I did it again Sup Forums re-watched Alien 3 and I really tried to like it but no it just does not click

I did it again Sup Forums re-watched Alien 3 and I really tried to like it but no it just does not click.

it's okay, it's shit.

Alien is really the only good film in the whole franchise tbf

Try again after Covenant

luckily I watched Alien 3 first and I thought it was great, but then I watched Aliens and was bummed they killed all the cool characters in 3.

I love it but I can see why others don't. I just have a taste for ridiculously miserable gothic sci fi

It's cool, bro. Different strokes for different folks.

surely you mean Aliens

I like it, but it's very depressing to watch after the first two movies.

Everyone associated with that movie even the director has disowned it

I can't even imagine how bad Alien Resurrection is

It's actually okay.
Silly and not to be taken seriously, but not shit

they shouldn't have done a sequel. what was sigourney thinking signing up for this? her story was all wrapped up at the end of aliens with her surrogate family. she seems to have some kind of integrity. why this?

Alien>>>>>>Alien3 AssemblyCut>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Prometheus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Aliens

I really like Alien vs. Pretador desu, it was the first movie involving xenomorphs I had seen. Don't get why the critics are so harsh against it.

>Silly and not to be taken seriously

Than it must really be shit

You haven't seen the assembly cut?

The Assembly Cut is quite good.

I like it too. It's obviously very different tone compared to Alien and Predator movies, but it's still a good and fun movie. I guess the harsh criticism was because the movie wasn't really sci-fi horror like Aliens, and not action like Predator, but something in-between. I guess the hardcore fans were expecting some ultra-gore fest like the AVP comics.

It reminded me of those Mummy movies that had both horror and action elements.

AVPs are shit because every scene involving humans is totally unnecessary. It just wastes viewer's time with MUH EXPOSITION when some pizza delivery looser gets beaten instead of just dying the same moment he appears on the screen. These movies also forget very important fact that Aliens are not just monster movies but it's also a good sci-fi with cool setting. We had it in AvP games and AvP games were cool. Placing it in modern setting totally ruins everything. Modern days worked for Predator series because it's a story about hunter and animal from animal's perspective and AvPs suddenly add one more animal that came out of nowhere and roasts protagonist animals. AvP movies are trash not because the idea is poorly executed, the concept itself is trash.

No, you can't imagine how bad it is.

I really don't understand why people don't like it.

alien cube is terrible

the doctor is a cool character, and the scene in your picture is nice but everything else is garbage

>killing the 2 others suvivor off screen because you need another sequel

ree

Alien: Resurrection is the second best film in the franchise, right after Alien

Because WAA MUH WAIFUS I WANTED MUH COMBAT LOLI AND HER BIG DADDY WITH BIG GUNZ.

I love the Prison planet thing, Charles Dance is also cool as hell. I don't think it's horrible but clearly worse than 1 and 2

No thank you. Wynona sucks and it was stupid

You forgot the ultimately supreme best movie of the franchise.

I like it, the atmosphere is much more tense than in Aliens. It was the first Alien movie that I ever saw tho.

Some aspects of Alien 3 are pretty good but the script is so messy that it ends up far weaker than the two previous films. The Assembly cut smooths some of the scenes out but it adds this whole part in the middle that makes the movie look even dumber capturing the Alien, and then releasing it again because one guy hears "voices" in his head.

Resurrection is about par with 3 but based on entirely different strengths and weakness. Between the two; Alien 3 was stronger in atmosphere and tone, while Resurrection is stronger in its single but more entertaining story and interesting set pieces.

>single
simple

>I can't even imagine how bad Alien Resurrection is
Jean-Pierre Jeunet is a good director, the cast is great, the movie technically fantastic, best xenos of the franchise, 10/10 body horror with the ripley clones.
It's problem is the whedon script, and that they kill Michael Wincott first. As some random sci-fi movie the script could have worked, but it fails as a script for an alien movie. I think Whedon's officially apologized for it. Its worth watching though for the under water scene (that nearly killed all the actors), the ripley clones, and the hybrid ayy lmao. Winona is also qt3.14 in it.

>the hybrid ayy lmao
That final scene is the stuff of fucking nightmares, holy shit

>ultra-gore fest like the AVP comics.
What the fuck are you talking about, the original Dark Horse Aliens vs Predator comic books was a story that was adapted from an unused script and material from the development hell that was Alien 3.
They got all the production and concept designs, they got one of the artists that designed the predator for predator 2 to draw the comics.
It's actually pretty fucking great. I personally hate the AvP movies because they squander badass source material that was already designed to be a movie, and make low budget stupid mouth breathing pleb trash out of it.

I like Resurrection but
>black crumpled plastic bags covered in liquid soap
>best xenos of the franchise

You heard me. That scene with brad dourif is great.

>best xenos of the franchise

Fucking clomping great b-movie monsters with retarded 'lion' sound effects. no thank you. Better carapaces than Aliens and that's all they had going for them. Not to mention saggytits the Milkybar monster.

