How could they have avoided this scenario?

How could they have avoided this scenario?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rs9w5bgtJC8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't hit a fucking iceberg in the Atlantic

Killed Grima Wormtongue as soon as he showed up.

>iceberg
>berg

It's always a berg or stein

Waterproof ships

Should have flown. Much quicker. Gatwick do non-stop to JFK

Irish Catholics weren't allowed to work on the ship. So maybe not insulting God.

>Gatwick

Wanna know how I know you're poor?

Was he a agent of the kaiser?

Why do you lay these troubles on an already troubled mind? Can you not see? Your captain is wearied by your safety regulations, your iceberg reports.

Your leech-craft would have had me crawling on all four remaining cylinders like a beast!

What did he mean by this expression?

>expecting something from Liverpool to not slip

>(((Iceberg)))

How?

Hit the iceberg head on instead of letting it rip open the side of the ship

He's thinking he hasn't enough men to break the forces of mordor

Avoid it? It was an honourable death. He goes to his Fathers in whose mighty company he shall not now feel ashamed.

Underrated kek

THE ENGLISH STOLE YOUR LANDS! THEY DROVE YOUR PEOPLE INTO CONNACHT TO SCRATCH A LIVING OFF ROCKS! TAKE BACK THE LANDS THEY STOLE FROM YOU! SINK EVERY SHIP!

if they did a frontal ram on the iceberg the ship would have had way better chances.

the giant gash flooding 4+ sections fucked the ship over fast

The captain was Nipponese?

You don't fly from Heathrow.

youtube.com/watch?v=rs9w5bgtJC8

>those screams in the last few minutes

Gatwick is a 5 minute drive from me. I would literally have drive by Gatwick to get to Heathrow.

Something Hitler? He won't amount to a thing!

But only cheap shitty airlines fly Gatwick.

Unironically the worst scene in film history. The moment all you retards should've realized that Jimbo is a hack. Of course you probably weren't even alive when this movie was in theatres.

I remember reading somewhere that the Marconi equipment was fucking up or there was interference.

>Of course you probably weren't even alive when this movie was in theatres.

That's not true I remember the absurd amount of hype for this movie though I was only 7 at the time.

They should have hired a different telegraph operator

>On the evening of 14 April, in the wireless room on the boat deck, Phillips was sending messages to Cape Race, Newfoundland, working to clear a backlog of passengers' personal messages that had accumulated when the wireless had broken down the day before.[3] Shortly after 9:30 pm, Phillips received an ice warning from the steamship Mesaba reporting a large number of icebergs and an ice field directly in Titanic's path. Phillips acknowledged the Mesaba's warning and continued to transmit messages to Cape Race. The Mesaba's wireless operator waited for Phillips to report that he had given the report to the bridge, but Phillips continued working Cape Race. The message was one of the most important warnings Titanic received, but it was never delivered to the bridge.

>At 10:55 pm, Phillips was again interrupted by another ship, this time the SS Californian. The Californian's only wireless operator, Cyril Evans, was reporting that they were stopped and surrounded by ice. Californian's relative proximity (and the fact that both Evans and Phillips were using spark gap wireless sets whose signals bled across the spectrum and were impossible to tune out) meant that Evans's signal was strong and loud in Phillips's ears, while the signals from Cape Race were faint to Phillips and inaudible to Evans. Phillips quickly sent back, "Keep out; shut up, I'm working: Cape Race", and continued communicating with Cape Race, while Evans listened a while longer before going to bed for the night. Californian was the closest ship to Titanic. As the radio had been switched off by Evans, Phillips had no way of communicating with Californian should Titanic require immediate assistance, which it very soon did.

Yeah this. I believe actual legislation came about after this.

So what went wrong?

Even doing nothing and ramming it head first would have been better than scraping it. Or using high quality bolts in the hull.

I'm not sure if it's true but apparently if they hit the iceberg head on it would have been fine

The compartment design in the hull would have worked as intended

didn't ask for US help in time

lol if that doesn't say inside job I don't know what does. Whatever happend to ___ Phillips?

