Washington Nationals @ Chicago Cubs Game 4 Official Gamethread

Cubs lead the NEETS 2 games to 1 and hope to close the series out at Wrigley today to punch their ticket to the NLCS for the third straight year. While the NEETs want to keep the series and their season alive for decisive game 5 in DC.
>Sixty percent chance of rain throughout the evening
>Jason Heyward is out and replaced by Javier Baez with Ben Zobrist now playing RF.
>Kyle Schwarber is looking for redemption after what happened in game 3.
>NEET's batting lineup has been shuffled.
>TBS announcers are still shit.

Washington Nationals
1. Trea Turner (R) SS
2. Jayson Werth (R) LF
3. Bryce Harper (L) RF
4. Ryan Zimmerman (R) 1B
5. Daniel Murphy (L) 2B
6. Anthony Rendon (R) 3B
7. Matt Wieters (S) C
8. Michael A. Taylor (R) CF
9. Tanner Roark (R) P

World Champion Chicago Cubs
1. Jon Jay (L) CF
2. Kris Bryant (R) 3B
3. Anthony Rizzo (L) 1B
4. Willson Contreras (R) C
5. Ben Zobrist (S) RF
6. Kyle Schwarber (L) LF
7. Addison Russell (R) SS
8. Javier Baez (R) 2B
9. Jake Arrieta (R) P

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=96yjSyNlj68
twitter.com/MuneKawasakiWB/status/786071367754063873/video/1
youtube.com/watch?v=Ocs3N5NorlU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good luck Nasts and Cubes,

I'm conflicted because I don't want to see the Nationals win and I don't want to see the Cubs win either.

we'll see how it comes down

Any nats fans want to join me in a suicide pact?

Bryce WILL NOT LET THIS TEAM DOWN

There's no way this game is going to get played

post yfw back2back

DC niggers > Chicago niggers
Chicago pizza = DC pizza

Not happening

Cusb dont get to see Roark

best rain delay ever

Go for whatever team the baseball God's choose if you're really that conflicted. If the game does it called, it means the God's favor the NEETs, if not, the Cubs.

Currently they're expecting it to be played with some intermittent delays, but not sustained and heavy enough to wash the game away.

Why even play this series when everyone knows the Dodgers are going to rape the winner?

>yfw back2back followed by another 108 year drought

because everyone knows the doyers are the decades biggest chokers

Yeah we raped the DBacks.

>we

>we

the whole national league bothers me, doyers, cubes, nasts. there is no middle ground. i'll have to pray to manfred and the gods on this

Who rain out here?
Just announced a delay

I hate baseball but I'm going to wagon the cubs because I have nothing in my life at the moment.

If the Doylers faced the NEETs, then yeah it would be a blow out. But when the Cubs defense and pitching clicks like it is right now, don't assume it's going to be a free win. A lot of people made that assumption that the NEETs would roll over the Cubs and they've been effectively shut out, sans one bad inning of relief for the Cubs.

Cubs get crazy good when their backs' are up against the wall. Just look at the playoffs last year or must win series against division opponents this year. The best example of clutch offense was in game 4 of the NLDS against the gnats where they outplay them on all possible levels right when the Gnats were about to ride the momentum to a game 5.
youtube.com/watch?v=96yjSyNlj68

Meanwhile the Cubs had the Boors and Tardinals nipping on their heels throughout the entire second half of this season, but in Cubs' final series against both of them, they just soundly beat both ball clubs down to secure the NL Central.

And while the NEET's bats have been cold, a major factor is that the Cubs pitching has really picked up and shut them down along with being supplemented by great defense. Don't pop the champagne just yet. You could end up getting burned like the Lndians are.

I could see it being a tough choice if you're an outsider. Doylers are both the Pay 2 Win franchise of baseball, but nothing to show for it because they are massive chokers. The Cubs are looking to set up a dynasty which would wipe away their lovable loser label and depending on how the team acts, could make them villains like what happened with the Red Sox, and the NEETs who are synonymous with choking as they dominate the NL East, but have never won a playoff series, and you just want one team to always remain crappy so you can feel good about your own team.

Yeah. Its definitely not happening.

Rain helped the Cubs last year, and hurts them this year.

Keep telling yourself that.

Bah, rain delayed just called.

Although, you get 2-3 hours of leeway before they call the game.

