youtu.be/SlbVgjFvE3I
youtube.com/watch?v=a1oSXlU0ZUk
youtube.com/watch?v=A8S5Rd_02uA
youtube.com/watch?v=ySRnjt65M8w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

HATE normies.

only to untrained ears

>you're music gives me anxiety

Attached: 1490679826702.jpg (330x256, 14K)

Who could possibly be so much of a pussy to actually say this

it's the post punk/goth music i listen to that usually sets them off

Women

>why are you listening to static?

Attached: 19f1vf.jpg (600x455, 38K)

Fems.
And if that music is Death Grips.

My friend who exclusively listens to rap and easy listening jazz after I played this for him

youtube.com/watch?v=VKzWLUQizz8

What would happen if you told people their "anxiety" was just a really weak foundation and character and that their anxiety would go away by just simply not being a scrub?

Try playing anything remotely experimental near a chick, some girls I met got anxiety attack from hearing prog rock .

Anxiety isn't real
It's a sugarcoated term for mediocrity

I miss elementary school/high school where every one listened to Lincoln Park, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, etc. Now everyone listens to generic pop garbage or some random obscure shit that no one's ever heard of so you can't have a conversation at all.

Attached: sss.png (205x246, 8K)

same, how come everyone was emo in middle school/high school then turned straight yo yo homie whats up

>tfw never listened to those bands in school

You must have had a really shitty highschool

>Lincoln Park

Attached: 1521627585788.jpg (500x381, 15K)

>ugh how can you listen to this, it's too noisy
>i don't understand what they're saying.

Kek, show him this with your stereo's volume turned all the way up:
youtu.be/VRPwjfKENOM

Kek, your music is shit and they're right. Music should be legible.

>Hang out with norman or plens
>Play literally the most accessible pop music from your library you can imagine
>user, what is this?
>This is weird music

What did you play, bros

fuck off normieeee

youtu.be/SlbVgjFvE3I

fug, can't believe I made that mistake. I used to type it like that as a kid too...

Attached: d.jpg (246x205, 7K)

You listen to the same shit as every other angsty teenager with an internet connection. You are the normie. You are in no way special or different. :-)

We're all on Sup Forums here chad. You only hide it better than me :-)

>try to make friends so hang out with a boring pleb
>he says he likes calm and chill music when asked
>put some ambient stuff as the rest might be too fast and glitchy electronica

>"Whoa dude this is totally like from some weird meditation thing lol who even listens to this"

Attached: Inschenjör.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

>I Really Like You by Carly Rae Jepsen
>The Workout Plan by Kanye

>The Workout Plan by Kanye
Too old. Normies hate "old" music

yep. If it wasn't you'd be on the more popular websites but the weird shit you listen gets voted into obscurity.

Please post stories about showing normies strange music. Even if it's plain and boring. These tales for some reason make me happy.

Half the time it's not even super normie. You had fags throw tantrums arcade fire won a Grammy and they have the most basic sounding friendly albums.

The Grammy should have went "The Fame Monster."

Someone asked me that while I listened to Merzbow. I guess my headphones were too loud.

normalfags hate anything "old" it plays into the fact they live to consume and follow the newest trends

I don't know if this is bait. The Fame Monster would be more deserving than most albums that win, but i don't think a 6 track EP can win an album of the year category

youtube.com/watch?v=a1oSXlU0ZUk

Album Of The Year

(Winner) The Suburbs -- Arcade Fire
Recovery -- Eminem
Need You Now -- Lady Antebellum
The Fame Monster -- Lady Gaga
Teenage Dream -- Katy Perry

>I listened to that Weezer band you mentioned, I really like "Feels Like Summer"!
>Their early stuff was depressing

Attached: bert.jpg (466x370, 44K)

I think you just made them uncomfortable and wanted you to leave
happened to me

Disorder
Round and Round
William, It Was Really Nothing

Dive by Tycho

The same people called Robot Stop by King Gizz generic as fuck and Don't Stand So Close to Me by The Police boring

you ought to have started with Tim Hecker and slowly made your way towards Radigue. there'd be a difference between calming sound-art and almost structureless drone music

The thing that gets my gourd is that these same people watch cooking shows like MKR and comment on how the cunt making a burger isnt as good as the guy whipping up some baklava even if they pull it off better.

They can't understand that music is exactly the same thing and they just don't understand what good music is yet, they've been eating at their local pub all their lives and never dipped their toes into fine dining.

They worship their ed sheeran who is the equivalent of a grilled cheese

this is so fucking true

>Tame Impala - Lonerism

Idk what normans you talk to but in my experience they know old popular shit and like it, you know, oldies, classic rock, dad rock, old school hip hop, etc. Also as far as I know at least some of Floyd is prog and everyone and their mother listens to them. Also I love Kanye but he's about as normie as it gets, especially old school Kanye, everyone ever has heard The College Dropout.

