don't think so, I think they would sooner ignore this one than hold another one
>When will we trigger Article 50?
In a few months I would expect

But you're right they are all unknown really right now

Attempted bump

Britain loses more, mate.

- European hq branches of companies have to move Ireland
- London loses financial sector to Frankfurt and Paris

change.org/p/boris-johnson-mp-nigel-farage-must-be-involved-in-the-brexit-negotiations-in-brussels

Get this signed lads. The Conservatives care more about their popularity than our interests. They are clearly forming a fifth column against all us patriotic Britons, and they can't be trusted to ensure our post-Brexit demands are met. We have won the battle, but the war has just begun.
Our next aim should be to get Farage the platform he needs to speak for us. Boris will only go so far. Let's get the representation we deserve, and let's get Nigel the recognition he deserves. Our independent future will not be truly secure until we do.
Sign this petition, share it.
Join UKIP, vote UKIP.
With Labour in turmoil and the Tories divided over the Brexit issue, it's the perfect time for UKIP's ranks to swell.

P-please don't s-say things like this

I-it's still all g-going to be okay

They'll g-give us s-single market access I p-promise