/got/ general

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_the_Dome_(TV_series)#Ratings
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for the Florents

>mfw rickon and dickon become gay emperors of essos

just asked in the last thread..

does anyone have any good art of Rhaegal? or any art they wanna post?

First for breera

*farts*

SANSA WILL CROSSBOW HARALD KARSTARK.

Who and who?

Hail the queen

this show isn't on tv

why you retards keep posting

For breera

Reminder that nearly 50,000 words of TWOW have been released and NOTHING HAPPENS.

Jonsa

Modern day Isaac Hempstead Wright

So have we gotten an airdate yet?

Nope

Nobody cares, cry harder.

Does GRRM need to spell it out for you in exacting detail, autist? Like that girl you went on a date with who never called you back?

NEWSFLASH: He has lost interest in completing the series. He doesn't give a fuck anymore.

DEAL with it, figurine-collector.

this tbqh

>people still think TWoW is a thing anymore

So do you guys drink?

friendly reminder that the last POV of ASOIAF will be kevan

HEEELLOOO?! :^)

I haven't seen the show but I have the first book and so far I'm hooked.

Azor Jaime!

Put it down and fucking walk away while you still have the chance.

dont watch the show unless you're prepared to be dissapointed

or you could form your own opinion and not just say it's bad because Sup Forums told you to

friendly Reminder that the last POV chapter in ASOIAF will be The Forsaken

sure, but its very likely that if you read the books then watch the show you're going to be in for a dissapointment

Yeah. Whiskey+diets right now.

I don't know what the fuck happened to my Plex but I just want to go to my couch and watch GoT but it's so fucking sluggish in the past two weeks. Something got fucked with casting my server to my TV and it's really grinding my gears.

Oh you fucking contrarians are autists who can't be pleased in the slightest, the show is unironically fine with some minor issues that every show faces when it is super popular and goes on for a while.
>inb4 the show is the worst thing ever *farts*

the show was mostly fine up until season 5, then it went full retard

I don't even agree with that, you are just parroting what you heard to fit into Sup Forums. Show still remains highest rated program in the world.

im not parroting, D&D butchered so many plot lines and character arcs post season 4 that the show went to shit
decline in good actors and costume design didn't help either

The show is the show, books are the books. Two different animals. S4 on wasn't honestly that bad in context of the show's universe.

>it's ok that it's garbage because it's not the books

what did he mean by this?

Except it's not garbage, fuckface. Lay off the memes and go outside.

I agree, season 4 wasn't that bad at all, I said post season 4.
It isn't about the show not copying the books word for word, it's the fact that they make retarded, nonsensical jumps in storytelling, completely brush important plot points under the rug and force contrived fanservice at the expense of character and plot development.

And I just disagree

fair enough, I'm not stopping you from enjoying the show, but the decline in quality is pretty obvious imo

Season 4 wasn't bad. It was fine. Season 5 is laughable and season 6 is unwatchable.

i literally just said season 4 wasn't bad
does nobody understand what "post" means in this context?

It was poorly written pandering garbage with high production values

It is an opinion that it dipped in quality, not an objective fact

sure, if you like poorly written shit, then it didn't drop in quality at all

>parroting Sup Forums am I cool yet?
How about you formulate a more detailed opinion there bud?

I am the Sup Forums

I don't think you know what an opinion is...

Has that fatass made any progress on TWoW? It's going to be a 2020 release at that point. I don't plan to live that long but I want to know what really happens to Aegon and if he gets eaten by a dragon.

Nope.

Expect it to be somewhere in mid-to-late June or very early July.

Ah, so you are much different from the crowd that eats up every piece of shit their given without even waisting a thought about it as long as their fotm product name is on it. I almost forgot the "badass" action and stronk wominz, thats also what you tards love.

Or maybe you shouldn't embarrass yourself by clumping any remotely positive opinions together into a meme? You turbofaggot. I like the show for what it is, I criticize what I don't like, I note the things I do. You need to get off this Malaysian may may site for toddlers and realize that it isn't only "love it/hate it" in the world. Some of us are capable of creating our own opinions independent of what pedos tell me online.

>I don't plan to live that long

Why not?

Got nothing to live for or is your life really really exciting?

>ratings are indicative of quality

>implying there has ever been a real problem with stronk women
Unless you are a self-conscious threatened virgin, I don't get how this has ever been an argument

>ignore ratings, they are not indicative of people watching or liking something in the slightest because Sup Forums believes so
Right, just like The Force Awakens is a flop

Im 80

No, they are indicative of popularity and people (for the most part) won't actually watch something that is total shit. But please meme more "against the grain" fedora tippage at me about how I'm apparebtly wrong

right, so big bang theory is actually patrician comedy

my god will the reddit shills just close the tab and go to bed since you have no other plans on a friday night

>g-guys i h-have my OWN OPINION u-unlike you l-loser

Wew, its almost like youre trying to defend your favourite tv show while giving me (as you probably call it) advice about life.See its okay to like got. I enjoyed parts of it, but claiming that the seasons after S3 are good is a bit of a reach for me.

Fucking Christ, stop using autistic terms like "patrician" for a second and deal with the real world for a second, if something sucks, chances are nobody is watching. That is tue golden rule. You can't meme a show into popularity. It doesn't work like that. Now I know this is gonna make your sausage fingers shake on the keyboard, I bet you are getting ready for a copy-paste about how Transformers yadda yadda or some autism about how only a few true scotsman reall know what is """kino""", but I assure you that reality is a little less complicated. People are never going to be forced to give you ratings. Shows die fucking constantly, so it means something to attain the level of visibility that GOT has. People like you are pollution with garbage empty opinions with no real depth outside of the hivemind others tell you to hate or like.

yeah this dabid apologist is getting annoying

You're definitely wrong if you think seasons 5 and 6 weren't much worse than the preceding seasons.

