Why Japs so really bad bad at english?

why Japs so really bad bad at english?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A5QD4NOAvSs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ultimately, most of us will never ever actually have a chance to use it in our lifetime in Japan because some elite smartasses translate everything for plebs and most Japanese cities have far from significant amount of westerners.

cuz they have culture and history?

cultural isolation, at least the modern version

Because they make their own games.

>far from significant amount of westerners

as long as you have significant amount of common sense not importing too many foreigners

Oh and also Anime, so they don't grow up watching American propaganda movies.

Japs aren't very smart people. Speaking English in a fluent and concise manner requires high intelligence.

They have no reason to use it. The Lingua Franca in Japan is Japanese.

Finns are subhumans, and I don't say this as a joke.

Oh no, some random Swedish immigrant called me a subhuman.

kek

hello karl gustav al-baghdadi

our English lesson

youtube.com/watch?v=A5QD4NOAvSs

You are talking to the foreigner in Japan

>they don't grow up watching American propaganda movies.

This is not very true though.
We (at least my generation) actually grew up watching a lot of Anglo media propaganda on the TV in the 90s and 00s. From family sitcoms to allies-centrered war documentaries to big budget films.

But again, all of them were subbed and/or dubbed with no exception and no one used them as a chance to learn English, and it was even impossible to do so since our language form sentences completely differently from English the subs don't help at all.

This kind of education influenced Korea a lot during Japanese occupation and that's why Koreans are suck at English too

Because Japanese is one of the most diffrent language from English and English education in Japan is shit and we don't use English in daily life(So I don't use English excpet Sup Forums).
South Korean language skills are high,aren't it?Why do South Korean speak Japanese fluently?
My South Korean friend speaks Japanese as same as Japanese

Well... I see well educated Koreans can read English but mostly they cant really make a conversation with foreigners because of this... I would say "translation based language education"?
they learn to translate every words inside of their heads!
and about koreans speaking Japanese, many Koreans like Japan these days and grammars are similar
it's way easier to learn Japanese than English
except the Kanji part

as a little kid, i thought all americans spoke japanese with the weird accent with which they dub english media into japanese.

You got sauce on that fat slut senpai?

Do you think english 학권 are a scam ? I know so many koreans who take lessons there but it doesn't seem to be effective.

>I see well educated Koreans can read English but mostly they cant really make a conversation with foreigners because of this
I get it.
It's like Japan but in Japan just a little Japanese can use English as same as natives
However I think many Japanese need to speak and use English fluently because here is Japan so only little Japanese who work to global and in the world need to use English fluently

>I think many Japanese need to speak and use English fluently
I mistake
>I think many Japanese DON'T need to speak and use English fluently

>Do you think english are a scam ? I know so many french who take lessons but it doesn't seem to be effective.

It was very effective to me. It gave me chance to talk with native speakers and that helped me a lot.
I guess it depends on how ready you are to study a language
most of them must be forced by their parents to be there

>학권
What is that?

Honestly why would they? They already live in a first world country that also happens to be one of the largest economies on the planet. There's no reason to learn English past basic phrases when they can get by perfectly using their own language.

I see, well I guess it's true, the main difficulty for me is to have conversations with Koreans.

what ?

private institutes, japanese have the same kind of thing I suppose.

>It's like Japan but in Japan just a little Japanese can use English as same as natives
that is what I thought when i meet Japanese people they're either very fluent or very bad
and also i strongly agree on that more people need to learn English

FEET PLS

>It was very effective for me. It gave me a chance to talk with native speakers and that helped me a lot.
I guess it depends on how prepared/motivated you are to study a new language

most of them? must be forced by their parents to be there (where?)

And tbqh English is the simplest indo-european language to learn.

oh wait you DON'T think lol
well I get your opinion
and Japan is a big and wealthy country
most people might dont need english

>And tbqh English is the simplest indo-european language to learn.

Spanish?

In Korea your job opportunities change drastically based on the fact that you are able speak english or not.

yeah.

You spaniards are not that much better at english than the japanese, considering our language and english are much closer than japanese and english.

I get it.
I have heared South Korea is more meritocracy(学歴社会) than Japan.
And most of famous universities are in Seoul,aren't they?
I think rent of Seoul are high so it seems hard

I think english is easier, even jorge could learn it.

I wonder if a Jap could speak Finnish better with the same amount of effort into learning it as English.

do you have any experience learning spanish?

How come Jap don't speaky ingly?

>guess it depends on how prepared/motivated you are to study a new language
yeah i said it right there
>most of them? must be forced by their parents to be there (where?)
the personal classes. many parents force their kid to go to personal classes
>And tbqh English is the simplest indo-european language to learn.
I agree but to Koreans, due to the grammar differences make it very hard to learn english
also like i said, Japanese influenced English education during Japanese occupation ruined Korean English education

si

as a french learning spanish is easier than english

Yeah.We don't have to use other language in Japan,it's same in South Korea,isn't it?(Because South Korea language is spoken by more 51 millions except North Korea)
But now we have to be active in the international community so little people need to use English fluently

It makes them look cute. It's all about kawaiiness, you see.

well, both come from latin so it's obviously easier for you since some words are similar.

It's not the same as before anymore. Nevertheless, to me, that's not just a life has ever been about. So I decided to grow complacent in my basement. In other words, I'm unemployed.

