Why does Asia has many population compared with other regions?

Why does Asia has many population compared with other regions?
For example in here(east Asia),China-1.38 billion,Japan-127 million,South Korea-51 million,Taiwan-20 million.
So I was surprised there are many Scandinavian here although all their population has only about 25 million.

Rice

major river = agriculture + pocket geography

mesopotamia and egypt would be full to the brim if they weren't constantly invaded by neighbors

Four seasons

Rice is harvested 3 or 4 times a year, compared to wheat only 1 time, that added to the subtropical or tropical climate with abundant rainfall and large areas and fertile plain.

The living conditions for survival of the region is actually more blessed and ideal than anywhere else in the world, especially in terms of food supply and clean water availability.

Also the mountainous characteristics have made the population concentrated and propelled urbanizing

rice growing region in china is very small
before modern genetics most ate other grains like wheat

Half china
Just the region where live majority of their population

Because Asians did not do wars unlike Europeans.

majority now, back then it was north between the yangtzi and yellow river, most of the crop was millet sorghum and soy

Because Europe has lots of smaller nations that compete with each other and that competition drives progress because countries don't want to fall behind their rivals.

Meanwhile Asia had a big giant stagnant piece of shit by the name of China which is why they got Opium War'd and stealth-colonized

The areas that have traditionally been cultivated rice are the most populated areas of the world, does not tell you anything?

How else do you explain that demographic difference between East Asia and the rest of the world?

Smaller animals fuck more

it's not because of the crop but because of the need to cultivate crop

lets put our thinking caps on

rice is different from wheat in that it needs constant attention, the fields needs to be flooded half the year, not just some field to be tilled every year

it requires tremendous manpower and irrigation logistics, all rice regions also have extensive canal systems for transportation and irrigation

all these needs incredible large bureaucracy and manpower and cutting time and resources for war

And? The important thing is that rice can be harvested many times a year, that is what determines that there are food surpluses and its population can grow quickly.

it's only twice in a good harvest

The length of time from establishment to harvest is known for each variety. It may vary a little depending on the growing conditions especially water availability and solar radiation. Normally short duration varieties take 100−120 days, medium duration 120−140 days, and long duration 160 days plus.

probably cultural reasons
i was an only child and my parents keep nagging me to earn more and have 2 kids

China is not India it's not summer all year

Europe:
>You sooo strong, you work all by yourself!

Asia:
>You sooo weak, you must make more kids to help you!

Lol. Ok, rice is not the reason for the high population.

I'm waiting for you to tell me the real reason.

i did all the way up

Where? The first post on thread? Lmao
This is not an argument.

rice farming in those places are thousands of years but major population boom came much later

although rice is a crop in those places so are wheat and various other grains, rice is just a supplemental crop, sub sahara has plenty of rice too much no where near the population

it is an evidence of large population but not the cause of it

>major population boom came much later
When? Why?

STRONGEST RACE

800s 1200s 1600s 1800s

assimilation of other ethnics, opening up more land, major canal works, bureaucratic and land management reforms

>rice farming in those places are thousands of years but major population boom came much later
Nice argument, same as saying nothing
>although rice is a crop in those places so are wheat and various other grains, rice is just a supplemental crop, sub sahara has plenty of rice too much no where near the population
You are retard?

Their culture used to be pronatal