I didn't day that, I said that weren't that horrible overall. You faggots can't handle contrary opinions in the slightest. Half of you kiddos think Rogue One was a masterpiece. A bunch of fucking idiots.

>80
>posting on Sup Forums

Sure you are

>and people (for the most part) won't actually watch something that is total shit

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH FUCK MANG YOU ARE NOT ACTUALLY JUST MEMEING AROUND AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well, that is why we have a wors for this...called an opinion.

But this is true...you need to live in your own constructed reality to disagree. You ever work in television? Do you even know how ratings work?

"quality" in this context is an opinion, and you can back up an opinion with reasoning, for example I can try to justify my opinion that a show has declined in quality because "x character did something totally out-of-character and nonsencial for no reason other than to force the plot along" or "the showrunners completely ignored this important plotpoint that they established earlier" and other shit like that
"lots of people like it" isn't reasoning

Wow really? Its like i was giving my opinion to your opnion while you were mad about the fact that not everyone agrees with your opinion.
MIND FUCKING BLOWING

>"quality" in this context is an opinion
Sure, but ratings aren't. Chances are, if people are watching it, something works. So ratings are in many ways tied to the general feelings and attitudes towards the program. If that faulters, ratings fall...you just don't understand how anything works.
shit like that
>"lots of people like it" isn't reasoning
When the argument is about the show being popular and people watching it because it has a level of acceptable quality to keeps the ratings high, yes...yes it fucking is you halfwit. You just don't like admitting that. Sup Forums always has this problem with popular media

This.

Take Under the Dome for example. Season 1 was well-received. Lots of people were watching it. But as the quality of the show declined, people stopped watching. There's a clear downward trend in viewership.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_the_Dome_(TV_series)#Ratings

>"quality" in this context is an opinion

And apparently popularity means quality ? Thats what you were saying before, right? So hol up, is you telling me that them Fast n furious sheet and transformers is actually a 10/10 classic masterpiece!!?So because them people like them movies you is telling they is good?

The argument was never about whether the show was popular, dumbshit.

the shit keeping the show popular is fan service and good-looking action scenes and the occasional tits and ass quota
that's what people like, that's what keeps people watching it and the ratings high
believe it or not, but quality writing isn't necessary to keep a show popular for a few seasons once its already established a massive fanbase

Yes, it was.

no it wasn't, it was about quality, not popularity
they are not one in the same

Quality is an opinion-driven idea in your context, it isn't tangible how yoi want it. What you are saying is not a real argument since it makes assumptions for you; assuming that tits and action are the ONLY thing keeping people watching just tO make your argument stand up. These types of conversations are autistic

You literally responded to somebody talking exclusively about quality. Just stop posting before you embarrass yourself further.

Talking only about quality is a meme conversation, the question then becomes about the mutual relationship between quality and ratings...which fucking exists, unless you are 13 and formulated an entire worldview around what Sup Forums incorrectly tells you.

And I explained why that was dumb on its own.

>You faggots can't handle contrary opinions in the slightest. Half of you kiddos think Rogue One was a masterpiece.
>You faggots can't handle contrary opinions in the slightest. Half of you kiddos think Rogue One was a masterpiece.

>apparently popularity means quality ?
It is related, yes
>you telling me that them Fast n furious sheet and transformers is actually a 10/10 classic masterpiece!!?
I'm telling you that they are passable enough to make money. Brand recognition qnd marketing had more to do with Transformers being a global cashgrab more than quality explicitly. Are they completely horrible? No, probably not...since people went to see them. The last few Transformers movies made less money though.

Is this an argument?

and you're assuming that people are still watching the show because the writing is still good
are you the same fucker who said "stop using autistic terms like patrician" and are now calling a discussion about writing quality "a meme"?
there are a million ways you can talk about writing quality that doesn't involve "hurrr da show is popular"

>and you're assuming that people are still watching the show because the writing is still good
You haven't given me a reason to rule that out besides you just wanting it to be true to fit your retardo argument
>there are a million ways you can talk about writing quality that doesn't involve "hurrr da show is popular"
Yes, I really wish you were capable of actually talking in depth about writing quality, but all you want to do is spiral back to "writing is bad because I want it to be". So what's the point?
>don't use the word meme
Then produce a real argument that isn't a meme you filthy clod

>and you're assuming that people are still watching the show because the writing is still good
if the writing was bad, then people would stop watching.

Idk what this point is, are you having a stroke? Do you find Rogue One to be a masterpiece?

>claims others cant handle contrary opinions
>splergs because other people have contrary opinions on a movie

i havent even watched a star wars movie in my life you turboautist

>I have to believe that you explaining your opinion I have been shitposting at like retard is you "sperging"
Right, dismiss an opposing opinion.

>Yes, I really wish you were capable of actually talking in depth about writing quality, but all you want to do is spiral back to "writing is bad because I want it to be". So what's the point?
And all you're fucking doing is saying "writing is good because show is popular"
I haven't been talking about the actual depth and quality of writing because you never gave me a reason to, all you've been doing is going on about how everyone who thinks the writing has gone to shit is just being a contrarian and how you're apparently the only one with your own opinions.
Do you want actual examples of dabid's shitty writing?

imagine being THIS fucking mad that people dont like your meme tv show

>calls you a turboautist
>copy pasted a post multiple times for no real reason, like a turboautist
Go lay down

>IF YOU LIKE WHAT I DONT LIKE YOU ARE MAD TEEHEE

>Go lay down

I already told you to go to bed middle schooler, stop mimicking other people like an uncreative child

imagine being THIS fucking mad that people don't share your opinion about a tv show

Different user. You have real problems if you need to copy paste something that frequently and yet have nobody understand what the goddamn point was