They could have built an unsinkable ship.

thicc

>unsinkable ship.

good meme

Honestly they didn't need to ram the thing head-on. The helmsman gave the order "Full right rudder, hard astern". That's not how ships operate, by putting the engine in reverse he lost steerage way. He should have orderered one-third forward thrust.

Failing that, instead of launching the lifeboats separately, they should have lashed them together into an enormous pontoon raft.

>Failing that, instead of launching the lifeboats separately, they should have lashed them together into an enormous pontoon raft.

Why weren't they strapping the deckchairs and other floatable things together too?

Most likely the posh autists of the first class couldn't think of it.

Taken a plane instead.

You mean zeppelin?

You all know J.P. Morgan orchestrated the sinking to conceal the murder of the few men opposed to central banking with enough power and influence to prevent the establishment of the modern global banking system, right?

This is virtually social studies 101 stuff for 3rd graders now.

wait I thought it was a love tragedy

I legit remember this was one of the first movies i saw which had some nudity in it

Lol, fuck off with this goofy conspiracy theory shit. What were the odds that Astor, one of the richest men in the world, would have actually died? Odds are that he would have been one of the first people on the lifeboat.

>inb4 "women and children first"

This is a meme, one that only really existed on the Titanic thanks to overzealous "chivalrous" officers like Lightoller (who had no problem sending other men to their deaths, while they themselves got on board their own special lifeboats).

Sinking the Titanic to kill Astor and his friends would have been the most retarded, lucky conspiracy of all time. It makes Sheev's plan in Star Wars look reasonable.

>iceberg

oh, ho hooo. How little you know

>Why weren't they strapping the deckchairs and other floatable things together too?

Panic. Nobody really understood what was going on until it was way too late. A lot of the people on the first lifeboats were convinced that it was some sort of drill. The ship seemed to be just fine for quite a while, so the evacuation wasn't conducted with any necessary urgency for the first hour or so. By the time people realized what was really happening, the officers were overwhelmed trying to get people off the boat and there was no time to start lashing together furniture.

Also, the water was freezing, like "fall in and you're almost certainly going to die" freezing, only one passenger who went overboard ended up surviving (because he was drunk and that kept his blood flowing). So trying to float on a chair or something probably wouldn't have saved you unless you managed to keep yourself from even going under for a few moments, which is unlikely if you're jumping off the side of a boat and trying to grab onto some furniture.

Who am I First Mate?

underrated kek

counterflood

The Titanic could have been saved simply by counterflooding, the captain should have known this, people died for no reason

> "Throw the Jews and niggers overboard to reduce weight!"

I know he was going for historical accuracy but Jesus Christ Cameron.

is that the FOOKIN LEGEND OF GIN ALLEY?

Facial blindness is a sign of autism

Seek help

So this is why they call him Peter Hackson

> At last, I have become Titanic

Fucking hack

> *freeze frame*
> *record scratch*
> "You're probably wondering how I ended up here"

Kek

> That scene where Leo chops Kate's arm off with an axe to save her and blood pours into the water as she screams

Terrifying what they had to do to survive

> "No Jack! I'm engaged! Stop!"
> "We're in a car, Rose. Nobody can hear your pathetic cries for help."

The rape scene is gut wrenching

> ship breaks in half, several passengers fall to their deaths
> it ain't me starts playing

I would have sacrificed more white males to moloch

It's when he stops to draw her with her bloody stump, despite water flooding the room that kills the realism for me.

>not flying in your private plane from biggin hill
P L E B

holy shit I have never noticed that the captain is theoden

>nobody's pointed out that the crew in the crow's nest didn't have binoculars because someone lost the key to the equipment chest

Who are you quoting?

The fact she kept the baby was hard to believe..

Lol

>not travelling by teleportation
>not living in US to begin with
absolute fucking peasant

>Cameron was gonna direct Spider-Man before Raimi came on board

makes you think

Maybe by doing his job instead of mingling with the passengers like a faggot in heat

i wish it was that good