Enemy at the Gates

What the fuck, they don't even have a gun for every man? Why would you shoot your own soldiers they're just wasting bullets on themselves instead of the enemy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BqHzs4PtqIE
youtube.com/watch?v=6yJ0xB9Mqss
youtube.com/watch?v=7po52DQytEs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They did, it's just a stupid meme.

Stalin executed all of his military officers before ww2.

Why was there a love story in this movie?

I enjoy the movie, its nice to have some acknowledgement of a pivotal battle in what is the largest theater of war to exist in human history. That said, its historical fucking madness.

By this stage of the war the two powers were at a stage of technological parity, the idea of sending unarmed men into combat is fucking lunacy. The purges hobbled them undoubtedly, but by this stage of the war competent officers had risen. Zhukov was in charge at this point ffs.

And even if the purges had happened the day BEFORE the Germans invaded and first day draftees had been put in charged I dare you to find anyone retarded enough to come up with the idea of sending unarmed men to the front.

Stalin send men to the front he wanted to get rid off. This was a way to kill them "legally"

Why was the Wehrmacht demonized in this hollywood movie when they fought for the liberation of magna evropa from the hellish yoke of judeo-bolshevism?

The Mosin Nagant was an old as fuck rifle that had been in production for 50 years, they had shitloads of 'em to throw around. The problem was getting the modern gas operated semiauto rifles and submachine guns to the troops, plus the aforementioned lack of experienced leadership within the Red Army after the purges of the 30's

it's just all exaggerated for dramatic effect

Btw the soldiers that suvived the war and came back home, all went to prison. They were treated as traitors. Because they survived.... read Alexander Solschenizyn- The Gulag Archipellago. It is not an easy read because he talks a lot about the history of russia and the people involved in it. But if you read it you will understand a lot about soviet russia.

well this fucker was retarded enough

Because that's how zerg rush work, comrade.

In ww1 they didn't, maybe that's where they got that

>that sex scene

The lack of accents was really distracting. I'm supposed to believe these British niggas are Russians.

Guns were not the problem. Ammunition was the what was short. Just wouldn't have been very dramatic if Jude Law was given a rifle and had to wait around for the next ammo ship to arrive.

can't have people actually sympathizing with real russians y'know

they pull this obscure shit all the time as subtle propaganda

How were the planes be able to hear the whistle?

There were times in both wars where the ratio of materiel to men shit the bed, but I don't think they ever literally made people go into battle empty-handed because that would be retarded even for Russians.

The problem with national accents is that you run the risk of butchering it completely. It's why I'm glad that Tom Cruise didn't use a German accent. Hollywood movies have to be bankable and hiring Russian and German actors that know the English language perfectly to understand for an american audience isn't going to happen

That said, just stick to the classic.

youtube.com/watch?v=BqHzs4PtqIE

watch Battle for Sevastopol, Brest Fortress, and Come and see

They didn't. Presumably coordinated offensives run on a clockwork schedule, and as time is pretty much standard between the Luftwaffe and the Heer...

>that webm

All I wanted was BoB with Germans on the Eastern front and they had to cocktease me with this and a couple of other incredibly brief scenes, then make it 95% weepy civilian drama. Fucking Germans stop apologizing already and give us more warkino.

Cross of Iron.

his expression at the end is fantastic

youtube.com/watch?v=6yJ0xB9Mqss

I love Cross of Iron but it's very much an old-school character driven war movie, I just want a few hours of something like this set in the Eastern Front

youtube.com/watch?v=7po52DQytEs

You can do better than Russian conscript Rachel Weisz though.

>Solschenizyn
Fuck off please.

The Soviet system did not care about the people. Them dieing had no signifigance. Only victory mattered.

Kek, it's been funny seeing gulag-deniers come out of the woodwork since Jordan Peterson memed that book into popularity lately.

No denial here, just that Solschenizyn pull out a lot of numbers out of his own ass.

It's a work of (Hollywood) fiction, that's like two layers of retard.

good lord. thats my fetish!

>the soldiers that suvived the war and came back home, all went to prison. They were treated as traitors.
That was because they saw the civilised Europe and compared it to the communist paradise.

This happened in WW1, not because of incompetence but because the general in charge of munitions embezzled all the money and was also a spy for the Germans.

Wish I had a source for you.

I Want You (1998)

I Want You. 1998

Well thank you, but I really just want to know what movie that was.

face like an alien monster in a human shell

Just show me your dick you little tease!

Lay off her. She's over 4000 years old according to that mummy documentary.

is this Bretskaya krepost ?

Man, documentaries about the Battle of Kursk makes it seem like the most epic single battle of all time.

>Russians know ahead of time where the Germans will blitzkrieg this time so they build up epic defenses that probably still kill and maim people to this day
>Germans fight hard and are able to eventually push through anyway
>German blitzkrieg meet up with an incoming Russian blitzkrieg that wasn't expecting the Germans to push through the front lines
>T-34's have no chance against Tiger tanks at range so they're ordered to charge and ram the Tigers
>Tigers destroy massive amounts of T-34's at range but then lose after they start getting literally swarmed by a seemingly endless rush of T-34's
>Air support on both sides operating on Max but the opposing armies are fighting in basically hand-to-hand melee in an open field meaning tons of inevitable friendly fire bombings