UEFA Qualification Discussion

(Replacing due to inaccurate page image)

So that's most of that out of the way.

Who will be missed the most next year? Who are you most surprised made it? Who are you happiest didn't make it? Who'll win the play-offs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hts8nmrMzfo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Slovakia

looks so humiliating there :(

so it looks but they actually classified, it seems

Bosnia

ps: isn't it pretty convenient Ukraine is not classified? :D no political drama there

Too bad that Wales didn't make it. Them and Iceland were the most entertaining teams of the Euro

any chance of N. Ireland vs. Ireland?

>iceland
>serbia
>england
euro qualis are a joke

No big surprises except Wales and maybe Netherlands

I'd like to thank Scotland for fucking up Slovakia, but then having the good nature to fall on their sword and make way for their Celtic cousins.

You're not genetically inferior in my book laddies. Bravo.

press I to congratulate iceland for their first WC qualification.

We don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Hopefully we will be raped by whatever team we meet.

Lot of people said same for Costa Rica.

Good old Swedish national pride

i'm totally not confident in our ability to pass the playoff with this shit coach desu

Lets laugh at the confirmed sides who are out

Hahhahahahahahahaahhahahahah

Feels bit bad for Serbia

But still.. hahhahahahaahahaha

>any South American team except Brazil

Can't wait for the updated FIFA rankings lads

No, both unseeded.

I want Switzerland or Denmark.

When is the draw for the play-off?

next Tuesday

17. October if I remember well.

>one week to rig it

OOF! OOF!
i mean, I

N. Ireland vs Ireland
Denmark vs Sweden
Italy vs croatia
Greece vs switzerland

the amount of salt resulting from this would be endless.

takes a while to heat those balls up

thx

it is a bit unusual and weird that they wait with it for one week, you'd think they'd want to sell the tickets for the games ASAP

>San Marino
>Azerbaijan
ABSOLUTELY BTFO

I

the irish derby is impossible as both countries are not seeded, just like italy and croatia can't face each other because they both are seeded

Luckily we got seeded, but we'll probably lose to N. Ireland. Best play-off would be Sweden or Ireland

So who is seeded and who is not?

cuck

how in the fuck are we still in it and not holland?

can sweden and denmark face each other tho?

Switzerland, Italy, Croatia and Denmark seeded, the rest are unseeded

Seeds are determined by the ranks on the FIFA rankings, so the 4 best teams are seeded and can't meet each other

>Romania and Wales were first seeds in their group

Nice reminder for the memers who say 1st seed is a free ticket (that Swedecuck mostly)

>Seeded:
Italy
Croatia
Switzerland
Denmark

>not seeded
Sweden
Ireland
Northern Ireland
Greece

Yes, and we probably will, like we did it in the Euro playoffs in 15

yes, Denmark is seeded

Cool. Tnx Bro.

Who's the best and the worst seeded and unseeded team?
Am i right hoping for N. Ireland?

In an alternate timeline, those were the euro qualifyers. All firsts and seconds qualified.
The three best thirds (Netherlands, Scotland and Wales, I suppose) qualified directly and we would have the playoffs to discover the last three teams-
>Ukraine x Hungary
>Bosnia x Albania
>Choke Republic x Montenegro

netherlands

youtube.com/watch?v=hts8nmrMzfo

We're the worst team so you should hope for us.

No. It is already decided by FIFA that we must always face the toughest possible competition because FIFA hates us with a passion stronger than the force of the sun, so we will meet Italy.

Best seeded Italy, Croatia, Switzerland, Denmark
Best unseeded Sweden, North Ireland, Greece, Ireland

You guys and the Swiss are obviously auto qualifiers.

Worst teams have to be Ireland and Greece. But especially Greece.

