N
E
S
T

Translation of what OP means:

>I'm a massive faggot

LITERALLY HITLER

Why does Sup Forums hate it?

I didn't want to hate it but I did because it's shit.

I fucking hate when Hollywood sucks its own dick. Award Shows Where Award Shows Win Awards: The Movie.

The bitch leaves our first guy for the piano man
Piano Man is too poor for her
Piano Man is why she got famous
She left them all in the dust

This is a fairy tale for hoes

Hey I saw the RLM review too! Isn't Jay hilarious??

the movie is about chasing your own dreams, they helped each other find something that was bigger than their relationship.

The cunt left him to get rich and settle down with that rich man dick.

This is a movie to make hoes feel good about themselves.

it's dishonest i mean are we really supposed to believe that a white man can play jazz music? everyone knows white people are too awkward to handle the complex rhythms and too goofy to express the soulful emotion required in jazz.

and are we honestly supposed to think that emma stone would choose some boring bland white guy when john legend was right there? the dishonesty of this film is unbelievable!

then you didn't understand the movie kiddo.
The movie isn't about finding love.

so whats the premise?

if you want the coles notes version
this guy nailed it

It was a magical experience, I almost teared up at the end.

the fuck am I seeing here

beatiful movie

I hate musicals and I cannot believe how much I enjoyed this movie, left the cinema feeling on extasis.

emotions, editing, music, cinematography, even the way they handle the drama, is amazing.

Some people dislike when it stops been a musical for a while but I think that's on purpose because it matches with their charecters losing their happiness.

Bravo, I still cannot tell why I liked so much, maybe because of the way it is made.

Nah

did you guys see this by yourselves or did you go with someone, if so who?

this seems like the type of movie youd only go see with your girlfriend

>he didn't go see it with his mom
Don't you care about her user?

Jazz serves a cultural function in the music scene. It is a signifier for musical "adulthood." To embrace jazz is to don a kind of graduation cap, signifying a broadening of tastes outside "mere" rock music. This ostentatious display of "sophistication" is an insult, and I find the graduation cappers transparent and tedious. Certainly there must be interesting music one could call "jazz." There must be. I've never heard it, but I grant that it is out there somewhere.

Jazz has a non-musical parallel: Christiania, the "free" zone in Copenhagen. In Christiania, like in jazz, there is no law. People are left to their own inventions to create and act as they see fit. In Jazz, the musicians are allowed to improvise over and beside structural elements that may themselves be extemporaneous. Sounds good, doesn't it? Freedom -- sounds good.

The reality is much bleaker. Christiania is a squalid, trashy string of alleys with rag-and-bone men selling drugs, tie-dye and wretched food. Granted Total Freedom, and this is what they've chosen to do with it, sell hash and lentil soup? Jazz is similar. The results are so far beneath the conception that there is no English word for the dissappointment one feels when forced to confront it. Granted Total Freedom, you've chosen to play II V I and blow a goddamn trill on the saxophone? Only by willfully ignoring its failings can one pretend to appreciate it as an idiom and don the cap.

jazz btfo

>musical
>dance
>emma stone
>ryan gosling in a non-autistic role

i'd rather watch step up 8

do they have to pass a fucking diversity quota to get nominated for awards or something? Every second couple was interracial.

i saw gone girl with my mom actually

Can we agree that Someone in the Crowd is the best song?

No, there was exactly one (1) good song and it was City of Stars

It's the uptown funk of movies

I'm not gona watch a musical

>ryan gosling in a non-autistic role

but he has an autistic role

I went with a friend.

Not trying to be anti wiminz but in what way did she help him get his club? The only thing that cones to my mind is when she made him join this band because he overheard her ranting to her mom how poor and unsuccessful he is. Yeah, this is totally on the same level as him encouraging her and driving long distances to tell her she got an audition. Bravo Chazelle

originally, the word masterpiece was only ascribed to a work of an artist that allowed their transition into "masterhood".

nowadays the word means "really f*cking good" or alternatively "the best f*cking movie ever", and kind of has lost both its original meaning and all real emphasis since people are quite liberal with its use.

the funny thing is La La Land is neither of these three things, because it's a mediocre as fuck movie that for whatever fucking reason is being praised like as if it were today's Citizen Kane*.

oh, I can definitely think of a couple of reasons, but who really fucking knows what goes on in the minds of normies...
1. it's hip, it stars hip actors, and is overall a really safe movie that deals with safe concepts, that also happens to look really pretty. therefore it is understandable that normies would like it.
2. jews are pushing for this movie so hard (if the 14 nominations aren't enough to convince, just look at all the shilling they've done over the months of last year) that people have deluded themselves into thinking this is a "great" movie.

