Why do girls pretend to like Star Wars?

Why do girls pretend to like Star Wars?

Why does anybody? Fads and popular culture.

God, our culture sucks these days, doesn't it? It's no wonder everybody is branching out into niche internet shit. MSM is so uncreative and low quality. I hope they completely lose control of public attention. I hope we all start entertaining each other and TPTB just get left hanging high and dry with useless infrastructure.

why do you?

Peacocking.

Usually to rope in beta nerds who will follow them on various social media platforms and eventually get them to support them financially (Patreon, Storeenvy)

Star Wars was never good

I don't remember any girls liking Star Wars before 2005

Because it's hard to genuinely like something that's shit

Because you don't know any girl and you were 7 years old in 2005

We'll I was 21 and he's right, a lot of females didn't like it and considered it nerdy. My ex couldn't stand them and refused to see episode 3 with me at the time. Only known a few girls who did like my big sis who got me into them in the early 90's

>women want Mr. Rich & Handsome
>most women aren't fit enough to land such a top tier guy into a permanent relationship
>so they find a cashed-up provider (Mr Rich)
>there's plenty of such betas to be found in nerd circles
>thus the strange interest some women have in "geek" culture
>and they fuck the Mr. Handsomes on the side
how is my fedora looking?

to rob fatties/nerds/weebs/who dont they like from their only fun

I was 24 and girls in their 20s hated Star Wars and Star Trek back then

Great just like your spot on explanation

for the same reason boys pretend to like Mean Girls

Same reason males pretend not to like little girls
Social pressure

Because it's popular currently. Saw this shit first hand so blatantly. Gf of a couple years has never ever mentioned Star Wars and has been generally disinterested every time it was mentioned throughout me knowing her. First new movie comes out then she suddenly "needs to see it" and she's "always been a fan of the movies". Women are opportunistic fucking liars OP, nothing new.

But Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back are great movies, user.

Fuck you I like Mean Girls

For the attention.

Why wasn't this the first answer...

for attention, duh

why do you think girl cosplayers always go for slutty?

Do they? I honestly only know one, but she pretty convincingly likes all kinds of nerdy shit that I don't care about.

Maybe you only like to think they just pretend to like Star Wars because it fits your world view? Kind of like
>No, they can't possibly sincerely like something, that's only something I do! Women only hurt me (who is the only person on this planet that matters anyway!), so this is just part of that scheme! They are just pretending!

Maybe you only like to think they just pretend to like Star Wars because it fits your world view? Kind of like
>No, they can't possibly sincerely like something, that's only something I do! Women only hurt me (who is the only person on this planet that matters anyway!), so this is just part of that scheme! They are just pretending!

you JUST KNOW her phone is on vibrate

Girls from the 70s and 80s genuinely liked SW. Everyone did.

Exactly, Star Wars is extremely mainstream. I have no clue why people assume that it's some super obscure male thing. Rogue made 1 billion USD for fuck's sake.

Fuck off Sup Forums.

because they want to be BLACKED

because pretending to like geeky things = you being smart in their mindset

plus you get attention from be it legit chads or beta cucks who throw money at you

>Rogue made 1 billion USD for fuck's sake
not that impressive when you add the chinese market

For the same reason they do anything, attention.

>tfw gf has no interest in star wars except for episode 2 in a so bad it's good basis
She's so fucking based, I love her, I will make her watch ESB someday.

Remember when all the girls thought Limp Bizkit was cool and they'd all wear back to front red baseball caps, baggy pants and a tight top? It's because they were told that's what's cool, and most women follow whatever the media says is cool to fit in. These days all of those women are embarrassed by how they used to dress... because they're told to be embarrassed because it's no longer cool. Women pretty much just do whatever the fuck they're told to do to fit in.

Everybody has to pretend to like Star Wars caus it's fucking awful

My sister likes Star Wars because we watched all of them one entire summer vacation when I hogged the VCR and let nothing else in it.
She got me back a few years later with Britney Spears and NSYNC.I still here BYE BYE BYE in my nightmares

Star Wars is both a nerd franchise and a mainstream franchise at the same time. It's easily accessible while still having a lot of content to deeply dive into. You only need to watch the movies to get a gist of what the thole thing is about.

I don't know if many women actually like Star Wars or just pretend, all they need to do is watch a few of the movies to "get it". Women crave attention and a great way to get male attention is to delve into nerd culture and Star Wars is the most accessible.

similar to this pic. it is social media and all that that entails. likes, attention etc.

Did you fuck her?

_No

>we haven't had a decent star wars movie in 4 decades
>we can't muster the energy to make a new type of sci fi adventure movie / trilogy
Hollywood kikes rebooting everything milking everything dry down to the last brand means you won't get anything new, this has been going on for a while now.

Cinema is dead.

literally this

Marketing.

Before the first SW came out, Gary Kurtz went around computer conventions to spread the word about it. They were the only ones who gave a shit. Those tech nerds carried the movie, that was the birth of geek culture.

Nu-SW is marketed towards women because they're fad consumerist as fuck. Women are a godsend for Hollywood. When TFA came out I remember reading about housewives/soccer mom bloggers getting invited to premieres by Disney so they'd shill it to other women. This would have been completely unconceivable decades ago.

Because Star Wars has top tier husbandos.

>minus the nose she is a slightly older VJ
benis pls

Don't forget the Star Wars brand lipstick and other cosmetics that came with TFA.

