Just watched this, what did I think of it?

Just watched this, what did I think of it?

You thought it wasn't that great because it was too depressing.

The movie got no emotional response from me actually.

Am I dead inside?

Was alright, the only scene I found moving was the scene with his ex-wife near the end. It was entertaining throughout which is a good accomplishment for a movie like this, but it was just good.

Boring.

I agree about the scene with his wife...but honestly I felt it just ended with nothing.

The entire time I felt like he had to move on and he just wouldn't. I couldn't root for him since I barely wanted him to feel better.

The last scene he had with the kid was pretty powerful as well.

It was a decent drama but nothing too stirring.

nice scenery, served the region well, guy must be gay for avoiding all that early film pussy, man feels, upset with ending or lack of, and will pick this over Moonlight cuz fuck we wuz and shieet

manchester by the sea more like MANchester by the sea!

no youre just sensible enough to not care for melodrama

It was good, I liked that it showed there are some things you just can't get over

This
>literally all of the protagonists kids die in a fire
>all fucking 3 of them
>not only that, but he's the cause of it

garbage

I loved it. instant favourite

Moonlight was better desu

t. watched them both today

How is that melodramatic? You're just describing the events that took place. If he had given an exaggerated emotional response to those events, sure, but being ridden with guilt for the years following it is very understandable.

I think it had a very realistic portrayal of grief. Rather than just be bawling and weeping, it's something that eats away at you and manifests itself in strange ways. There's some hurt that just can't heal. As a side note, some of the editing was weird. For instance when he got into the argument with the guy on the street who said 'nice parenting'; there was a shot of the dude walking away from them that made me think more was going to happen with the character, but then the scene just ended. It was just oddly superfluous. Also they used the same stock 'shocked crowd gasp' twice for the bar fights and it was pretty noticeable and amateurish.

You can't have an IQ above 100 and like this movie - fact.

That was a cameo by the director.

Utterly forgettable.

You miss the entire point of the film, why he dodged all the women etc?

He was dead inside

I deal with ptsd from a freak accident everyday and this movie is average as fuck. Patrick's gf drama was underdeveloped as well.

This felt kind of like a reversal of Leviathan.

Where Leviathan starts out with the guy's life in a pretty decent place and ending in a terrible place, this starts with his life in a terrible place and ends relatively optimistically, implying he's in a better place than at the start.

thoughts on sandy?

too much melodrama

it's melodramatic in that all that shit happened for the sake of drama, he had fucking THREE kids die rather than just so the film could be more depressing

>Just watched a movie
>Use newest meme format to trigger discussion

Too bad you can't make any intelligent comments about it to trigger some real discussion.

FOR U

No, I got the point. But if he really felt like he deserved the absolute little that he could allow to offer himself than he might as well just try to kill himself again.

People wanted him to get back on the right track, they wanted him to be the guardian, so when getting an extra room for the kid became an option then immediately shot down it makes it known that if you want to shut out the world and people around you they will do the same.

"rather than just one", I meant to type.

>implying there's anything to discuss about it.

That's not what melodramatic means. Are you aware that things like that happen all the time? The whole point of the film was that there are things so horrible that you just cannot possibly be expected to get over, and if only one kid had died it wouldn't have been as bad.