Also honestly starting to think Death Grips is going normie, like just last week Come Up and Get Me was on my dorm recommended song board (gets changed weekly). It's usually some random college indie pop/rock/slack pop and I was surprised but not really that surprising when you think about it. Weeb shit has gotten really popular and normie too and from them people got into death grips and the like.

Also addressing the grammy's thing among those nominees I think Suburbs is probably the best album there. But when compared to what came out that year (MBDTF, Have One On Me, The Archandroid, just to name a few) it seems weird The Suburbs won. I think that's what people were mad about. And the fact that not a lot of normies knew who Arcade Fire was but still. I love The Suburbs, but it's one of the most easily accessible albums that year for old white men to understand and is emblematic of the Grammy trend to ignore anything out of gentrified, whitewashed pop or rock most of the time.

Btw before anyone brings it up I am well aware that no one respectable takes the Grammy's seriously (including many normies I know, and same applies to the Oscars) but it is the most popular music awards show and it would be nice if there was an awards show in which the industry recognized actual talent and artistry.

Dude every normie knows this song, I know a ton of normies that play this shit at parties and get high to Tame Impala, no normie is gonna think you're weird for this.

Han Jan though
youtube.com/watch?v=A8S5Rd_02uA

jesus tame impala is pretty normie
they must be giga normie (ed sheeran)

Also i feel like normies as in people who only listen to top 40 are dying out, like most normies of my generation actually listen to pretty varied shit and definitely listen through albums. It's not necessarily the most Sup Forums approved or patrician music but no 2 people I know like the exact same music, normies included.

Brother Sport

>Live with musicians
>they always listen to technical/operatic metal or jazz
>put on Glenn Branca once
>"Is this ambient?"

when I put on Rapeman, Sonic Youth, Jesus Lizard or Daughters room mates say this

Julia Holter

I had a friend who wouldnt ever listen to anything remotely sad. Or even talk about anything that wasnt postive. He pretty much only listened to Sublime

where do you live? Rural Ireland here, my mates were aghast when I mentioned I listen to albums. They literally all have the opinion that Bohemian Rhapsody is the best song ever and called me hipster and dickhead because I asked if they were joking. They also think The Beatles are the best band ever, despite never listening to an album or anything but the songs everybody knows. The biggest "Beatles fan" came in my room while I was listening to Revolver, Tomorrow Never Knows was playing, and said "what is this shit".
I get that some people just aren't interested in music but it's the attitude of "Adele and Sheeran are amazing, you're just a (insert perjorative here) who pretends not to like them" that drives me fucking mad

hahaha seriously i'm laughing so hard right now, you really haven't just made this up haven't you ?

Yeah where I live may have something to do with it. I'm from Southern CA and attend a decent university, so the normies I know are pretty smart. But even in the small suburban northern CA town I grew up in, most normies stopped listening to top 40 before high school (ages 14-18) after the rise of streaming and started exploring different avenues of music, like playlists based on genres or moods or even using the radio from a streaming service to listen to a certain genre or mood. This led to them finding new artists that they liked and listened to, and as they got older internet fandoms and social media helped them discover other artists. Also a lot of the kids my age (I'm 21) whose parents were in America for the late 60s, 70s, and 80s got introduced through their parents to the music of those eras pretty early.

Yeah The Beatles get thrown around as the greatest thing ever just because everyone's parents' think they are and literally everyone knows them. And even here most people do not know The Beatles by their albums.

Also to be fair to your friends Bohemian Rhapsody is an amazing song imo, though it's definitely overrated (and so is Queen, for that matter). It also doesn't help that Bohemian Rhapsody gets played everywhere ever. But yeah, if you think it's the best song ever, objectively, that's definitely not the case.

why the fuck are normies obsessed with Pink Floyd, why do they all have to listen to the most uninteresting band ever. It's always either Floyd or the Beatles.

>Pink fucking Floyd is the most uninteresting band ever
Overrated, definitely. Most uninteresting, no way imo.

all true, unfortunately.
sounds pretty good man, nobody listens to anything but top 40, Biggie and trap music here. Interesting thought about parents introducing them to music, doesn't really happen here.None of my mates seem to know any older Irish bands, and the only Irish bands they can name are U2 (who they hate of course, "War? What's that?" and the Coronas who may be the most boring band on earth.
A friend of mine picked up my iPod last year, was scrolling through and said "wow didn't take you for a My Bloody Valentine fan" I was surprised thinking maybe he actually knew them so I replied, asking if he likes shoegaze. "What the fuck is shoe-gays? Is that what they call this emo shite these days?"
Also had a mate who had never heard of the pogues when they came on in the car. I truly think Ireland is the plebbiest country on earth, although you do get the odd older lad down the pub who loves rock ( invariably citing Thin Lizzy and RATM as his favourites) but these are 45 year old men

Italy is the plebbiest country
people here only listen to top 40, italian hip-hop (pretty bad), entry-level dadrock, EDM, Eminem, some old-school hip hop and shitty trap

Attached: react211.jpg (960x701, 35K)

this
a girl told me that she doesn't like Pulse Demon because it makes her anxious

yea it's kind of the same in the south of Sweden where I live, it's really just the worst most generic picks one could even make.
either that or it's the literal polar opposite where they're fucking huge metal heads but most of those people are also just elitist metalheads who just ree out over anything non-metal

One time I started listening to STGSTV in class and I guess my headphones were loud and the girl behind me grabbed one of them and put it in her ear and said
>user, what do you even listen to?!
I just said it was an intro and the rest is kinda normal...

not as in insult but whoever posted this is literally autistic

Pull your head out, it's just pretension.