Star Wars is normalfag garbage, they aren't pretending

So they can get at this sweet, sweet nerd dick I be slinging around all the bi-mon-sci-fi cons

Wew

The Chinese thought it was meh.

My girl loves the OT. However, she's more of a Trek gal and I'm ultimately a Babylon 5 guy.

>B5 will never have a BR release...

MSM? TPTB?

>Babylon 5

watching right now season 1. does this shit get better?

also

>1990s CGI

>Why does anybody?

For me, as a young lad, Star Wars was an experience. The intricacy of this fictional universe complete with wizards and starships that once rivaled Tolkien, William's score that imo was the successor to Wagner's Ring, ANH's cinematography, and the imagination put into all of it. The opening scene with the Star Destroyer chasing the Tantive V, zooming overhead in a display of power and size, in that few first seconds you know you will love this movie.

It during the 90s became kinda niche for nerds only, while pop culture shifted to worshipping grunge and urban nigger culture. Only nerds, almost solely male ones, still loved the world of Star Wars. Over the last decade nurd pop culture became increasingly mainstream, and awkward, unattractive girls began to be drawn to it as it was increasingly marketed towards them.

No they really like it. A lot of girls are plebs too, after all

Where's year 2000?

Holy shit yes! Season 2 - 4 best show!

Because Star Wars is normie-tier you homosexual

star wars is for the whole family. Brother, sister, father, son, mother, daughter, uncle, aunt, cousin, grandfather, grandmother

For the same reasons Sup Forums pretends not to be reddit

Season 1 was the slowest for me. Production wise, it had issues with the main cast and budget. Once you get to the last few episodes of S1 and into S2 it really clicks.
S2-S4 are, IMO, the best sci-fi ever written for TV.

This. Only black people unironically, unabashedly enjoy Star Wars, prequels and all, and this has always been the case

>girls tucking their phones into their waistband

Why is this so hot

It got your attention, didn't it?

Because on one hand you emphatetically relate to the imagery, imagining some object going near your genitalia and touching your skin, which is sensual, while at the same time self-actualising yourself unto the phone, thereby imagining your hand going down her pants.

Because of the practice of "pocketing" wherein modern women use their vaginas literally as an organic pocket. Retractable pens, cell phones, cash kept in a ziplok bag, pretty much anything that won't tear the delicate inner membranes will do. Its especially fashionable amongst nudist women, especially the older set as it can train them to have tighter vaginal muscles over time.

I think you're confusing the phone with her skimpy pants and sexy hippsu

Because they secretly crave the cock of fat, ugly, manchild nerds. Obviously.

Source?

what the hell are you talking about

This year didn't exist as the year 0 didn't exist too

This may be true, but there was a solid 20+ year span from the early 90s to the early 2010s where star wars was not appreciated by women or the cool kids

Mean Girls is fucking hilarious, dude

is that allie haze?

This is the correct answer.

>lesser Stacy sees a male-oriented hobby free of female competition for male attention
>nerds are thirsty weirdos that crave female companionship
>nerds believe being into models and Stacys wearing glasses is "lowering their standards"
>believe they actually have a chance because they're dumb enough to believe women share their genuinely hobbies and think playing the "nice guy" act will get them laid
>Chads take notice once a sizable female community builds up and starts partaking in the action
>community becomes a hollow parody of itself as the media producers start catering to their new more profitable "fanbase"
>lesser Stacys move on to the next niche fanbase looking for attention
>cycle starts all over again

Whatever you are trying to say or meme doesn't even make sense. You're an autistic faggot. You should kill yourself for having a low IQ.

Do you suck your dad with that mouth?

Crawl back into your hole so everyone can go back to ignoring your miserable blighted existence. Better yet, do the world a favor and go drive off a cliff you worthless cumstain

I bet you think about faggots sucking cock a lot. Why don't you stop posting and go clean the semen out of your asshole and shitstains off your cock.

You can't even write anything that makes sense.
Not even a nigger straight off the slave ship could come up with something so incoherent.

Go back your mom's basement and hang yourself on a plumbing pipe you autistic waste of air.

My gf goes out of her way to make fun of aspie Star Wars fans. Feels good m8

Why do people in general pretend to like Star Wars?

>Star Wars was a mistake. It's nothing but trash.

>having pleb tastes
If you don't like Star Wars, you lack culture.

You might want to go see a highly qualified psychiatrist to help you with your severe mental issues. Even then I don't thing they could put up with you. I'd recommend suicide but you come off as being the type of lowly self-conceited coward that would never think about the suffering your family must go through everyday dealing with you. The least you can do is stop replying to me, your insane vile blabbering is of not benefit to either of us

Star Wars is babby's first sci-fi.

So they can fuck chad?

Star wars is everyone's first sci fi who is not over the age of 40 you stupid faggot. I'm sorry you never watched any good movies growing up.

You were the one who demonstrated you have the IQ of a mental retard. Why haven't you wiped away your emotional ass raped tears and hung yourself yet, you worthless fuck? I'm sorry your parents abused you, faggot.

Chinese have shit taste

It's currently hip.

>I shall the defend the honor of an overrated ultra-popular sci-fi franchise pushed by corporate bigwigs from anonymous internet trolls
You Star Wars nerds are easy to rile up .

To jack off?

I still can't believe that to this day they have TFA perfume in my supermarkets toy aisle.

it's my only weakness, sorry. I hate everything else.