Can someone explain to me how an elf btfo's a maia? what exactly was hackson thinking here?

can someone explain to me how an elf btfo's a maia? what exactly was hackson thinking here?

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/peter-jackson-hobbit-movie-problems/
youtu.be/CgQSm0uSUtk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

she had a Magic Ring and Sauron didnt.

Sauron = BTFO

of course, a ring that he himself created would some how even the odds of him being a demi-god compared to an elf.

Well this scene is absolute shit but it isn't impossible for an Elf to have this much power. Fingolfin nearly chopped Morgoth, a fucking god, into pieces.

nope.
Celebrimbor created the three Elven Rings. Sauron made the other lesser ones.

sauron didnt create the 3 elven rings you are thinking of.

sauron in the guise of Annatar, taught Celebrimbor how to make the rings while at the same time, placing curses on these rings, but, when sauron left to make the one ring, Celebrimbor made some rings solo in which where just as (if not more so) powerful than the ones sauron attemped to use against them.

hackson is fucking useless for story telling. that is a major part of the fucking lore of LOTR which he skipped and altered for his shitty movie.

and as for galadriel, this is from encyclopedia of arda:

>One of the greatest of all the Eldar, described as second only in power to Fëanor himself, and said to surpass even Fëanor in wisdom. Not only among the mightiest of the Noldor, she was also radiantly beautiful, and her voice was deep and clear in tone. Galadriel was also the tallest of all Elven-women, with a height in modern terms approaching 6' 4" (or about 1.9 m). Most famous of all her attributes, though, was her shimmering golden hair, shot through with strands of silver.

A elf from the first age with an all powerful ring that was second to Saurons One ring

he got rekt and the most he could do was damage his leg

Galadriels Ring of Power just made everything pretty , it was useless as a weapon.

Sauron would have just melted that shit down if he claimed it anyway.

No elf ever has or can have the power to defeat a Valar, all he did was slice his heel and when Morgoth was done playing around he just broke his neck in one hit

Peter Jackson managed to make three hour movies flow perfectly and tell a complete story because he didn't labour the audience with info dumps about lore that doesn't make a difference to the story. When you start adding everything to an adaption you get bloated like Watchmen did.

You don't have to like the films if you love the books but acting like the original trilogy is useless at storytelling rather than just not appeasing your autism is silly

uh-huh

go watch the hobbit trilogy, and applaud his genius.

You seriously can't blame him for the pile of shit that was the hobbit

He did the best with what he had

How the fuck did they ever even defeat Morgoth

Sauron was greatly weakened following his "death" at the hands of Isildur. Also, it's not unheard of for an elf to go toe-to-toe with a Maia or even one of the Valar for a short time.

That being said, this scene is shit.

>You seriously can't blame him for the pile of shit that was the hobbit
>He did the best with what he had

No, he didn't. He took a decent book, which would have made a solid adventure movie (or maybe 2) and stretched it out into 3 bloated, unbelievably shitty stories, which were 50% filler full of characters who either don't exist in the book (Legolas, for example) or simply didn't exist in the entire LOTR lore (like Not-Wormtongue).

The other Valar stopped him.

Obviously I was talking about the original trilogy. The hobbit is an absolute mess, and a part of the reason for that is Jackson throwing in all this uncessecary backstory that he resisted doing in LOTR. Making shit films after great films does not retroactively make the great ones, shit.

>the hobbit trilogy

>directed by him
>produced by him and his wife
>he and his wife owns the production company making the film
>screenplay by him and his wife

>NOT HIS FAULT

he made up or adjusted most of the backstory which was completely irrelevant to bilbo or erador, was useless tie ins to LOTR trilogy.

the fact he even allowed thranduil to send legolas to find aragorn (BY FUCKING NAME) is more than enough evidence the man is a fucking joke.

wrong. Del Toro wrote the movie and left at the last minute.
Jackson was rushed in and filmed it, he didnt have any preparation time.

>Because Guillermo Del Toro had to leave and I jumped in and took over, we didn’t wind the clock back a year and a half and give me a year and a half prep to design the movie, which was different to what he was doing. It was impossible, and as a result of it being impossible I just started shooting the movie with most of it not prepped at all. You’re going on to a set and you’re winging it, you’ve got these massively complicated scenes, no storyboards and you’re making it up there and then on the spot.

>I spent most of The Hobbit feeling like I was not on top of it. Even from a script point of view, Fran [Walsh], Philippa [Boyens] and I hadn’t got the entire scripts written to our satisfaction, so that was a very high pressure situation.

slashfilm.com/peter-jackson-hobbit-movie-problems/

why didn't sauron try to bring back Morgoth?

he greenlighted one of the worst action sequence in history

youtu.be/CgQSm0uSUtk

i honestly dont get peoples loyalty to the fucking man, you admit the trilogy sucked ass, the story was 3/4 garbage, yet you still defend him. just like people defending lucas for thx 1138, which was a blatant rip off of 1984 in a sci fi setting and a "happy" ending.

