This might be the greatest action flick ever made. What could be considered better?

This might be the greatest action flick ever made. What could be considered better?

>best villain
>believable story
>great set
>muh 80's
>excellent action
>just the right amount of humor

>This might be the greatest action flick ever made.

Well it is. Is this news to you? It's basically perfect.

HANS
BUBBY

who /die hard arcade/ here?

It is not only the best action film ever made, it's also the best Christmas film ever made.

I used to whip ass with the grandfather clock and pushbroom nigga

This.

>it's basically perfect

Yoooo I beat this cabinet at my friends birthday waay back in the day. Probably cost his mom like $20 in quarters but shit.

Did you know that if you don't hammer the buttons after the ending there's a hidden fighter game that starts up?

I fucks with that game forever.

yeah you fight your partner on the rooftop. wasn't sure how it was done tho, i just remember it randomly showing up once because we played the thing every time.

9 out of 10 melon farmers agree it's the #1 action movie of all time.

>film's censored dub ends up being cult comedy itself.

How kino can one movie be?

It's actually one of those movies that's really hard to argue with, it's universally loved.

Idk why people are so insecure that they add 'action' or 'christmas'. Die Hard is to me a top 5 film. As others have stated in this topic it is as close to perfect as a film could be and idk why so few have it on their top 10 lists:
Search on "1 7 10 Die Hard" on the archives and check out how few lists have dh in the top 3
Rarely see a critic having it in their top 10 and I just can't understand why.

Die Hard has/is
>excellent pace/buildup, 130 minutes packed to the fullest
>tight script, with fewer plotholes than the normal action flick
>entertaining characters
>perfection of a classical concept
>great casting, actors suited for their role
>superb and magnificient audiography, the use of symphony 9 is unique and works out bombastically
>terrific moving cinematography, with grand colors, fierce depth, interesting perspectives, and a flow like no other, Jan de Bont at his best!
>the little jokes that seems out of place but helps the plot, (fist of toes, nude babes everywhere but not your wife, twinkies and candies, weak swatteam, etc)
>witty comebacks
>references (old western flicks, terrorists organisations, coke)
>nudity and violence

It is the ultimate entertaining movie. Are people not entertained? What else do they ask for? Philosphical depth? Better read a book.....

Pretty kino review famalam, I don't disagree. I love how real it feels. It undid a decade's worth of Schwarzanneger's and Stallones and pretty much ended Jean CVD and Seagal's career into the A-list. Action movies had to grow up and get smarter after Die Hard.

I consider Die Hard to be a perfect movie.

I put it in my top 3 with Empire Strikes Back and Saving Private Ryan.

White male detected

t.white male

>What could be considered better?

anyone else struggle to rewatch it? I remember watching it for the first time and it was perfect. The feelings, etc that I felt can't be recaptured and no matter how much I still enjoy watching it,may sequent viewings just never live upto the first time I saw it

it probably is. it does everything it goes for perfectly. it would be my #1, but i prefer big trouble in little china, for slightly different reasons. they are both 10/10 masterpieces though and ive yet to see criticisms that dont play like nitpicks/not getting it/ignorance

comfy thread lads

what a unique and controversial opinion my fellow Sup Forumsedditor

Literally Weeaboo the movie, Brandon playing a Jap in retrospect feels like a stain on his dad's name.

Still, can't argue with "You have the right to remain dead."

Nigga, most people have seen it a bunch of times.
I watch it every year on Christmas

I know people generally think that With a Vengeance is the best Die Hard sequel but I find Die Harder has more rewatch value (and neither comes close to the first movie).

The 4th and 5th ones are terrible. Only saw each of them once and have no desire to revisit them.

>Everyone's face when Gruber brings up Asian Dawn

"I read about them in Time Magazine"

Die Hard 2 was fine, With a Vengeance was pretty good. I've never seen the forth one and god help me I saw the 5th one on HBO once. Christ almighty what a pile of shit.

I think 4's biggest weakness is that its antagonists are honestly not as impressive as any of the guys from 1-3, even worse they have access to all this information, read John McClane's file and think "Pft, we can take him."

Like are you fucking kidding me?

i always thought 3 was much better than 2.. 3 has its moments and has the same style and timing, which i think are underrated keys. it doesnt quite come together and the ending is quite frankly bad, but for awhile its close. 2 is dangerously close to an average, even bad movie. a very mediocre imitation that when it works feels more lucky than earned, and is just kind of boring and lame most of the way. harlin completely lacks all of the subtlety and nuance that mctiernan was able to seamlessly incorporate. its just a generic action movie with a character we like from a better movie and it falls even further off the cliff on rewatch.

im ashamed to admit i like 4. its a mess, but i enjoyed it. 5 is so bad and ridiculous that its hard to even consider as a real movie.

idk. sorry for the blog tier post, but ive always been fascinated with trying to understand why anyone likes 2

>Die Harder
>the one terrorists can get in and out of the airport perimeter at will
>better than Jerry Irons stealing Wall Street

Kys

This

The Matrix
Fury Road

Of course it is the greatest action flick ever made. Even my dad, who only watches intelectuall movies, loves this film!

We watch it all the time at Christmas

That's probably the best moment in the film.

4 was kinda all right

5 is just weird. It's like John McClane moved out of Die Hard and ended up in something entirely different.

I can't put my finger on what defines Die Hard, but the 4th and 5th missed it.

Don't get me wrong, they are great.. In fact, I love both of them. I just love me some Die Hard famalamasenpai

That's fair. Die Hard is definitely one of the greatest. Just mentioning a few contenders.

>not picking the moment/music when they first open the vault or hans entire interaction with ellis

asian dawn and the cut to the main henchmen with that look on his face and back is up there tho

"I negotiate million dollar deals for breakfast, I can handle some Eurotrash"