Every scene in the history of cinema with Brad Douriff is great.

Same. Well the first one at least, the second one is too damn dark to appreciate anything going on most of the time.

But yeah, it's not HIGH ART, but it's a fun sci-fi action adventure horror thing-me-do that delivers on what I wanted for the most part.

Did you watch the assembly cut? It's way better. Like a shit sundae instead of a shit sandwich. Still shit, but somewhat enjoyable.

Alien Resurrection a worst.

>everyone forgetting ssj3 levels of rape

The fuck you smoking. The script itself was fine, what didn't work was the shit monster design for the hybrid and the completely out of left field director and his direction.

It's saying something when the 4th movie is better than 3. We could have had Aliens set on a Blade Runner earth, with the xeno homeworld and actual elephant engineers at the end. But no, we got a wannabe retread of the first movie with little tension and a botched edited final version. How contrarian do you teens have to be to choose 3 over Aliens, holy shit. And shitting on T2 as well. Fucking plebbitors.

My redditor 13-year younger brother talked shit on James Cameron, then I showed him T2 and Aliens. Completely changed his tune after seeing them.

>whedon quip fest in an alien movie
>fine

Why wouldn't you show him Abyss and the original terminator, plebbit?

Shit story, wasted potential, retread of much better first movie, kills off characters from 2, plotholes, story goes nowhere. Wooden satellite and monks would have been better, as would Aliens but on earth. If you like it but still admit it's shitty then good for you. If you thinks it's hot shit and better than Aliens, then you're an idiot and contrarian.

I don't get it, plebbitors hate Cameron movies but love Marvel. Cameron puts his soul into his movies and is a perfectionist who is a bitch to work with due to micromanaging. Marvel movies, which I admit I like, aren't top-tier in anything and some of them are forgettable and don't really add much to pop culture. Aliens alone accounted for a shitload of scifi tropes.

Fuck you guy. We saw all the terminators in order and he saw Alien 1-2. Same with the predator series and the matrix ones. I specifically bought each of those collections.

If you got the Alien box set on blu ray I highly recommend watching all the bonus content and featurettes.

>Alien (Alien^1) = 1 movie
>Aliens (Alien^2) = 2 movies
>Alien^3 = 4 movies

Alien^3 should actually be Alien^4/Alien 4 and you can't even argue this point.

I did. All the work Cameron did and the camera tricks he used made me appreciate how people like him made such movies despite not having a lot of our current technology. And Vasquez's actress really did show up cause she thought it was about illegal aliens kek. I wanted the quadrilogy since I was 15 and finally got it when I was 25. I watch them all at least once a month. Except for 3, which it's not good.

If Alien^1 equals 1 then Alien^3 equals also 1

This math checks out

I've tried the same multiple times, it's just bad.

Even 4 is enjoyable even though it's complete shit, it's just so cheesy and hammy it ends up being fun again.

3 is just fucking awful.

No, the math doesn't check out because 3 movies do not equal 1 movie no matter how you cut it.

Resurrection is the 8th installment.

What took your mom so long to finally buy you the set?

>and that they kill Michael Wincott first
Literally the same reason Alien 3 was so fucking shit after a certain point, killing off the only likeable person in the main cast besides Ripley first.

Still haven't taken pre algebra?

1=/=3 Mr. Mochizuki

if x^1=1 then x^3=1

Alien 3's theatrical cut should be nuked into oblivion. After I watched the special edition it went from a 1/10 to a 6/10 at least

if you want to meme someone into wasting 2 hours of their lives just tell them to watch A3's theatrical version. The Fox execs at the time that interfered in Fincher's vision should all be lined up and shot for butchering the damn movie into this jumbled mess - I would've disowned the damn thing too after seeing them raping my work

reeeee

>Aliens set on a Blade Runner earth, with the xeno homeworld and actual elephant engineers at the end
I need to know more about that.

I've heard that Fincher holds one hell of a grudge against this movie because of all the bullshit that happened during production. I really wish that one day he'd just let it all go, considering that he's already a very respected and established director, and give us the ultimate, definitive version of Alien 3.

>Wynona sucks
DELET

It's not a good film. No one thought it was when it came out. The bar has just been lowered so much by crappy X Men films and crappy Star Wars films and everything else that somehow people are trying this again and thinking it's good. It isn't, it's crap.

Also
>aliens are killed by flamethrowers but jump out of pools of molten lead just because it will look cool

Correction:

>Aliens as originally envisioned will survive vacuum, molten lead etc. because they're meant to be frightening and otherworldly
>Aliens as envisioned by Cameron/Woodruff and Gillis will die to fire because they're disposable cockroach monsters

>first movie involving xenomorphs I had seen.
why on earth why?
no excuse.

x=# of movies

I like how GOTY 2014 ignores that Flamethrowers vs Cockroaches gay shit and even grenades can only scare them.

Why do Xeno's get such shitty treatment.
>Alien 3
>Ressurection
>AvP
>AvP 2
>colonial Marines