TYP bombed in USA

>TYP bombed in USA
Why? It is a really good show

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nsd4clC_X3k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First episode was boring as fuck so I dropped the whole thing. I suspect many people did the same

Because the average American is an uneducated dumbfuck who voted for le ebin meme man to be their president.

I don't really care about Catholicism and actually try to avoid stories that feature it.

I've heard it's really good though

too kino for the plebs

I didn't find it boring at all

>Why?

What do you mean why? You know exactly why.

the show actually upsets traditional catholics because it actually portrays the clergy as people, often with motivations directly contrary to scripture and doctrine.

it makes no sense since this is exactly what christianity is supposed to be about, sinful people sinning but all the time striving to be closer to god. im an atheist and thought it was one of the best shows in years.

>what if the pope was, like, hip young dude!
This is anime-tier premise for a TV show

Le jooos am i right?
Sadly the show doesn't have fast editing, cgi, guns or superheroes

Literally watch the show

I found it very pro-church actually

because protestants of the american kind are generally fucking stupid

look mum I'm memeing. At least watch the show first so that you don't embarrass yourself

He's a conservative 40 year old man.

same reason why no one watched Mad Men and The Knick either, 2kino4them

only difference this didn't even get critic shilling because the protagonist BTFOs fags, pedos and pro-choice hoes

Because it's boring and repetitive. The pope is an asshole to everyone he encounters.
This is the height of Italian humor

>i didn't watch the show

I love it, but I can see how plebs wouldn't like it. I'm sure walking dead is more their speed.

Does it have Explosions, Guns, Murder, Swearing or Gore?

literally because of this one line
I mean fucking really?

It's hard to watch

Voiello is the best TV character since Pete from Mad Men

His huge ass fucking mole is so distracting

>40

Plebs

Only thing funnier than this scene are the comments.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nsd4clC_X3k

the LMFAO scene is the only thing keeping this from being a 10/10
I get that it was supposed to be irreverent but it still was fucking awful

Christians really are retarded if they don't like this show. It is the most Christian kino in the world. But
>boohoo he's a meanie and he doesn't praise a gay transgender kid for pooping his bed

The Young Pope really has something essentially human about it
Americans are robots that are almost as removed from humanity as the Chinese

It's Catholic kino, not Christian. That's why Protestant heretics like Americans couldn't comprehend it. In other words:

I really, really like this image.

This is why Christians didn't watch.

I think most people who aren't Christian don't want to watch a show revolving around something they're completely removed from. A lot of the significance of a scene is lost on someone unfamiliar with the pinnings of the religion.

I'm almost caught up with what's on HBO, but I can't find HD rips of the show anywhere, it's all sub-DVD quality shit with no subtitles for the italian parts

what do?

You've missed the part when he turned out to be from the 1200s.

>DUDE I'M BOTH EDGY AND LIKE TO PRETEND I AM SMART
>YOU PLEBS DON'T GET THE YOUNG POPE

lol

Probably because it's distinctively European, in a way that didn't really happen with (English language) TV shows before this one. I mean I can see why an American would not get why people shitting on Napoli is hilarious. On the other hand, this works the other way too and it didn't prevent American-centric shows like House of Cards or Mad Men being popular in Europe, so Americans need to stop being such fucking plebs.

I watched the first 4 episodes or so and kinda disliked it.
Despite the great acting from Jude Law and the high production values, the series didn't really catch my attention.
I really disliked how everybody was 100% loyal to the pope, despite hating him. In real life, cardinals would just ignore his commands and do their own policy

Americans have shit taste

>It's a Sup Forums reveals itself for being underaged ADHD plebs again episode

Getting tired of this rerun

I'm not gonna spoonfeed you but I DLd the whole show with 720p rips and subs like weeks ago so git gud.

This is like the least edgy show of all time. Only Lenny is written as an edgy character and the show completely acknowledges that he is an edgelord.

>Sodebergh
>Sorrentino
>Coen bros

who's the next filmmaker to renounce the heresy of feature films and accept TV as our lord and saviour?

Most Americans were expecting it to basically be House of Cards except in the Vatican and for it to be more of a satire/attack against religion.

>Why?

It's authentic and honest, the opposite of what American "film buffs" enjoy.

>This thread

I fucking hate Americans

this 100x

My guess: Americans have reject religion more than Europeans.

It's not capeshit nor zombie themed.

I think people saw HBO and thought omg they're gonna shit on catholics like they did scientologists.

>Why?

because it sucks
even based Ben Shapiro dropped it after the first pope's speech as he said on his podcast

You have no idea how Vatican works.

>I really disliked how everybody was 100% loyal to the pope, despite hating him. In real life, cardinals would just ignore his commands and do their own policy

pffft hahaha

European /pol > american /pol

Sorrentino is too high brow for Americans, which is funny, because he is not high brow at all.

Mediocre show.

is this show actually good or just a meme

was it written by an actual catholic or at least someone with a good understanding? or by some /r/athiesm sperg?

no connection between the too.

i would've voted to him more than shilary, and i liked the yp
Also libfucks (feminazis, Pussy Riot) hate the church and catholicism as you see IRL and in the show too

Go and watch it instead of begging Sup Forums to tell you what to think of it.

Because cable television is dying and the only streaming service that is genuinely thriving is Netflix. those who subscribe to HBO are barely a constituent

It's pleb filter.

Which one, the dream sequence that's shitting on leftist cucks like Pope francis or the actual first speech in episode 2?

>It's authentic and honest, the opposite of what American "film buffs" enjoy.

>Sorrentino is too high brow for Americans, which is funny, because he is not high brow at all.

these so much

>Wants to excommunicate all gay and pedo clergymen
>Hip

If you haven't watched the show, you shouldn't be discussing it.

A show doesn't have to be action packed to be interesting

The first episode is truly boring. If you can actually explain to me how the episode isn't just slow and uninteresting go ahead.

>mfw so many people didn't realize that it was Lenny's nightmare.

i dont want to waste my time watching it if its shit

t. heretic pleb

Then why are you even ITT discussing the show, just waiting to copy some opinion and then parrot it forward later on, pretending to have watched it?

the dream one

Critics compared him to Trump in their reviews and then complained that he wasn't getting fucked over enough and in these turbulent political times, this triggered them.
I wish I had made that up.

Ironically the actual Pope is much much closer to Trump than Lenny is, but of course I bet the same people think he is the best pope ever just because he regurgitates their own opinions instead of the opposing side's.

lol the fuck are you goobers sperging on about?

I thought they like capeshit.

Yeah, Francis is a ruthless politicker. All that stuff with the Knights of Malta has put a lot of noses out of joint.

It does?

to ask if its good and if i should watch it you fucking mongoloid

You literally wasted more time in this thread than it would've took you to check the show out.

all I know is the pope wants open borders and likes to kiss nigger feet

pretty sure SJWs would be repelled by this TV show because they think it's an """"alt right"""" edgy fantasy for a pope to be conservative these days

just search for The Young Pope+Trump and you'll see many thousands of words written by yank journalists and critics in which they pour over the first two episodes of the show, decide that Lenny is a Trump allegory and then suggest that the show isn't worth watching.

Never mind the fact that the show started production in 2014, which was a year before Trump even announced his candidacy for the Republican party.