:^)

*if you don't think Citizen Kane is a great movie, that's beside the point. But regardless of the point, if you don't think it is, you're a fucking idiot who doesn't know good cinema when they see it.

Where did he write it is about love?
Cunt leaves for Paris and immediatly settles down with new guy since they both have a child that can speak and is obviously not a baby anymore yet only 5 years have passed. It is just another case of a roasty leaving the cock caroussell to settle down with a guy who can provide wealth.

>song deals with finding a beta orbiter in crowd to settle my roasty roast with
>she leaves bf1 for piano dude
>leaves piano dude for suave dude and immediatly has a kid with him despite the fact she just separated from love of her life piano dude

Is this song a, dare I say it, premonition to the events that will unfold due to roasty stone's egoistical cravings?

have you seen it?

Not giving money to Hollywood anymore. I'll wait for the torrent.

That's Hollywood dream: money and fame is all the matters. Love is always a problem to get your dreams.

City of Stars obviously is best best song but next would be Someone in the Crowd

Lie Lie Land is a live-action Disney movie. Except Disney movies have better soundtracks, characters, and the struggles faced by those characters aren't fucking retarded. Hollywood hasn't put out a movie this self-masturbatory since The Artist. It is honestly unbelievable how shallow this garbage is.

>dude just follow ur dreams no matter how delusional

The movie justifies this idiotic moral by having the characters achieve their insipid dreams through luck and happenstance rather than hard work. Mia shits out a single one-woman show and does one performance of it; of the 8 people in the crowd, one is a casting agent who falls in love with her and delivers her an A-list acting career on a silver platter. Seb's friend bumps into him, and immediately offers him a job. Following that, despite the decline of jazz in LA and having no experience running a business, Seb ends up owning a hugely successful jazz club. I am sure it is very easy to romanticize succeeding in Hollywood through dumb luck when the people making the film did just that.Many of the scenes in the film were homages, but it doesn't justify them. The overlong scenes of Seb and Mia dancing against romantic backgrounds get old very quickly, and just hammer home the fact that there is no substance to this film. It is also surprising that the relationship at the core of this film only came about due to coincidence; these two run into each other 3 times for no reason other than convenience for the writer.

Chazelle obviously has the self-awareness to realize how saccharine and empty the movie was. In order to make it seem like something other than a sugary bowl of sunshine, he attempts to give it a "bittersweet" ending, but he even fails here -- both characters get everything they wanted out of life.

>b-but they don't end up together, they were meant for each other

You have to be a teen girl to even consider this line of thinking.
3.5/10 - at least it looked good

kys moron

>
>it's dishonest i mean are we really supposed to believe that a white man can play jazz music? everyone knows white people are too awkward to handle the complex rhythms and too goofy to express the soulful emotion required in jazz.

>>ignorant prick

More like a disasterpiece.

>wahhhh nobody likes my shitty movie

>nobody
Fucking tryhard contrarian moron

>he thinks he's watching a documentary
TOP KEK

saw it with my girlfriend

Couldn't watch it... As soon as they broke into the first show tune it was time to turn off.. Fucking musical pish flaps

This film is pure shit 3.5/10

If you liked it you have awful taste

This

He himself(Chazelle) has said that Musicals can be ugly so he wanted to avoid a traditional musical. But he wanted to resurrect the musical too in the fashion of the films of the 30s and pay a tribute to them as well.

How self-contradictory can a film get? The answer is La La Land.

>No sex scene.
>Masterpiece.

emma has no elegance. tries to be funny like it's easy A but just comes across inconsistent. neither are good singers or dancers. last middle portion where it forgets its a musical. generic piano track. ham fisted ending. it’s really poorly made and casted. but thrives off its premise and intention.

The bravely blue film, that is La La Land, is equal, in many ways, to other dramatically blushing flicks such as The Shawshank Redemption, The Godfather and the award winning, and bravely attractive, 12 Angry Men. La La Land is a alert take on society with its Interstellar-esque artstyle that dramatically plays with the blushing cinematography in a Steven Spielberg inspired way. La La Land is a beautiful 9.86/10.

Dishonestpiece

>overheard her ranting to her mom how poor and unsuccessful he is

BITCHES AND WHORES

Emma was terrble so disappointed

i had the same feeling as when i saw whiplash.

great idea but mediocre actors and some key moment in the plot that is badly written in . in whiplash it's a literal car crash

Yea the concept was nice but why hire gosling and stone who are devoid of acting and singing chops or whom have no chemistry together. I'm pretty sure they did two movies before this and thry proved back then that they had no chemistry and were a boring mess on screen