Although to note, you had the Cubs and NEET staff meet with MLB officials before they made the announcement, so they decided to just delay the start of the game and not cancel the game.

Still a decent chance it will start.

Cusbs

Everyone else will instead

Cubes

>sweeping the dbags is an achievement for the doyers

>Still a decent chance it will start.

They'd just say the game is canceled right so everyone can go home and not just sit around if that's the case AL fag.

Sure thing bud

Does anyone here know why the fuck the Cubes let Pena go? I don't recall him having any bad innings recently.

Even though he had a 95MPH fastball, he lacked consistency with his control, which was what bit him in the ass in lot of his outings. That got magnified by the fact that he was supposed to be a multi inning reliever like Monty. I could see the trade being cash only so they have more to pay Wade Davis to keep him on the team for a while longer since he won't command a king's ransom like Chapman would have.

Anyone see that aerial shot on TBS of the skyline of Chicago where the top of the Oil Standard Building was poking out of a cloud? It was like a work of art.

I'm really not interested in seeing another Dodgers Cubs NLCS

Ah, that's understandable I suppose. I've gotten pretty attached to the current Cubes roster, so seeing any of them go kinda sucks.

I hope the cubes win tonight and go on to anally sodomize the faggot doyers

>Pena kinda sucks

What kind of faggot wants the same team to win the world series again? Nationals would at least be something new.

>Nationals
>Winning in the postseason

I'd still rather see them progress than the cubs.

no one cares

tfw the cubes win

I sympathize, Travis Wood was my favorite reliever on last year's team and it sucked that he parted ways with the Cubs after they won. But he wanted to be a starter and that wasn't going to happen if he stayed in the Cubs organization. It was really unfortunate that he burned out and is bouncing around ball clubs now. Maybe he'll come back if the Cubs can get him for cheap and he realizes he's better in the bullpen. But this is a business organization at heart, if a player doesn't click and he isn't a core player, he's going to get dumped if things don't work out or there's no real place for them to fill, like with Pena and Kawasaki. At least we'll always have this video of the latter.
twitter.com/MuneKawasakiWB/status/786071367754063873/video/1

The only ones I can't stand are those who just become mercenaries and just go the team who will pay them the most, like Dexter Fowler did and Jake Arrieta will after this season. It's probably why I give people like Jason Heyward and John Lackey lots of leeway, because they gave up more lucrative contracts to play for the Cubs because they wanted to win rings.
>'I didn't come here for a fucking haircut'

how much did you pay Greinke again?

>implying you weren't one of the people who thought the Dbacks would sweep the Doyers

Not gonna happen!

Yeah, everyone already knows.

Now show it in motion, it's moving northeastern, so the worst of it will not hit Chicago.
They're meeting right now to decide if they should move ahead.

Since we're still in a delay and TBS cut the broadcast. Let's rewatch some of Cubs finer moments of the playoffs last year.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ocs3N5NorlU

t.icantreadtime

Game 4 officially postponed to tomorrow at 3:08 pm.

Looks like God is officially against the Cubs.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

damn that's gay. my nephew was going to his first playoff game.

This was clear to anyone with a brain over 90+ minutes ago.

>3:08 pm.
AFRICAN AMERICANS!

Had an opportunity to get the game in at one but (((TBS))) wasn't having it

>win by rain delay last year
>rain delay goes against them this year

CANCELED
A
N
C
E
L
E
D

>Cubs lose the series because of the rain delay.
>The City of Chicago goes to war with TBS because they vetoed starting the game at 1pm because of jew agreements.

Fox would have agreed to it, because they could see big picture that Cubs and Dodgers the revenge match would draw a lot more viewers.

>jew agreements
Don't make me hurt your pretty white ass.

While delaying the game clearly benefits the NEETs. it's not like they get a free win. Cubs already cracked Strasberg once and advantage always goes to the batters, the the more times they face a pitcher.

Also, remember last year when everyone, who wasn't on Sup Forums was saying Kershaw was going to deliver free wins for the Dodgers against the Cubs last year in the NLCS because they scheduled him to pitch two games. How did Game 6 work out with that?

Shut up you headless bitch.

Should I also add what happened to the Lndians' 'ace' pitching rotation when they faced the Cubs in the final 3 games of the World Series? Kluber getting clubbed was so satisfying.

Actually, this debate is completely meaningless.
>#Nationals Dusty Baker said twice: "We have full confidence in Tanner." who will be the starter in game 4.