Greece is probably a bit worse, but from a neutral viewer's standpoint a matchup between Italy and Greece would be like hell, a boring as shit defensive hell, so let's hope we can avoid that....

nice, can't wait for the salt flow on play offs

>Sweden vs. Denmark
>Ireland vs. Italy
>Croatia vs. Greece
>Northern Ireland vs. Switzerland

i can see the memes now

Sweden had the toughest group out of any of the #2 place teams

Only meme draw would be Denmark-Sweden

We’re quite bad but seem to be working off meme magic like Iceland

Denmark is the only inferior team to ours and they like offensive play. Once they meet a decent defence, since none of Poland/Romania/Montenegro have anything close to us they ll probably be anxious since they can't score.
Switzerland better not. I d rather have Croatia who are not performing.

>You guys and the Swiss are obviously auto qualifiers.
We are VERY bad at the moment, tied at home with FYROM and scraped by 1-0 against Albania in our last two matches. And got spanked by Spain too. I'm relly not confident in our team for this upcoming games

>Scandinavian Derby
>Catholic Derby
>Mediterranean Derby
>erm...the derby of the remaining countries?

Sensinibowl

Derby of landlocked country and one that is not.

You'll be fine against everyone but Sweden.

This is true. Our defense is really good too, especially with Simon Kjær as captain. Us drawing each other would make for the two most boring play-off matches.

I've got a strong feeling we'll get Italy, alright. Have since yesterday. Wouldn't fear Italy the most though. Their whole "soak up pressure" approach doesn't work against >us.

Would be worst to get Croatia I think. They're exactly the sort of team that would tear us apart.

We always do

Costa Rica is shit and everybody knows it. The thing is everybody in CONCACAF (including Guatemala of course) is also shit and even shittier. They were lucky in 2014 Italy and England were also top shit. They just have a good GK and a few relatively competent outfield players.

>Ireland vs. Italy

The New York Derby

Ireland v Italy will happen. It'll be all matey with great atmosphere and a general 'we love the pope' feeling. Then Italy will cheat, and knock Ireland out.

Amerifat ruins the thread

>they actually classified
What does that mean?

I hope that Switzerland and Sweden get knocked out.

>Scandinavian Derby
>Catholic Derby
>Mediterranean Derby
>derby of fuck northern cucks and they get knocked out by best seeded team other than croatia

well not sure if shopped or confirmed but that wikipedia chart says that Slovakia might be the ninth runner up, that's why it's not among the other second places

Please lose weight before posting in these threads.

They are the 9th runner up, they are out

I think this dude wants to say disqualified but can't speak proper english.

Qualified is clasifica in Spanish, they always make that mistake, it's cute

"Classified" is similar to the Spanish word for "qualified".

>Croatia not part of the Catholic derby

I thought it sounded strange, I mean every team has been classified as finishing in a particular manner, even the bottom teams

You are not allowed to talk about this in Greece though. It's classified.

I was just thinking what would happen if Italy didn't qualify. They only missed it once in 1958 and won four times.
Imagine a world cup without Italy and Argentina.

But you bite the pillow and take it raw anyway, Björn, not expressing your anger like an Amerifat finding out European restaurants don't offer free refills. I respect that. Best of luck.

>Costa Rica is shit
>First in the group D
>not lose a single match and be eliminated only by penalties
>the pathetic excuse of "Italy and England were also shit"
Fuck off GuatemalANO, Costa Rica isn't like El Salvador or Honduras

this
McClean and Ireland aren't gonna electrify the tournament.

would make it whiter tbqh

The same reason they were still in until the final seven years ago while you were not. Us.

If we didn't take that last minute blooper from Lloris, Sweden would have two points less.

irish people are much more entertaining than welsh people though

>implying

I didn't know Iceland did so well. Nice

We should have qualified we were better than you.

>Group F

The battle for 2nd place turned into a war of attrition the likes of which we shall never see again. In the end, through our misdeeds and sins we all managed to poison the chalice, those who fell made it clear, yes we may fall into the depths of hell, forsaken to sit at home and watch Russia18 on the telly but be sure of this, we're taking you down with us.

>Slovakia
>Scotland
>Slovenia

Goodnight sweet princes.

Thanks for the opportunity Scotland. Couldn't have got this far without you. We'll do our best for you in play offs.

>all these newfags thinking hungary, wales, albania will qualify

need to find post euro16 pics about the predictions