What the hell? he's got japs on his tail

>what the hell? he's got japs on his tail

HAHAHAHA

mark kermode comparing this to tropic thunder is entirely justified. vince vaughn is channeling fats' spirit throughout.

how the fuck did this get best picture and best director nods?

>critic doesn't like it
suddenly losers come on Sup Forums and say they don't like it too
get your own opinions

kermode is an SJW faggot. people talked like this in WW2

What I dont get is the message of the movie

>the main character hates killing
>Lets everyone else kill around him
So the main character allows to be around "sinful" people as long as he doesnt sinful

It's about conflicting views, he didn't want to kill people but he needed to be a part of those who defended the country because that's what he felt was right.

Also he didn't get to a 'spiritual' answer on what he should do, this was clear when her wife told him to not confuse his will with the lord's

>Lets everyone else kill around him
The fuck you suggest son? What would you want him to do? Cry like a fucking fag without doing nothing the whole movie? People do things. Deal with it.

>leftist fedora tipping atheists complain about christian morality

yeah fuck off, this isn't for you

True, he accuses almost everything of being sexist and racist, but he gave a pretty reasonable review of Hacksaw. He acknowledged the good aspects, and was right about the first half being like a hallmark movie. I disagree with him about Andrew Garfield's performance being great though, the accent he put on was one of the worst I have ever heard.

Why do people pick this movie apart so much?

Mel Gibson is still seen as problematic and because it's a movie that depicts Christianity as a wholesome, non-ironic positive force for good

Religion in film is only approved by leftists when used in a subversive fashion

>the accent he put on was one of the worst I have ever heard.
I live about 50 miles from where Doss grew up. Garfield's accent is spot on.

Ugh, a flippant nickname for the enemy in a time of war? What is this, 1944? They should be pretending there isn't a war and they haven't been attacked, and refer to these people as 'Japanese-Americans'. I mean really, who do they think they are, Darth Vader?

What really happens:
>most rational anons liked the movie, didn't think it was anything stellar
>Mel's rabid "muh joos" fanbase claim it as the best war movie ever and a flawless masterpiece of good moral values (lmao as if the moral message of the movie determines its quality)
>an anti-Mel rabid fanbase develops as a counter-movement to all these shitters
>Sup Forums remains the shitty cesspool it always was

But it was great.
Great atmosphere
Great action
Great writing
Great characters
Great acting

Go fuck yourself

>muh b-b-b-bible

based mel is our guy, but this was a bad movie. vince vaughan was hilariously bad.

Hot Springs here. If you think that's what Virginians sound like, you have no idea what you are talking about. Lynchburg isn't even rural. Just like Jodie Foster in Silence of the Lambs, they see Virginia and assume it means generic southern accent, even though someone from Virginia is likely to sound pretty much exactly like someone from Maryland, Delaware, or Ohio.

This movie makes no sense

>good Christian allows people around him to kill

hey man the bible says nothing about kicking grenades at japs

Because Mel fanboys are fags.

Because compared to Apocalypto everything about this movie is fucking amateur hour, and even worse there were people who have the gall to say it has better war scenes than Saving Private Ryan when they look like cheap b-movie garbage.

Making a personal choice to not kill based on his own interpretation of his niche denomination and because he fears his own sadistic urges doesn't mean he has to actively prevent other soldiers from killing people, dipshit

the only people who think this is a contradiction are edgy leftist fedora tipping atheist cuckolds

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAH

I mean, he literally commits abetment to murder or how ever you want to call killing people in a war. Seems like it's pretty easy to trick god.

>At last we have become the hacksaw ridge

What the fuck?

Thanks for proving his point retard and this is from someone who love this film

I still dont get it

>good guy wipes his hands clean of blood while he allows to watch other people kill and be damned to hell just as long as he is safe on god's side
This goes back to the unforgiveable sin that god never forgives u of: blasphemy of the spirit

No Christian would care for those who do it as long as they are righteous, they dont care if god damns people to burn for eternity

Yea, seems like an edgelord coward to me

I'm just here to make fun of how shitty these scenes are again.
>war is really like that duuuuude
lol nope

the part where he pulls Vince Vaughn throug the battlefield comes pretty close to actually pulling the trigger himself.

I cannot fucking believe it.

I don't get how this film got this much praise.

i suspect plenty of people on Sup Forums only say they like it (or are actually deluded) because "based" mel gibson directed it.

pretty much this. there is a huge gibson circlejerk going on that desperately wants Mel to redeem himself.

I want to know something. Is the dude conscripted or does he go into the army out of his own free will?
Furthermore I'd like to know how he can be fine with saving people that will kill others? Isn't that a bit like killing someone indirectly?

looks like he's warming up for his viking berserker film.

>movie comes out
>Sup Forums fucking loves it
>"BASED MEL"
>movie comes out on dvd
>rip gets put up
>"lol this is fucking shit"
Fucking poorfags I swear

20min in, still some sappy romance with a nurse..

uhh this is going to get better right ?

How do you not get it? Its not a Christians job to save everyone, that is up to God. Its may be a Christians job to spread the word and be a witness of the Lord, but its not his duty to go around and stop every sin.

yea if he never kills he can go to heaven, its that simple

what the fuck is this? the other one was stupid but this is just parody-tier

did it of his own will. his brother went first, and then he thought he had to as well, didn't feel right to stay at home. i think his focus was only on saving human lives, and not really thinking of the consequences.

>jap massacre hacksaw ridge
>japs vs jesus silence
>chink bad guys arrival
>la la land hard to pronounce for asians
>arrival also not easy

why are the oscars so anti-asian?

people still say jap and only pussies get triggered by it. It's faster to say and I'm sure they didn't give a shit during a world war

a b movie fit for television soap hours.

>10 seconds in
>Guy does a handstand over sandbags
>Stays on his hands for 4 more seconds of shooting
Hmm...

the last hour battle scene was great but is everyone just going to ignore how the first hour was unbearable, cliche, hack, garbage and if it weren't for the glorious hour long WW2 action scene most people would loathe this gone with the wind romance, stone age dreck.

>la la land hard to pronounce for asians
my fucking sides

the battle scenes in this movie were fucking hardcore. a webm doesn't do it justice. shit made me want to go play rising storm as soon as i went home.

>based on a true story
>even included the real people during the end interviews
They should be offended. This is the worst war movie I've ever seen. If it wasn't for Suicide Squad, it would be the worst movie I've seen in the past year.

Reminder

Yeah it wasn't infested with libshits 80 years ago m8

Everything you listed was contrived dogshit. Even the action was cartoonish. The movie is a parody of itself.

>japs run up to a ditch in a perfect four person line just so they can all get sprayed by a flame thrower from some apparently unseen american
Every moment was like this. It's comparable to a fight scene where dozens of guys circle the hero but fight him one at a time. Goddamn the love for this movie triggers me.