Morgoth was beyond his reach. Maybe if Sauron returned to full power he could have gotten him back, but Morgoth was trapped somewhere so impossible to get to, so impossible to break down, that a literal god couldn't escape. What chance did Sauron have of breaking him out? He would have needed to ask one of the Valar really nicely to help him out.

What game is this?

Maybe because he made the best action/adventure trilogy of all time?

You have to take the good with the bad, and the hobbit had some genuinely good moments in it

How much of a beta was Sauron compared to Morgoth? did he even have 10% of his masters power?

You don't fuck with the Noldor.

Sauron is pretty pathetic by the time Bilbo finds the One Ring. He's essentially that 40 year old that still goes to his high school's football games wearing his letter jacket.

You make it seem like HE wanted to make 3 movies out of one book. You know he's just following orders right?

>can someone explain to me how an elf btfo's a maia?

isn't that the part where Sauron doesn't have a physical form yet ?

Will hackson dare make a movie about the War of Wrath?

He dealt several mortal blows to him.

Sauron at his peak was more powerful than Melkor at his lowest. Make of that what you will.

Was Galadriel thicc? It's hard to tell with all those robes.

Fingolfin held his own pretty well againt Melkor, but no, he did not deal any mortal blows. all he was able to manage was give him a permanent limp. Which by itself is pretty impressive, but keep in mind that Melkor at this point was nowhere near his peak.

He was shit-tier by the time of the LoTR books since he lost most of his power when he lost the ring. At his peak though Sauron was such a powerhouse that not even other angels wanted to fuck with him, and besides Sauron's real power was corrupting everything.
Really? I thought Fingolfin got Morgoth several times but looking at it again he didn't. I must be remembering some other fight I guess.

>the hobbit had some genuinely good moments in it

the only part i had any emotion for the dwarves was when they were around bilbos table doing the chant. that scene where all the dwarves just turn around and walk away when they couldnt find the keyhole was a painful attempt at a emotional rollercoaster.

fine, he was ordered too, but how do you justify adding that feminist elf and legolas to be major characters?

how do you justify that if del toro made the script then jumped ship, then hackson and his wife didnt care for it, for them to merely say fuck it run it as it is, as apposed to simply reverting to the cannon material? why write your own shit to fill time when there is far more lore then any movie goer could possibly know about in regards to LOTR.

>hackson is fucking useless for story telling. that is a major part of the fucking lore of LOTR which he skipped and altered for his shitty movie.
Yeah, it's super duper important. That's why Galadriel says a whole three sentences about Nenya, and both Narya and Vilya aren't mentioned until the very last chapter of RotK.

Fingolfin struck him 7 times if I recall correctly, but the gap in power between them is just too vast for Fingolfin to ever hope to defeat him. Even though Fingolfin at this point, in all his rage, might have been the most powerful elf ever seen.

>all he did was slice his heel and when Morgoth was done playing around he just broke his neck in one hit

He dealt 6 wounds to Morgoth's leg that he never recovered from. Part of the reason he never left his fortress ever again until Earendil presuaded the Valar to raid him.

About Fingolfin's death Melkor was not "done playing". He filled the area with huge craters from his banging his mace around like a retard and Fingolfin slipped.

I don't think Fingolfin ever expected to defeat him.

He just couldn't sit idle while his armies were getting slaughtered by guerrilla attacks from Morgoth's orcs. He wanted to send a message.

Fingolfin at this point (falsely) thought all his people had been utterly destroyed. His assault on Morgoth was just a rage filled final stand.

pretty much. that's why I said his stronger armies essentially suffered from guerrilla orc attacks. but that was not his perspective at the time.

>it's super duper important

considering the entire LOTR franchise is based on the rings, how they destroyed kingdoms and filled everyone with hatred and fear playing right into saurons hands, yes it is.

if your going to open the movie explaining the origin of the rings, do it right.

if the opening of the movies explain that all the rings where made by sauron to enslave those that wore them, why were the elves still wearing theirs?

>did he even have 10% of his masters power?

No. Morgoth at his peak literally split continents, created races, the whole nine yards. Suaron just sort of fucked around with what Morgoth built. Also, by the time LOTR starts Sauron is only a shadow of what he once was anyway.

Legolas' inclusion makes sense; he wasn't in The Hobbit because he didn't exist as a character yet, but he would have been in Mirkwood during the Quest for Erebor. Obviously, from a writing standpoint, he was just thrown in for the sake of further connecting the two trilogies, but seeing as he's Thranduil's son, his inclusion isn't too outrageous.

Evangeline Lily's character, though? Who the fuck knows whose ass they pulled that from and why.

All that stuff is from The Silmarillion, a book New Line didn't own the rights to.