Unfortunately it's very different here.
Korea is too small
I mean literally
we have small population and small land
it's a real miracle that South Korea could grow this big and rich
and there was always been help and deals from other countries
Korea can never survive on it's own
also people here, are mostly dreamers

and business people wouldnt learn Korean i think
I think most of people who study Korean are koreaboos or kpop fan girls

Hey, I study korean

of course not all of them
Sorry my man ;-;

In theory, it should be easier to learn spanish if you are a french speaker and vice-versa, but nowadays with all the exposure the english language has, it's probably easier to learn english, or at least it was for me (Bien que je souhaite que le français soit encore la lingua franca :/)

bullied again ;-;
actually I was studying on my own and I will go back to university this year, I will take courses of business in Korean with technical translation and stuff. When I joined the facebook group of this year's promotion there was 110 person, and in them only 5 guys. So yeah.

Yes I agree, it was easier for me too, actually I learnt english without trying.

topkek I wanna to be NEET,too.
But I have to work to get money.
more 50 millions are Small population?
That is big just because there are big countries near South Korea so South Korea is pretty big country in the world.
I studied Korean a bit in university but I forgot so I can only understand pronunciation of 한글 now.

it must be hard to study Korean on your own isnt it?
Good luck to you buddy :)

>and in them only 5 guys
lol I get it.In my university class to learn Korean most of them were women and men are about 5 contains me.
But many Korean students in Japan are men and otaku

>Spain
Hmm

Maybe I felt like Korea is a small country because Japan has like twice more than Korea and dont even need to mention about china lol

Same reason Americans don't retain languages either, except sometimes Spanish. Japan is isolated and remote, far far away from any English speaking country. Their closest neighbor in that regard is Australia, and god save them for that.

While they use Western social media like Twitter and Facebook, which is something even more isolationist countries like Russia and China don't do, their entertainment sector is strong enough that they can just consume their own media in their own language. That being said, Russians and Chinese are also shit at English.

So anyway, Japs are usually shit at even writing English, but I'm certain at least half of you non-native speakers of English on Sup Forums aren't fluent at all either. Why? Because learning a language comes in 4 parts, reading, writing, listening, and speaking. The average Sup Forums poster is passable at the former 2 but I'd bet you a nickel quite a lot of you can't speak it or hear it, which are the last two hurdles to fluency.

That's fine if you spend your life on the internet but it's going to suck dick if you ever visit the UK/USA/etc.

Why are the people so obessed with English?

I non-ironically think that if English isn't your native language, and the most of your favorite music is in it - you are cucked.

oh boy... otakus...
I would say they are not bad people?
but they are cringy as fuck...

Spoken like a true Son of Tengri, conqueror of all humans, languages, and human languages.

English is only an one from the international languages, not the main.

Why don't you want to learn Russian?

ha-ha! i knew! norgs are not europeans, they mongols.

Man I tried
And it's nearly impossible as I felt

China is special country because countries where have more one billions populations are only China and India.
So we don't need to make comparison between my and your country populations and China populations

Yes it's not easy, there are good websites to learn korean but for me listening comprehension is really hard.

How come that Japanese girls want to learn Korean ? In France girls that learn korean are koreaboos that want a 오빠 but I don't see why japanese girls would want that.

fug I forgot about Hong Kong and Singapore

oh well, I'll eat my own ass if I ever hear of a Japanese person learning English from a Hong Konger/Singaporean.

Can someone please help me figure out how to use my air conditioner? I can kinda figure it out but I really wonder what the buttons are meant to do

English allows you to speak with anybody. Not russian.

how i see her secret gerden??

Fuck off, this is the reason why Rasmus did not realised a song in Finnish

Because the modern cultural code forces people to learn it.

Let's speak Spanish or French

it's easy man. Take couple russian phrases.
First. You can say "Poshel na huy, ruski pedor" if you see anybody from russians men.

yeah thats true lol

Who would have thought that.

>we have small population and small land
Denmark is 5 million.
Stop your inferiority complex, my cock is small too but I don't feel so bad about it.
No girl is going to use it anyway.

Yes.It's okay. don't worry about them.
this Because they are Koreaboos,too.
In Japan,some of young girls like south Korean pop cultures(for example Korean Romance drama on TV and korean idol and Korean clothes fashion and Korean cosmetics )

because we are stupid

is that how you say "Good day, my Russian friend"?

Because their grammar is different. Their language is SOV, for example.

some KTDS JAV

better YES, much better than them NO but you can't even understand some of the threads that some jap anons make in this board.

if there are no reasons to learn a language people won't learn it that's all. You shouldn't focus on "let's learn this or that" but more on creating content or things (buisnes etc...) that will make people want to learn the language.

I see

>most of us
t. English teacher

I'm more worried about Korean boys fly over to Japan and ask "itshoni osake nomuka?" to every Japanese girls in their sight
they're cringy as fuck too
i hope they burn in hell immediately

>and there was always been help and deals from other countries
good luck with China pal, we can't do jack shit correctly in the 21st century

all entertainment's in english so hearing is well-covered

speaking is indeed the hardest but someone who has thousands of hours of hearing under his belt can develop super rapidly if given some training

yes, yes. That phrase show to russians how deep you love them.

yeah let's be positive my friend

Stop pretending to be japanese, davido-kun.

thank you kindly
now idi nahuy moi droog
I heard that's good meaning too

No-no, these phrases only for russians.

Do you love Japan

lol got it

can someone please translate these buttons

I like Japan

Is that a compliment for my Engrish or you just don't want to believe me

Of course, Who dont love countru where live anime and Takesi Kitano.