Blue Monday
Really didn't help that the vocals don't start until 2 minutes into the song

i though your electronic music scene was decent.

>driving gf and gfs friend home after spring break trip
>have been trying to play normal shit that's enjoyable like frank ocean and shit
>think everyone is asleep, put on exmilitary at a low volume
>gfs friend wakes up
>"haha user this is weird, i didn't know you liked dubstep"

Attached: 20180323_141745.png (1440x1032, 967K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ySRnjt65M8w

user why are you afraid of being yourself?

Yeah especially around your GF

I like frank ocean too. Played death grips around my gf previously, she said it was ok (aka it's shit but i don't want to hurt your feelings)
I was more playing normal shit because her friends were in the car and i wanted to play something i knew everyone would enjoy

Mainstream 90’s was trash already
>buttrock
>pop punk
>smell like teen spirit

Nirvana, Linkin Park, My chemical romance... Where I live people listen only to radio music, so even mainstream stuff from my youth is weird.

The rest of the world whose keep listening only most popular artists

>played TNT one time
>sperg walks in
>"sounds sorta like Imagine Dragons"

>Played The Flower Called Nowhere for a friend
>"this is sorta creepy man"

made me laugh, thank you user

>A friend of mine picked up my iPod last year, was scrolling through and said "wow didn't take you for a My Bloody Valentine fan"
> Is that what they call this emo shite these days?"
oh no, he was doing the My Chemical Romance mixup thing wasn't he?

>driving with friends
>put on In the Aeroplane Over the Sea in order because I was still really hyped about it
>"did he just talk about a uterus?"

TBF it's a weird album on the first listen. And people being weirded out or taken aback by the music you listen to isn't bad if they're interested after they get over their initial shock (which I find is usually the case). And in ItAOtS's case it's weird even after multiple listens, I mean c'mon it's a weird concept album about making existential metaphysical love to Anne Frank, among a host of other things. People are gonna be weirded out by it. There's a reason it's a meme, because those lyrics taken out of context are simultaneously WTF and also just plaintively clear and raw (e.g. "Jesus Christ I love you").

Oh shit, that would explain it. I was just thinking he might have recognized the name because they are a critically acclaimed Irish band and assumed from the name that they were emo. I know many people who've done this, especially with an album called Loveless. Hell, I did it myself before I actually listened to it for the first time.

>This music is scaring me user
>Its too angry!
>Why do you like being yelled at?

Attached: 1 copy.png (600x700, 295K)

very true, I guess I was hoping they would be as excited about it as I was when I heard it for the first time. Later that day I remember putting on Is This It by the Strokes and I didn't hear comments about it being weird.

okay but back in high school all my friends only listened to dubstep. I got them into experimental hip-hop with exmilitary

Well weird doesn't necessarily mean bad. My first listen I thought it was weird as hell but I loved it, though in your friends' case they apparently felt differently. It's not everyone's cup of tea but I would encourage them to give it a chance (if I were you). I have heard people who refuse to listen just because they hate Mangum's weird unfiltered voice though, which I sorta get. It's also a deeply personal and emotional album and maybe they were just uncomfortable listening to it in a car with everyone else around (I know I would be except with very very close friends).

Yeah I've always liked Is This It, and it's a great album to listen to on long drives and/or in a group setting.

>what goes on the radio is better than this shit you're listening to

Most people grow out of being a mopey sack of shit at some point.

>Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, etc.
Sure, except at my school, Rise Against was hugely part of that "etc." and holy fuck does that band blow.

fellow Sup Forumstant in ireland this is extremely accurate

>this, the Currentest of Years™
>nothing you listen to is even remotely accessible
Why do you kids try so hard to go against the grain?

When I do an activity that puts strain on my heart or, and am feeling anxious about my health due to drug use I feel slightly uncomfortable putting on certain types of music, are women this weak 24/7?

I wish I had friends that I could share my taste with. Not have it be accepted, or have them like it, I'd be happy with someone who could just try to listen to it and give me an honest opinion.

I'll be your friend user

R-really??

>picking up sister from school
>intro to Talking Heads - Remain in Light
>"why are they yelling like that this is weird"
>didn't say anything else on the drive home

Dude weed (no pun intended) can give you serious paranoia.

pussy